Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:43 AM

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Yesterday I fixed my generator mounts. The generator kept getting pushed away from the tire, and so it wasn't charging my battery. My voltage on my battery dropped to 10v. Not good. It took me all evening, but I finally got it mounted where it cant push away from the tire. And if I ever need to loosen it to do anything with the wheel, its entirely moveable. Tomorrow the bike is getting a bit of an overhaul. I'll be installing a manic adapter and 44t sprocket onto a wheel with a shimano cb110 hub and swapping out the old wheel with the Huffy hub and Howard adapter. I'll also be swapping out a 44t chainring for a 36t, and modifying my brake lever to fit a larger toggle switch to control my headlight. My old toggle switch was not working properly, so I went with a heavier duty one, which is currently hose-clamped to my handlebars until I can get it properly mounted. Thats going to take a little dremel work. I also need to make sure both tires have the right amount of air, and after that I think I'll be good to go.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Fabricated this up...

Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Fixed Clutch. Epoxied Engine to frame. Ran my first 10mi straight run with hills and light offroad. Repurposed and packed duffel bag for my 3 day trip.If i didn't remember to say this last week. Replaced tires Armadillos with Sharder thron resist tubes
Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Seriously you're glued your motor to the frame for real. WOW LMAO , Well don't forget the tie wire, duck tape, and bubble gun, I gota felling your gona need it
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
Seriously you're glued your motor to the frame for real. WOW LMAO , Well don't forget the tie wire, duck tape, and bubble gun, I gota felling your gona need it
HAHAHA! Yup. Thats in addition to the standard mount. The expoxy is just overkill.. ALTHOUGH, I keep tons of Duct Tape laying around.. You never know what I might have to hobble together
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 AM

Today I swapped out my 44t chainring for a 36t and installed my new manic adapter and sprocket on a 26" Wheelmaster wheel with a genuine shimano cb110 coaster brake hub. Its so nice to finally have a reliable wheel again. It rolls so smooth and no more wiggle like I had with the other wheel. I had to re-torque the adapter after my test ride though, because it slipped into my spokes. I had used blue threadlocker, but just didnt torque it down right I guess. So I retorqued and double checked both mounting bolts. This all took me about 6 hours, so I didnt get quite everything done that I wanted. Tomorrow its modifying my brake lever to fit in a larger toggle switch. The old one wasnt reliable. Also adjust front brake and put some air in the front tire. Hopefully will not take me as long as it did today. But I'm just so glad to have a reliable wheel after dealing with that piece of junk Huffy wheel for so long.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Rode over to the auto parts store and picked up the new NGK RACING PLUG I order Friday.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krealitygroup View Post
HAHAHA! Yup. Thats in addition to the standard mount. The expoxy is just overkill.. ALTHOUGH, I keep tons of Duct Tape laying around.. You never know what I might have to hobble together
LOL K, ayup!

I used to sail with a guy, a professional marine engineer. He had a special tool box that contained nothing but Duct Tape, bailing wire and weird bits-n-pieces.

No mains, generators or any thing ever failed for long when he was on board. He was an amazing and gifted "Wrench"

Not sure I have ever seen him epoxy parts together though. LOL

I was thinking it is gonna come back to haunt ya but would be funny if it had some sort of positive effect with vibes or some thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 08-18-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Brilliant idea I'm keeping this one in mind I have a very similar light "the newer bullet style that is and its doing the same thing you described. I can imagine how much brighter it is with all that extra reflective surface surrounding it !! In the bullet light it had what ...zero reflective surrounding area?

Whats top speed on this beast? Also whats your sp[ecial premix? That motor looks clean clean clean !!
Top speed is unknown for now.. it cruises at around 40 km/h with less than 1/4 throttle, and feels like it wants to pull out from under me when I open it up from there. On the motor, I cleaned up the intake and exhaust ports; the piston skirt has been cut (on the intake side) to allow maximum intake, it has a 'speed' carb and expansion chamber. Stock 44T sprocket, so it'll hill climb a bit better than my beast's 36T. I'm hoping that when I can afford it I'll be able to put a reed valve on it, that'll give me a major performance change I think. The head and jug have been lapped, as well.

As for the mix, this one's still at around 24:1, due to step up to 40:1 soon. (I use synthetic 2-stroke oil, HP Interceptor I think it's called).

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM

Figured out some of my motor mount needs...

Here you can see the direction I am thinking.

Last edited by dracothered; 08-18-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner