Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Thanks Killer! Side note, think we are going to finally get the motorized bicycle magazine going. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/motorbi...tml#post248757 I have to invest in the right kind of printer or see about having it professorially done. LOL, sorta on topic. (not even close.... But every one save their "how2s" and interesting links)

Vid of her playing in the snow after it was her friend again. She is a fairly large dog and is in the lee of that tree. Snow was not any where near as deep. Just after the cell phone shut off vid, she came running back up and was hysterical. She had to jump up and over, repeatedly. Was saturated with snow and out of breath.

Snow :: SnowShellyvid.mp4 video by dan3xd - Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Haha, your puppy reminded me of this vid of the Bud Horses snowball fight:
YouTube - Bud Horse

MB.com magazine?! Cool!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 PM

@ killer um wow dude those are some seriouse looking spikes i bet the handling is alot harder but if they give you traction then right on
Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 PM

Hells yea, I don't call'em Flesh-Shredders for nothing... xD
Old 01-15-2011, 04:04 AM

Worked out that I'm using roughly 10+% less fuel after moving the cliP up to the middle and the plug looks a he11 of alot better bike seems happier too now to slowly lean out the oil ratio..lol I'm such a tightass sometimes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 AM

my bike is going slow.. at 15mph .. doesnt sound like a air leak.. could i hear it if it was? my clutch acts fine until it runs for a short bit and then when i go to pull the clutch lever in and lock it in place.. it then does not want to free wheel. but yes it free wheels at first.. any ideas? i know this might be off topic but i ride mine everyday and need it for work and yeah i ran it through a few snow banks today because i wanted to see how far i could make it through the twelve foot section that was cover by about three feet of snow..lmao.. made it through it. wonder if i should just get a new engine and rip this one apart and fix it just incase i need it for later or i could make it a really fast one.. lend me a hand guys.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Staff

Is a good plan to have a spare engine on hand if your depending on your bike to get to work. Just a thought, I would try and get one from where you got your kit for "swap-ability" of parts. A good many dealers sell just the engine. I did a quick search and found this; motor motorized gas engine bike REPLACE 66cc engine new on eBay!

Also could check swap shop section and fellow MBers near you. Cool part of our crazy lil world, folks love to help ya out.

Did I ever tell you Thine, I used to live on Fair st in your fair city? Then moved to Palenvile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Last edited by Dan; 01-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:55 AM

During a 2hr straight ride I was about 500m from home when all of a sudden the darn mag. seal popped out causing the motor to rev high I pulled the choke in to try and kill the motor but only brought it back to a dull roar, stopped and shut it off. Replaced the mag seal then off to work for another 30min ride this bike gets no rest.
Def. agree with having a spare motor though its a must IMO when ya really gotta rely on'em especially if ya push'em hard.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:44 PM

wow breno at least you were close to home

last night while riding home all bundled up my face got frost bittin it was -11 in some parts of town and it felt like i should have worn another layer but i toughed it to and from work the bike seemed to run weak at wot but just fine till about 3/4 or 7/8 throttle

having a apare motor is great i used my dads as a spare to replace my first one when my bearings went out

Last edited by WildAlaskan; 01-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thine82 View Post
my bike is going slow.. at 15mph .. doesnt sound like a air leak.. could i hear it if it was? my clutch acts fine until it runs for a short bit and then when i go to pull the clutch lever in and lock it in place.. it then does not want to free wheel. but yes it free wheels at first.. any ideas? i know this might be off topic but i ride mine everyday and need it for work and yeah i ran it through a few snow banks today because i wanted to see how far i could make it through the twelve foot section that was cover by about three feet of snow..lmao.. made it through it. wonder if i should just get a new engine and rip this one apart and fix it just incase i need it for later or i could make it a really fast one.. lend me a hand guys.
I suggest either tightening up the cable adjustment to give less free play in the clutch cable. Do bear in mind that you still need a teensy bit of free play to avoid prematurely wearing out the release components.

Or..... Turning the flower nut out a notch or two to put less initial spring pressure on the clutch friction pads. Just don't get it too loose or else the clutch will slip under load.

Also, be sure that the release ball and clutch hub bearings are properly greased.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner