Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Your welcome.... just keep the rubber side down.

map
As always, my man!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:42 PM

I sent my brother to pick up my rear wheel from the bike shop after he dropped me off at work this morning. Got around to it around 6:30 this evening. It was a little bit of a pita getting everything back together. Have to take the hub apart, put the sprocket adapter and sprocket on, then service the hub and put it all back together, then of course put the tube and tire back on. Getting the tire to seat was the most tedious part. I started putting air it in twice and it wouldn't stay seated. Finally I figured to put a little air in at a time and squeeze the tire and push it onto the rim, and that worked. Put the wheel back on, put the chains on, etc. Centered the wheel and everything is solid again, so I'm extremely happy. It's very nice to have a solid wheel again, especially one that I laced myself. Even if I did have to have it trued at the bike shop. I took it for a test ride, and its nice and smooth again. The clutch doesn't even slip like it was before. So HAPPY!!!!! Lol.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:46 AM

Bit the bullet and pulled the fork assy. to fit meaningful compatible bearings and races. The stem needed replacing so I clipped one from a sidewalk scoot that uses 10" pneumatic tires. Knurled it so it would fit the triple-clamps and still had to use shims. (The Cerriani fork) In the process, a pinhole leak showed up on the saddle portion of my Hodaka tank. Tomorrow I solder and cover the area with graphite cloth and Sig model airplane epoxy. Now the fork won't wiggle rearward when I use the super good front brake.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:40 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I fixed the problem I had with the rear derailleur; the chain would seize and lose it's tension when I pedaled backwards.. turns out the chain was too long! Took me a while to figure it out until that I noticed it has master link (not original chain and someone made the mistake of putting it too long), now everything is great.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:52 PM

Soldered back together two of the three part faux oil tank (battery box). Now I only need to modify the mounting plate and weld it to the frame.

I also order the new front forks that I will use the legs from.
AMF Roadmaster
Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Found one for you dracothered
http://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/3964070632.html
Old 07-27-2013, 09:38 PM

...took my bike out for a nice long ride today after putting on a new set of wheels and skins that i got from Lynn at CustomMotoredBicycles. (i learned how to disassemble and reassemble a coaster brake hub in the process of swapping the rear wheel too, lol)

...topped 300 miles today as well and i must say, she really screams, i opened her up almost to WOT and hit 39.5mph, ...it cruises comfortably at 30 - 35 although i have to admit i do most of my riding at 25 - 30.

peace, bozo
Old 07-27-2013, 10:38 PM

Today I soldered the leaking Hodaka tank and got everything back together. Installed a pair of ell-shaped things with plastic pads on the rear caliper brake shoes. WHEE- NO MORE SQUAWKING. Totally silent braking. Still fighting the S-A shifter. Succeeded in breaking the shifter chain and losing the screw-on nipple on the street. Got the throttle action to work smoother and completely open the butterfly.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:51 PM

My Sunrace rear derailleur adaptors arrived. They convert dropouts using single speed or mult-speed internal hubs to use multi-speed cassettes.

It fit perfectly and slipped onto the rear dropout in a matter of seconds.

To be on the safe side, I'll replace the locking bolt with an allen bolt, lock washer and loktite it on.

For $1.53, it's an amazing bargain. I almost bought another brand for $22!

My bearing remover tool also arrived, so I'll install smaller ID axle bearings on my 26" front motorcycle wheel.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
Not sure what I would do with another one of these things.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner