Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:57 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

That right. There is no thread. But if I wanted to see what someone built what would I do???
Old 07-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Nice work on the trailer, Huffydavidson. The fifth wheel hitch looks like it'll work out well. You might need to rethink the exhaust on the bike now though, maybe angle it down or put a panel or something on the front of the trailer to reduce exhaust going through your stuff. Actually, the latter idea might be good anyway to reduce tire spray into the trailer.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 07-13-2013, 04:49 PM

I also want to say nice job on the trailer, great idea on using the caster for the swivel point, I had thought of the quick connect coupler but using the caster was a new idea for me, thanks for all the great pics, and again, you did an excellent job on that trailer, heck I like the whole bike for that matter, very clean well put together rig HuffyD.

The idea of using steel or alum. flashing to wrap exhaust joints rather than using the short lived silicone tubing is something I have also done, I actually put a dab of the high temp silicone on the pipe before I wrapped the alum. flashing around the pipe and clamped it for a better possible seal but I can attest to how well that works and its cheap and simple.

Nice Bike..!

Map
Old 07-13-2013, 06:07 PM

Made the switch from Royal Purple to Shell Rotella T engine oil today. As soon as I got home from work, I went to the basement and grabbed all my stuff for changing oil (makes it sound complicated lol). My gallon jug that I dump my waste oil into, my funnel, my measuring cup and a makeshift front wheel stand I made by duct taping an empty quart oil container to a 2x4. I have to prop my front wheel up to put oil in the bike, or the oil will just spill right out as I pour it in. Then I grabbed my socket wrench and pliers out of my tool bag that I keep in my one saddlebag. Undid the oil drain plug with the socket wrench, being careful not to get hot oil all over my fingers. Drained all the purple stuff, measured 12oz of Rotella, propped the front wheel up, then removed the dip stick by twisting it with the pliers. Replaced the drain plug, stuck the funnel in, and dumped the Rotella in. In a little while, got to drive to Walmart to pick up medicine and a few motorized bicycle supplies.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Question Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

carb problems ,with float and needle valve ,,the float was upside down,,,crazy ****,,,lololll any suggetions,,
Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Search "carb rebuild" for Norms thread. Good info!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Thanks guys, and map it's beer can not flashing . The best mods are FREE. Anyway today rode to hardware store for bag of POP rivets my stock was getting depleted . Came home got the gas can got gas, came back again and drop off the gas, back out to get stuff dinner.Ate like theres no tomorrow and login to the forum .

Last edited by Huffydavidson; 07-13-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Took the tensioner out of the equation. Now the pedal chain is a bit loose. Might try going up a tooth on the cog and see if it comes back into adjustment.
It's as hot as balls here, but I want to work on stripping the nylon panels on the bike trailer since my wife has offered to sew up a new set out of canvas. She thinks it looks strange to have a flat black bike tow around a rainbow colored trailer that could be seen from space.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 PM

Went to Lowe's after work and got a replacement bolt, flat washer and lock washer for my kickstand. I had gotten a new lock washer for it a week or two ago, but it turned out to be a tad large and the darn thing still came loose. So I was going to get the proper size, and undid the bolt and noticed that it wasn't quite straight. So, new bolt and washers. Hopefully it holds up now.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
Went to Lowe's after work and got a replacement bolt, flat washer and lock washer for my kickstand. I had gotten a new lock washer for it a week or two ago, but it turned out to be a tad large and the darn thing still came loose. So I was going to get the proper size, and undid the bolt and noticed that it wasn't quite straight. So, new bolt and washers. Hopefully it holds up now.
Blue loctite or a lock nut........ ( the cure )

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner