Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
...However, I made a minor discovery this evening. A used toothbrush is an excellent grease packer for the bearings and cones!! I almost felt guilty in how clean my fingers remained after the procedure......almost. The toothbrush is a great way to dip into your grease cartridge (yeah, I'm too cheap to have a tub of grease and the cartridge for the grease gun). It also helps to evenly distribute the grease!!...
A toothbrush is a good method indeed and the typical grease guns are really just too big for our bikes anyway, but I thought I'd mention a handy-dandy lil dealie I use all the time for this kinda thing as it really helps keep everything clean including the grease itself, don't need to stick it in a bag or even clean it when yer done and talk about precision application lol;

It's nothing but an epoxy syringe, cheap & reusable;

http://www.amazon.com/West-System-Ap.../dp/B0006JJ9VG
Old 07-06-2013, 03:25 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Went to take the movie back to Redbox and stumbled up on one of those jogging strollers somebody put out to the curb. Man whata sweet find. 16"x1.75" wheels on a light weight frame just perfect for my shopping cart trailer build project. So Bungie the handle to my luggage rack on blue and back home I went . So I got the movie back and then I went to Home Depot to get some fittings for the hitch . When it is 100 percent complete I'll show you guys. It'll be thread time.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
Went to take the movie back to Redbox and stumbled up on one of those jogging strollers somebody put out to the curb. Man whata sweet find. 16"x1.75" wheels on a light weight frame just perfect for my shopping cart trailer build project. So Bungie the handle to my luggage rack on blue and back home I went . So I got the movie back and then I went to Home Depot to get some fittings for the hitch . When it is 100 percent complete I'll show you guys. It'll be thread time.

Thank you for supporting my employer!!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:33 AM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

Don't see how it was a free code. LMAO
Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 AM

Huffy,you ever heard the saying,"If you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all"?

He was talking about home depot,where he works. I know you can't type the english language,can you not understand it either?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
A toothbrush is a good method indeed and the typical grease guns are really just too big for our bikes anyway, but I thought I'd mention a handy-dandy lil dealie I use all the time for this kinda thing as it really helps keep everything clean including the grease itself, don't need to stick it in a bag or even clean it when yer done and talk about precision application lol;

That is cool! I have an artist's paint brush in a bag with a tube of grease. PITB, big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

This morning I'm back to work on the "Trailer Build".
Old 07-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post

Good idea. I've used a small ziploc type bag to apply grease a few times. Wadded a couple of scoops of grease into the bottom corner of the bag then cut the corner off and used like a pastry chef's piping bag. The epoxy syringe looks like it'll be cleaner, and much easier to store.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 PM

Cleaned my primary and secondary drive chains and re-lubed with "white lightning easy lube" dry wax film chain lube, bought it at kmart for like $5. Had a gift card and decided to give it a try. Been lubing my chains with waste engine oil, but figured the wax lube would be cleaner and easier. But the white lightning is $5 a bottle, so I may look for something cheaper or bigger quantity that comes in a spray can, like garage door lube or something. I also sprayed some 3-in-1 on my clutch bushing. First time doing that since I built the bike. Gonna pick up some brake cleaner to clean my clutch drum and shoes maybe tomorrow or something.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffydavidson View Post
Sounds Kewl man cant wait to see the finished product.
Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner