Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode my bike to work today. It was cloudy where I left home. By the time I reached work, the roads were wet, but it had stopped raining already. Schwalbe Big Apple tires never slipped.

I had flushed out my chasinring freewheel, but couldn't find my SBP oil. Sooo, I tried to push grease thru the freewheel's cracks. Don't know for sure if I got much grease in there, but the freewheel wasn't protesting.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
Rode my bike to work today. It was cloudy where I left home. By the time I reached work, the roads were wet, but it had stopped raining already. Schwalbe Big Apple tires never slipped.

I had flushed out my chasinring freewheel, but couldn't find my SBP oil. Sooo, I tried to push grease thru the freewheel's cracks. Don't know for sure if I got much grease in there, but the freewheel wasn't protesting.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LMVBU6/...SIN=B009LMVBU6

Product Description
BIG REDTM - FPPS Multi-Purpose Red Grease BIG RED is a highly efficient lubricant in an easy to use spray can. This product sprays out as a thin, penetrating liquid and sets as a thick, red grease. The grease withstands temperatures to 500F and resists "throw-off" from moving parts. Included in the formula are additives for antirust, antiwear, oxidation and for water and acid resistance.

An idea...........?

stuff works great for getting into tight gaps that need to be greased.

map
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM

Thanks, mapbike
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 PM

Today I noticed a lot of dirt and oil on the rear of my motor mount where the governor holes had been left unplugged after the previous owner removed it. Thought to myself that this could be the reason that my oil needs replaced so often (every couple of weeks). So I rode to home depot and got two of the shortest M6x1.0 cap screws they had and used them to plug up the holes. We'll see in a couple weeks if there is any difference or not. Either way, should keep my motor mount from collecting so much oil and dirt.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 AM

The rear rack holding my gas tank broke @ its mounts.

The bridle being held by a 10-foot tow rope still held. After removing the broken parts, I roped the rack to the seat post and rode 6 miles home.

Will replace rack on Saturday.

Update:

Replaced the broken rack with exact same model.
Decided to camouflage my tank, so I slit the bottom of an old gymn bag, slipped it over the tank and voila!

Old man with gymn bag, riding a bicycle.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 06-22-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM

Been thinking what would happen if I fell off my bike and my finger(s) got caught between my exposed chainring sprocket and chain.

Amputation.

So I "E-bought" a 9" X 12" aluminum plate, 1/8" thick for $12 shipped.

Should be a simple task to fab a chainguard.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:43 PM

On my way home from work, my throttle sort of came apart at the carb (4 stroke minibike engine with external throttle linkage). What it is is the carb has a twist throttle slide, and the plastic part on top that I attach my throttle linkage to came off. The engine shut off, and once I figured out what happened, re-attached it and drove the rest of the way home. When I got home, decided to make sure it wont happen again. Drilled a small hole through the plastic and the metal part it attaches to, then pushed part of a paper clip through and bent the ends so it doesn't slide out. Voila! throttle linkage permanently attached. Was a little worried about this happening anyway, and since it did it gave me an excuse to do a preventative repair. Now it won't happen again.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

looked longingly at my bike since I'm not allowed to ride for a while. *sighs*
Old 06-21-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
On my way home from work, my throttle sort of came apart at the carb (4 stroke minibike engine with external throttle linkage). What it is is the carb has a twist throttle slide, and the plastic part on top that I attach my throttle linkage to came off. The engine shut off, and once I figured out what happened, re-attached it and drove the rest of the way home. When I got home, decided to make sure it wont happen again. Drilled a small hole through the plastic and the metal part it attaches to, then pushed part of a paper clip through and bent the ends so it doesn't slide out. Voila! throttle linkage permanently attached. Was a little worried about this happening anyway, and since it did it gave me an excuse to do a preventative repair. Now it won't happen again.
So you wire-wrapped that sucker, yes?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:34 PM

More like a makeshift cotter pin.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner