Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crassius View Post
I've found that swedging those pins can often leave you with a stiff link - same for welding?

I'd miss having an easy way to pop the chain to fix a flat.
I don't use any pressure when re-assembling the links so they are nice and free when finished.
As far as changing flats, the security of no masterlink outweighs the inconvenience when removing the rim to me.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Scored a nice canvas bag for holding small bouncy stuff in the basket on The Pig. Less than $10bucks at a yard sale and fits like it was custom made.

Immediately wasted yard sale savings on a can of silicone spray to waterproof the new bag.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

A 20-minute amusement ride thru 6 miles in congested traffic got me to work. Before day's end, the sky emptied and roads were totally drenched. I fought the urge to have my wife pick me up at work and leave "My Precious". I had to test her worth in worst road conditions. The bike performed flawlessly. The roads dried out at the half point, so normal cruising speed was resumed. When I got home, all I needed to do was wipe the bike down and relube the chains.

What a ride!

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 05-30-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac57 View Post
I don't use any pressure when re-assembling the links so they are nice and free when finished.
As far as changing flats, the security of no masterlink outweighs the inconvenience when removing the rim to me.
back in the 70s, master link clips weren't allowed on the drag strip so we used a double winding of safety wire in the groove of the pin of the master link and left a 1/4 inch of tail on it so we could get it off easily - still do that once in a while when clip breaks
Old 05-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crassius View Post
back in the 70s, master link clips weren't allowed on the drag strip so we used a double winding of safety wire in the groove of the pin of the master link and left a 1/4 inch of tail on it so we could get it off easily - still do that once in a while when clip breaks
Good to know when in a pinch....three important things to carry,,duck tape,,wire,and a big hammer!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM

I got pulled over by a female cop, on the way to work.

I'm sure it's odd seeing a senior citizen in full protective gear and motorcycle helmet pedalling furiously up a steep hill @ 25mph.

She said she knew it was prolly illegal, but she'd let me go. The cop also said she was VERY impressed with the bike's performance, asked if it was gas engined. I told her I was enroute to work @ Child Protective Services. She let me go.

What surprised me was that throughout the encounter, she had the biggest smile I've ever seen on a cop.

Lol, too bad I'm old enough to be her grandfather.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post

I'm sure it's odd seeing a senior citizen in full protective gear and motorcycle helmet pedalling furiously up a steep hill @ 25mph.

She said she knew it was prolly illegal, but she'd let me go. The cop also said she was VERY impressed with the bike's performance, asked if it was gas engined. I told her I was enroute to work @ Child Protective Services. She let me go.

What surprised me was that throughout the encounter, she had the biggest smile I've ever seen on a cop.

Hahaha,,thats funny,,I thought you where gonna say she had the biggest you know whats,,LOL,,anytime I see a cop i always back it WAY down and start to pedal,,they have not bothered me yet,,and if they do Ill just ride over in PA,,I see a bunch of motorized bicycle there all the time rippin around

Good Times....

Tom
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM

I've never had issues with cops. My bike is LOUD LOUD, so sometimes I'll let off the gas a bit so it's not as noisy. But they usually just waive and smile
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post

Good story... Some female cops can be cool if treated the right way.... Well I guess any female is good when treated good....lol
Old 05-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Yes, I treat all cops with great respect. They go beyond the call protecting us. Besides, I don't ever want to be manhandled.

And sometimes they let you go with a warning, if you behave yourself.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner