Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by survive1990 View Post
are you able to pull 30 0r 35 mph on your cns??

I'm still in the 'break in period' for mine........the best indicated speed so far is 29.5 mph. With that being said, the computer blanks out after that. Found that the vibration is keeping it from contacting the the two pins. I zip tied it down last night, but haven't tried it yet.

The engine seems to get stronger on each run.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 PM

xseler try some rubber chunks off an old bicycle tube wrap it around the handle bars then zip tie the base on with the rubber under it.
it stopped mine from doing the exact same thing

I also used some bike tube around my top frame bar then mounted my gas tank onto it it. It keeps the tanks from moving at ll or you could use duct tape inside out that works well also lots a red thread loc.
As a matter of fact I think I have rubber tire tube under every single part that bolts to the bike now that I think about it LOL and I keep some extra in my possibles bag
Old 05-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
i added some brown fat frank tires to my electric motorized bicycle. can't wait to make the battery bag in leather to match the seat, grips and tires
not sure if you did it on purpose but that bikes design goes perfect fit with the landscape !
Old 05-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Wad having a good ride to post on Fort Hood, TX yesterday and all of a sudden i lose power and it kills. My carburetor sleeve that attaches to the engines intake port CRACKED! Trying to tighten the screw and nut that clamps it around the plastic piece wouldn't do anything to help. LUCKILY I carry zip ties in my back pack of tools when I ride.
Zip tied that sleeve around the port and kept on riding. Now I'm in the market for a new carburetor....CNS high performance...any recommendations??...and cylinder 66/80cc. The cylinder will be helicoiled before the first ride. This is the second time I've lost a cylinder to stripped threads. I'm gonna be outta commission for a about a week.
I can never get away with a good ride and come back without having something else to fix. I think my chopper just wants me to spend more time with it lol

{~If at first you fall off just hit your ResetBTTN~}
Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 PM

I leak checked and put the tank back on the cruiser today. Threw a little juice in, and fired it up. And then it started raining. Taking it out for a ride will have to wait 'til later.

Here's a quick vid from the handlebars (managed to get the camera to cooperate for a minute). It's a bit shaky. Motor starts at about 0:15, I fiddle with the choke at about 0:31-0:40 and head up to the top of the lane.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
$50 Cruiser

Parked it and drove a golf cart- on my way back out now!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:03 PM

Put a 26mm kentse carb on my 212cc whizzer ambassador.... Spent some time adjusting etc...its good now!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 PM

Took my junk outa my storage and moved more stuff from home to storage. Today I'll store more bike parts. While there, my Trek w/Mits/NuVinci called to me. I'd purchased it in 2011 for $200 complete w/rear flat. After replacing both tires & tubes, I placed it in storage. It's time to get this bike ready as my back-up commuter vehicle.

Update: The storage facility was closed today, so I decided to work on another project commuter w/ 4.5hp CY460 engine. As expected, installing the bottom bracket, crank and pedals dictates engine midframe placement. Surprisingly, it might fit better than Scooterguy mounts. The tranny's 11t and chainring align with the 206mm BB, which is way out there.

More later.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 05-27-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 PM

Bought, cut & side gapped 3 spark plugs (.030 for now) to replace the dull factory radial 3-prong it came with. NGK BP5HS, BP6HS, & BP7HS, 3 heat ranges. I'm gonna 'experiment' with them, regapping and swapping out till I find my sweet spot.

I also ordered micro drills to alter the jetting, should be here by Thursday. I'm gonna tune this thing up
Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Had to tighten the screws for the clutch cover-

I was coming back from my usual coffee/grocery run of 6 ,iles or so round trip,
and about half a mile from home, the clutch got screwy-

the handle felt mushy and didn't want to disengage and the motor wouldn't kill then-

since I was close, I just came on in under motor, I had reached down to see if the cable had come loose at the motor and that seemed tight-
then I noticed the crank was hitting the motor very slightly just as I got back
had the motor shifted to the side? That had happened before.

as soon as I got off and looked at it the problem was obvious

and an easy fix- the screws on the clutch cover had come loose and it was moving around a bit-

tightened them up, and that was that.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner