Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFIZbCLUwu8
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1807 View Post
Hey guys, my chain is rubbing on my tire and i don't know how to fix it. I do not want to buy a skinnier tire but hoping there was another way. it is a cruiser bike
depends some on the geometry of your frame, but sometimes you can dish your wheel off to the right, then space your axle with washers back to the left till the chain clears - dishing the wheel moves the tire away from the chain, then shifting the axle moves the tire back to center of frame
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, my chain is rubbing on my tire and i don't know how to fix it. I do not want to buy a skinnier tire but hoping there was another way. it is a cruiser bike
First (easiest), make sure you centered the wheel in the frame when you put it back in the chainstays. While tightening the axle nuts (or quick-release, if that's the case) the wheel loves to go off center, so watch for that.

Second, take a look at the drive sprocket on the wheel. The teeth on the drive sprocket are often dished to one side of center. If yours are, and that dish is to the inside, flip it over and see how that works.

Third, make sure your motor is mounted tightly and it's sprocket is as vertical as possible.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 PM

• I put some gas in the tank I patched yesterday today to see if the leak was plugged, but eventually it dripped.
  • Swished out and emptied the tank (strained back into the can, got rid of the flecks of crap from the tank), then swished it out with rubbing alcohol to clear the residue.
  • Cleaned off the tank repair epoxy, cleaned the area thoroughly with dremel wire brushes and wiped off with rubbing alcohol to clean off any residue.
  • Mixed up a fresh chunk of the epoxy and worked it into place again. I probably didn't discard enough from the open end of the epoxy stick last time to get to the good stuff. The bit I worked with today was more pliable to start with, yesterdays chunk had to be worked for a lot longer to be useful. It'd be nice if that stuff didn't look and smell like something from the cat's box, though.
So, waiting for epoxy to set again before I can do much more with it.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
$50 Cruiser

Quote:
Welcome to my life man...
Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Welcome to my life man...
Hahaha,,i hear that,,think all my chains hit my tire a little,,especially on the cruiser,,as long as its not rubbing hard I wouldn't worry about it,,the white wall on my cranbrook gets black after a ride,,i just clean it off with Awesome when i get back,,the tire does not looked to be chaffed or anything so i run it!

If your sprockets are aligned straight,,wont flipping the sprocket over so the dish is out change the alignment a bit?

Good times...

Tom

Last edited by 577-Jersey; 05-15-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Changed fuel line, filter and sanded off the squish ring on cyl head hoping for more compression punch in the low end. Not any noticeable diff. Maybe I'll try some higher octane next fill up.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 PM

I put gas in the patched tank and set it aside. No signs of wetness after a couple of hours sitting, so I think it's good. Spent the waiting time making a couple of road bike wrecks that weren't worth motorizing ready for CL. Got 'em both out of the garage and got $70 for 'em. Not bad, they were both free (to me). I didn't even have to patch the tires, just inflated them.

-=-

Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM

I got a set of Avid 20R Performance brake pads and a Schwinn Traveler helmet for her operator --- the dude on the packaging looked like he was happy wearing this helmet, so I guess that I'm golden!!

Last edited by xseler; 05-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Took it for a spin today after a few minor upgrades.
Wrapped the new exhaust from pedalchopper.com with heat wrapping after installing it.
Added some mini handcuffs hanging from the handlebar. That looks awesome if I may say so myself.
Added a brake light/turn signal combo. It has a horn also but that thing won't be getting any play.

Check out my album for some of todays pictures.

{~If at first you fall off just hit your ResetBTTN~}

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner