Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM
$50 Cruiser

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS+RIDEZ View Post
Today take the bikes for a spin,GT5 ran without difficulties came without the chain cover screw, then whizzer ran good but when I go 35-38 miles seems as if the carb runs out of gas because it stops accelerating,then I stop to accelerate and re-accelerate again and does the same at 35-38 miles,what could it be ,thanks in advance.
Maybe you should start a thread for that... You need better advice than I can give you. There's probably already something about this if you try the Google Custom Search near the top of the screen.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Mixin up a gallon of fuel with 3 oz.of valvoline 2 cycle oil and 1 oz. of castor,,then Im going riding,,15 miles up the river....

Good times...
Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Maybe you should start a thread for that... You need better advice than I can give you. There's probably already something about this if you try the Google Custom Search near the top of the screen.
Thank's Trey already did in the whizzer area.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:17 PM

Replaced the lock. The old bracket just split.

Then I put 45 lbs in the tires and went for the first ride of the year. Everything worked great. Then I passed some electrons through the battery and I'm ready to rock!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM

It was a wonderful albeit short ride to and from McD's this morning. I decided not to "suit up" with my chest protector, knee/shin guards, backpack w/tools and elbow/forearm guards, using only motorcycle helmet, dirt bike gloves and boots. Wife followed me down there. She said a lot of passing cars were checking me out. The Tanaka's pullstart jammed a few times, so I'll remove and inspect for reasons why it did that. Also prepping it for tomorrow's commute to work, 6 miles each way.

I can't wait for sunrise!

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 05-12-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadmund View Post
I did some stuff too that I wrote on another post, cleaned up the wire connectors with sandpaper and re-gapped my spark plug to 0.762mm the thickness approx. of a Canadian dime (0.030") hoping to find my own issues through the process of elimination, but alas, liketh thou, it raineth today, and more tomorrow.

Bleh!
Today is a nice day, will try to take her out, get a fresh tank-o-gas and report my results, if no improvement, next move will be to replace the plug wire, then, the CDI if that don't.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM

Ended up doing a minor tuneup on my bike. Changed sparkplug, wiped down both chains and used chain lube, added lube to chainring freewheel. Just need to gas and go to work in about an hour.

Five minutes to sunrise!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=bigbutterbean;480060]Wanted to insulate my exhaust pipe because it burned a hole in my pants leg the other day. So I go to Auto Zone, the only exhaust wrap they have is a 20ft roll for $50. Way too much.

Last week I had to buy a roll for my wifes car her flex pipe developed a hole "How dare that curb get in her way" well I bought this stuff they use on motorcycle headers from Advanced Auto called "DEI Header Wrap" or you can simply ask for Item # 010121 Its the same number in every Advanced Auto store "kinda nice touch if you ask me My NGK plug is Item # 5111 Any way the wrap is a 15 foot roll for 15 dollars I did her exhaust and had plenty leftover for my pipe I haven't done my pipe yet but I did dry fit it . The stuff is made of titanium dust and fiberglass very heavy and sound deadening It worked wonders on her exhaust .
Old 05-14-2013, 01:15 PM

My bike runs very well now, ever since I added more space between chainrings and reversed their mounting bolts. The nuts are now facing outward, the bolts' heads are flatter. In case the chain jumps off, there's less chance of it jamming between bottom bracket and the flatter headbolts. I don't use my Jump-Stop plate anymore.
Yesterday morning, the roads were wet from the pre-dawn drizzling. I made it a point to ride cautiously w/no sharp turns, especially on the painted road surface. The roads were dry after work, so it was another pleasant 25-minute amusement ride home.

I'm low on gas. Usually I use 87 octane, but I'll try 91 octane w/Opti-2 this time.

The Tanaka 47R engine starts much easier with the new sparkplug.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM

Sweet deal!!

Took out the luckyearlybird china girl for its second(break in) voyage of 20+miles,,I dropped the needle one notch lower and she is running so sweet makes me want to keep this one also...lol..cruises perfect at 20-25,,will go 30 mph flat out but its wound up tight there,,these LY kits are so snotty a 36 tooth sprocket would go close to 40 mph I bet

Good times...

Tom

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner