Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

nice bro - never heard of that motor - i guess you learn something new everyday - sounds like you have a 4 smoker that acts more like a 2 smoker. I can't get up any hill unless i have good momentum and have the motor spinning really fast. But like i said i run a 36t. Great for high speed flats and no bueno for hills - lol
Old 01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

This is my results of 2 builds in 2 weeks. Rode em both this afternoon.

The Slanthead is a hillclimber, or good city commuter that easily pulls away from standstill without help. Maxes out about a bone rattling 35mph with the 41t.

The Sunn with the HS/chainbox is a highway cruiser. Needs pedal assist to start. Clutch don;t engage good till about 15 mph low throttle or 20mph hard throttle.

Getting bout 42 mph at about 7000 rpm. Has trouble with steep hills though.

Very quiet and smooth at all speeds.

Real smooth effortless cruise at 30-35 mph .

DSC_1403.JPG
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Gutter Rider

That chrome one sure is good looking!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Chat Box Junkie

Both are beautiful.....I have Bike Envy now.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicboy View Post
nice bro - never heard of that motor - i guess you learn something new everyday - sounds like you have a 4 smoker that acts more like a 2 smoker. I can't get up any hill unless i have good momentum and have the motor spinning really fast. But like i said i run a 36t. Great for high speed flats and no bueno for hills - lol
I had a rarity on the old Tempus: a 38T. That, with a slightly tuned up engine, and I could actually do small hills at WOT. Steep grades were still pedal terrritory (or I'd dismount and walk, depending). I think it was from Pirate Cycles that I got it.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 AM

wow that chrome cruiser is nice very nice - i can't seem to get my head around those lame gas tanks - something must be done -
Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 AM

I agree that the Chrome Bike is shinny!!! Good looking MB!
I have the same Chrome engine kit, but with a chrome tank. That engine is on my first build. It is not a speed deamon, 30 mph, but it does climb hills like a champ. This coming from a 240 lb operator.
I want to build my OCC chopper, but I will only buy a Chrome engine to put on it. I wish there were engine high temp chrome paint out there.

What did I do to my motorized bicycle today?
I pulled the rear wheel, and tightend the cone bearings, and then used GooGone to remove all the finger prints from the white walls. I also shortend the drive chain by one link to make it easier to adjust the tensioner.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicboy View Post
wow that chrome cruiser is nice very nice - i can't seem to get my head around those lame gas tanks - something must be done -
I hear ya about the tanks! I used some of that chrome door edge protector stuff from AutoZone, on the Sunn cruiser tank,great improvement over that ugly sharp edged seam.

My Chrome tank for the Micargi soiuld be delivered today. I'll use the chrome trim tape on it too. Pics to come soon.

Wayne Z
Old 01-03-2011, 05:38 PM

Changed to upgraded front brake pads. I should be stopping on a dime now. Maybe I should go find out. Just another excuse to go out for a ride huh?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

This weekend I mounted up my Schwinn style springer... I'm not sure if I have it right though, I think I may need to fab up a spacer since the part the spring bolt threads into does not sit flat on the lock washer. I searched and searched with no luck for a close up picture of a properly installed one... can anybody like me to one?

Also spent time on painting my headlight and searching for a LED bulb array for it. And some time on derusting my seat hardware.

Oh yea, I may have wasted a set of handle bars intending to make a layback seatpost. I cut them in half and then realized the tube diameter was too big for the Columbia.

The old man always told me to measure before you cut... guess he was right.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner