Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 577-Jersey View Post
Good thing about this tow path is the cops cant get to it very easy,,there is a canal between the road and the path and miles before an entry way,,guess they could wait for me at the end,,by then I would be back to my truck so no pedaling...lol..I do most of my riding over in PA.its right across the bridge from me..they seem alot cooler over there,,I have not had any problem with the cops around here yet,,but I just creep around 18-20 MPH and obey all the traffic rules.I really enjoy riding at night also,,feels like your going so much faster in the dark
This path is patrolled by bike cops every once in a while. Granted, that's not to say I can't out run them, of course. Shoot, I could prolly out run 'em on my '68, not like I would.

I've ridden my mtn bike at night a little bit, it's kinda weird when you're used to riding with sunglasses. lol
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 PM

After adding the front brakes to mine, I can say with certainty that "front brakes are a lot better!"
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseler View Post
After adding the front brakes to mine, I can say with certainty that "front brakes are a lot better!"
Front brakes on any 2 wheeled vehical are over 75% of your total stopping power
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 577-Jersey View Post
Front brakes on any 2 wheeled vehical are over 75% of your total stopping power
Yeppers.

Get a rear hand brake too and some decent pads and watch your stopping distance decrease even more.

I still need to get good pads..lol
Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 AM

I have a Worksman front drum brake, and I very rarely use my coaster brake. And this is on a 98cc cruiser. The trick to a drum brake is getting a lever with enough pull. My lever is off an old scooter or moped and made out of aluminum, so I was able to carefully bend it with a seatpost and its got great pull now. I can pull it softly and roll to a stop, or pull it harder and stop on a dime. And the wheel doesn't lock either. The bike is heavy enough that its stable, even when I pull the lever hard.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 AM

Beefed up my foot pegs on my no pedals anymore DIY Briggs Dirt Bike / Fish Art Motor Bike.

The MIG welder I turned the CFH flow from 17 to 27 and what a difference. I saw a nice sort of wind flame molten puddle form nice ridges as I zig zagged the feed across the parts. AR 75 CO2 25 works way better at that rate, so I used the cylinder up a bit faster.

Training wheels for when I go slow with the parade fish cover, they will keep it from tipping over. There will be no need to try to put center stand down as I would be too confined with the cover on anyway. I'll have a door to open before I bring one leg over the banana seat and plant both feed ready to exit to let the fish cool off. Hunting for krill in a 15,000 year old dry lake bed 8,000 ft above sea level is hard work!

MT
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 AM

Finally got around to finishing the work I wanted to get to over the winter. New Worksman clincher wheels and new tubes. Cleaned it up a little. Taking the maiden voyage of 2013 tonight to check everything out before I start using it as a DD for work on nice days.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
This path is patrolled by bike cops every once in a while. Granted, that's not to say I can't out run them, of course. Shoot, I could prolly out run 'em on my '68, not like I would.

I've ridden my mtn bike at night a little bit, it's kinda weird when you're used to riding with sunglasses. lol
You can't out run the radio, though.... I stay off the nicely paved 'bike paths' around here for the most part, and usually kill the motor for the short stretches I do use. I haven't tripped over a cop for a while, but as long as I cut the throttle back and ride sanely past them they just smile and wave. Then I wait a half block or so before opening up the throttle again.

Today I'm planning some tinkering, then a ride or two. Yesterday I took the new bike out for a little 16 km/10 mile round trip to the coffee shop and back. It handled it well, I'm happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Trip Out.jpg (251.1 KB, 35 views)

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
You can't out run the radio, though.... I stay off the nicely paved 'bike paths' around here for the most part, and usually kill the motor for the short stretches I do use. I haven't tripped over a cop for a while, but as long as I cut the throttle back and ride sanely past them they just smile and wave. Then I wait a half block or so before opening up the throttle again.

Today I'm planning some tinkering, then a ride or two. Yesterday I took the new bike out for a little 16 km/10 mile round trip to the coffee shop and back. It handled it well, I'm happy with it.
That's the truth.

I have a feeling that someone would stop me even if I just basically let it idle down the bike path.

People in my city are just jerks like that. Or I could get swarmed by folks interested in it. :S
Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

First I filled it with gas 'cause I ran out on my way to get some and had to pedal
Then I put the chain back on after it slipped off. Thankfully I had some tools with me.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner