Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

"Tuesday is Ch. Fr. Steak special. Yum! Everyone else in the house is on a diet. hahahha."

LOL Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 PM

Fixed my motor mounts today. I have a skinny frame, and the motor mounts that were given to me (4 stroke) were made for a fat frame. I had made some shims out of folded pieces of sheet metal (dumb idea) and they became very loose to the point that my motor was vibrating violently in the frame. I made new shims by cutting some tubing off an aluminum frame that had already previously been cut on, and the new shims are working much better. The motor is mounted solid again, and I can feel the difference in the ride. So much better.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Put on a new exhaust (new to me) because my original one had a hole from the cranks rubbing while peddling. Bent this one so no more rubbing. And I got a new clutch lever. After everything was installed I let my bike idle and next thing you know there was a little bit of white smoke coming out by the head gasket. Lookin like a little more work for today.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Finally removed my stock handlebars from my Schwinn '95 Clear Creek MTB. I was getting tired of leaning over all the time with the straight bar style. Got some nice cruiser style bars but didn't factor in the differences. I need longer cables and new cable housing with end caps. The cruiser bars give the bike an entire new look. Soon I will be giving my neck and back a rest.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Nothing, Nothing at all today! Once i get off my but ill be attaching my throttle and cut off switch to my handlebars. Then i need to refab a piece that will attack my spindal to my flywheel. The gentleman i got to drill the holes in my washes did a piss poor job and they are not centered >.> I told the man they were $1.50 a piece and a 20 min drive away. Yet he still f***ed them up pretty bad. So another trip to ace hardware it is!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I plan on removing my cylinder and making the crankcase ready to recieve the new cylinder. I posted this pic in an earlier post on another thread. I found the right cylinder..66/80cc..and parts plus gaskets are on the way.
I hate seeing my ride wounded.

Original post
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46555

{~If at first you fall off just hit your ResetBTTN~}
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Super Skilled Master Newb

Pulled my rear wheel off...again to tighten the coaster hub. Came loose to a wobble and sprocket bolts grabbed the brake support and bent it up, glad I have a spare!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Got my new cruiser handlebars set up with everything in a nice position for easy access and better cable management. The cables look a little rough... but it's better than it was. Trust me

Took it out for a spin today and it is like a dream. Leaning into the old bars would force all of the front wheel bumps straight to my shoulders, back, and neck. Now I can sit back and relax my back/butt on the seat suspension. It's like a dream.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:36 PM

double checked my head bolts, filed my exhaust flange flat (wasn't sealing), re-centered both wheels, checked my oil, put a little air in my tires, and put some loctite on the bolts holding my pull start cover and the set screws on my luggage rack.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I'm gonna install a front caliper brake and a speedometer in just a bit.

No matter what product I have, I always seem to be 'modding' it in some fashion!!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner