Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:00 PM
$50 Cruiser

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode 1 1/2 mi to the grocery store today. Lost the extention that was attatched to the extendable kick stand. Wasn't tight. Need one that goes under the rear wheel- both sides. Sigh...
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Yesterday I oiled up the chains on both bikes and we went for a quick cruise.. Today I cleaned all the rims with degreaser just to catch any little specs and splatters so the brakes will grab more easily. Also applied (probably) the last coat of clear coat to some parts and hung them back up to dry.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM

Took my sidecar rig for its first test run today. Stopped at a country store to get some gas. The lady asked how much gas I wanted, when I told her 2 dollars, She looked out the window to see what I was driving. Then she asked if I was driving the old bicycle with the sidecar and everone in there had to go look at it. What a rush.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Gutter Rider

Cold weather here stopped bumming me out. Put in new bearings on my rear hub . 10,000 miles on that hub. Had some month old gas . Got clocked going 50 mph down one of the BLVDs on that old gas.

My 10,000 plus old Morini engine is running like a champ

Old 02-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymc2286 View Post
Took my sidecar rig for its first test run today. Stopped at a country store to get some gas. The lady asked how much gas I wanted, when I told her 2 dollars, She looked out the window to see what I was driving. Then she asked if I was driving the old bicycle with the sidecar and everone in there had to go look at it. What a rush.
LOL Jimmy. Really is fun to see people's reactions.

First time up my way that gas hit $4 a gallon, I liked to ride up to the pump, preferably opposite a SUV or any large vehicle and loudly complain that I had "put a dollar in just last week"

Then buzz by the folks waiting for the bus outside the DMV. (The group "W" bench for folks who could not get their licence back)

wut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 AM

I think the only time I actually put gas directly in a past motor bikes gas tank at the gas station was one time. All the others time, I just filled up at home or on my trip got the quart from under the banana seat taped there and fill it from that.

That one time at the gas station the guy was wary of something, or it was near the shift change or something, because he just was not going to turn on the pump for me.

He said just empty the hoses. I asked are the handles locked and he said no, go ahead. Less than two hoses and I was filled up. If I had a funnel I could have filled the spare under the banana seat too. There had to be at least 6 pumps at the station.

Yea, I saw the price of gas jump and got it a few cents under 4 bucks a gallon today and whats next.

Thinking back when I was near the east coast and saw gas at 25 cents a gallon. But that was near the refineries was back when. I even got to see the oil tanker the Manhattan which was also an ice breaker that first did the North West Passage back then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Manhattan_%281962%29

Check out the wiki on the Ice Breaker!

I'll be getting back to welding up the bracket soon for an idler pulley on the first of three belts, twin stack jack-shafts, 6 pulleys (if you count the belt clutch), that gives me the 40:1 ratio over all on the Fish Motor Bike. Its a slow mover and probably not too good on gas. Parade speeds under 5mph and also a kick aaa dirt bike hill climber when I fillet.

MT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS_Manhattan_(1962).jpg (48.4 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 02-13-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Made head studs from threaded rod, torqued in, and actually seat better than the stock studs...and the rod has a torque rating of 125,000psi...a bit more than needed but super sturdy...check the heads and cylinders section...oh yea, I also rode it hard for a few minutes before I froze...17 last night...
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
did some work on the 24" bicycle.

swapped the 6 speed cluster for my 7 speed mega drive (one with 34t 1st gear)
did some mesuring as well and found i'll need to get a z offset intake for the carb to clear the frame. Will need to hammer a bit at the down tube since it's too big for the motor mount to fit over.
Skarrd, If ya haven't beat up yer tube yet, STOP NOW. They make any size u-bolt you could think of that will fit around your down tube. After that it's only a plate with four holes in it. (2 for the motor, 2 for the u-bolt.) If you can't buy the right size it's real easy to just make your own mount with stuff from yer local hardware store and a drill. I've seen some folks try to beat a frame into submission like that and it looks like crap and could weaken the frame. It's your bike, build it your way. But I don't recommend beating up your frame to do it.
AND Dan, How many people do you think got the Arlo "Group W bench" reference?

Heres a link for a double U-bolt setup. A single U-bolt will work too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160946810864...84.m1423.l2648

Last edited by fatdaddy; 02-14-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: U-bolt link
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Staff

LOL FD. Was wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0a6iWHSWbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Yeah Dan, Was gonna post a link to the song but it uses the "F" word for Gay and I didn't think it would be PC. The short version you posted works great. VERY FUNNY.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner