Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Got my PM electric motor that I will use as a generator today and did a simple test to see how much voltage it will put out. I did this with a cordless drill I have that doesn't spin that fast, maybe it was going 600 rpm's. The digital volt meter measured around 2.3 to 2.7 volts DC. I will have to hook it up to my drill press and see what it does at the different rpm settings.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
You made all that sound like fun. Wish I had time to get my other two bikes in order. Right now I'm doing a head gasket on my car.
fatdaddy.
It actually was fun, lol. Good luck with the head gasket.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM

Ive been struggling with making a lighting system for my bike...I've abandoned the tin can headlight I slapped together...i made a ridiculous headlight from an old 6 volt flashlight that is completely waterproof...i modified the reflector to accept a different bulb base...its absolutely ridiculous looking...but honestly I dont care...now to figure out a way to mount it...I'm sure I can rig something...ill get pics up later once it is mounted and wired up...

Old 01-19-2013, 06:12 PM

I worked on the Jack Shaft assembly.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 PM

Went back out to the freezing cold garage to switch around the Jack Shaft assembly because it just didn't look right when I was looking at the pictures. Also I didn't have any place to install the Generator that I want to use. Take a look at the Wasp build in the link below and tell me what you think.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 AM

Rode for about an hour around the neighbourhood. First time in damp/drizzly conditions. Sprayed all my electrics with wd40.

Swapped my front brake pads with my rear ones. Working brakez!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM

I changed the gearing on my vintage build again. It was a little to high had to much top speed and not enough power. Now it will climb the hills and still cruise at a comfortable speed for me. I think I am just about ready to paint.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM

I got alot acomplished on bike #6 yesterday. This is my 3rd genesis onyx 29er. I got the little ht mounted up and just have to install the electrics. Upgraded plug wire and boot. Soldering all the connections. I must say that this last 66cc I got from BGF on ebay is somewhat impressive so far. Compared to the last 4 I have received. The transfer ports only needed minor work and the intake side of the piston skirt didnt need to be trimmed to clear the intake port. The gaskets are not flimsey like all the others. The muffler mount flange was flat and required no grinding to get it to mount flush. These are just some of the things I noticed. We have yet to see how it runs though. Soon.......
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 AM

I haven't had any problems. I found a malfunctioning old socket wrench once, a big one, and they gave me store credit toward a similar model (it must have been pretty old).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Well, Maybe not the workers. They still make their $5 per hour. But I wouldn't think the shareholders are too happy about replacing a 20 year old tool with a brand new one.
fatdaddy.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 AM

Decided to refurbish my Ht. This is the third bike the engine has been on over the course of almost 4 years. It was starting to get a little "slap" noise so it was time. New piston, rings, wrist pin and bearing. And of course a new crank. I left the crank bearings alone except to add some high temp grease. They were the Japanese bearings and were still smooth and tight. I did the same for a buddies engine last week and it's running GREAT. Hope I get the same results for mine. (I think I got all the parts back in, haha.)
And as long as I had my baby apart I went ahead and did a few things I've been putting off, Like tube protectors, New motor chain, Steel braceing on the rear fender and a better front tire that's NOT A WHITEWALL, (I hate whitewalls.) I replaced the rear tire a couple weeks ago. I should be ready for a test ride tomorrow afternoon.
fatdaddy.
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.
It would be nice to spend billions on schools and roads,
but right now that money is desperately needed for political ads.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner