Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors



Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4771  
Old 12-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Wickedest1's Avatar
Wickedest1 Wickedest1 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: connecticut
Posts: 668
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Found a donor bike today...exact same size and dimensions tires that ineed and already took the wheels off for a bearings check up before I swap the 40toother to it...and the tires and brakes are absolutely brand new....thats a bonus...still going to get a set of those heavy duty rims from the swap and shop section...great price and for the quality...
__________________
Thats a lot of moving parts...hope it all works...
FD4E
Reply With Quote
  #4772  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
GearNut's Avatar
GearNut GearNut is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Posts: 5,106
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
Found a donor bike today...exact same size and dimensions tires that ineed and already took the wheels off for a bearings check up before I swap the 40toother to it...and the tires and brakes are absolutely brand new....thats a bonus...still going to get a set of those heavy duty rims from the swap and shop section...great price and for the quality...
You must mean these: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread...940#post446940

An awesome value and very well made.
__________________
The_Aleman:
"It's a chinagirl. It's a sometimes fun little engine that often will break your heart. It's disposable.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
________________________
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4773  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Wickedest1's Avatar
Wickedest1 Wickedest1 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: connecticut
Posts: 668
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Exactly my point gn...and the guy said he probably won't ever sell out and if he does he can get more...hope I can scrounge 50$
__________________
Thats a lot of moving parts...hope it all works...
FD4E
Reply With Quote
  #4774  
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM
moonerdizzle's Avatar
moonerdizzle moonerdizzle is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheese head capitol
Posts: 874
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I got the motor mounts made for the snow bike
__________________
that effin moon kid

LabRat that golden pos ya got with the homescooled monarks

coated pistons
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42853
Reply With Quote
  #4775  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:53 AM
bigbutterbean bigbutterbean is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 2,420
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

It wasn't today, it was yesterday, but I replaced the wire connectors on the battery that powers my brake light. Its a 7.2v nicad battery from an r/c car, and I just bring it in my house and wall-charge it every so often. When I first rigged it up for my brake light, the wire connections were not the best, due to the fact that I had removed the original connectors and used them for something else. So I put male/female connectors on them, and also put matching female connectors on the wall chargin unit. Now I can quickly and easily disconnect the battery and bring it inside for charging, and it sits in the inside flap of my saddlebag when its on the bike. So thats a big plus for me right there.
Reply With Quote
  #4776  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I did something like that to my bike a while ago Big. The difference is that my 12V battery is mounted in my side case. I put quick connects coming off my battery and charger so I could just plug in in instead of trying to use the chargers cheapo clips. I've had those just fall off after I leave so it's not charging, ALL NIGHT. I just found out that my battery lasts about a month, cause that how long I didn't charge it before it started going dead.
I also FINALLY got my suspension forks on. I'll take a pic later today. It looks GOOD.
fatdaddy.
Reply With Quote
  #4777  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Wickedest1's Avatar
Wickedest1 Wickedest1 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: connecticut
Posts: 668
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

So yesterday I got another back rim from a donor bike. I was going to swap my 40tooth to it but decided to install the 44 that came with the fh kit. Got the wheel ready to go, then realized that the banana plates dont line up at all in any configuration. I tried anyways and got the bolts through. But no matter how I tighten it the overlap throws off the balance and the rear sprocket wobbles...no amount of tightening and patterning has solved this...I've contacted the vendor and see where it goes...oh and apparently 1700 miles on a sprocket has a tendency to work harden the bolts into a locked position...without thread locker...so the 40toother is a no swap for now...and I'm still without a bike to ride...going to build a cardboard engine mock up and see if I can squeeze a kit into my 1950 jc higgins 20"er...
__________________
Thats a lot of moving parts...hope it all works...
FD4E
Reply With Quote
  #4778  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
So yesterday I got another back rim from a donor bike. I was going to swap my 40tooth to it but decided to install the 44 that came with the fh kit. Got the wheel ready to go, then realized that the banana plates dont line up at all in any configuration. I tried anyways and got the bolts through. But no matter how I tighten it the overlap throws off the balance and the rear sprocket wobbles...no amount of tightening and patterning has solved this...I've contacted the vendor and see where it goes...oh and apparently 1700 miles on a sprocket has a tendency to work harden the bolts into a locked position...without thread locker...so the 40toother is a no swap for now...and I'm still without a bike to ride...going to build a cardboard engine mock up and see if I can squeeze a kit into my 1950 jc higgins 20"er...
There are (at least that I know of,) 2 different sizes of bolt hole diameters on the sprockets. This also means that there are 2 sizes of back plates and mounting rubbers. I don't know why, but I found out the hard way. I've MADE different sizes work together when I had no choice, but it wasn't easy.
fatdaddy.
Work harden the bolts my A**. I use them over and over till they strip out.

Last edited by fatdaddy; 12-16-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4779  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Wickedest1's Avatar
Wickedest1 Wickedest1 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: connecticut
Posts: 668
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
There are (at least that I know of,) 2 different sizes of bolt hole diameters on the sprockets. This also means that there are 2 sizes of back plates and mounting rubbers. I don't know why, but I found out the hard way. I've MADE different sizes work together when I had no choice, but it wasn't easy.
fatdaddy.
Work harden the bolts my A**. I use them over and over till they strip out.
And thats what is happening with the old bolts...the nuts spin but dont loosen...and im out of dremel cut off wheels for the moment...
__________________
Thats a lot of moving parts...hope it all works...
FD4E
Reply With Quote
  #4780  
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
And thats what is happening with the old bolts...the nuts spin but dont loosen...and im out of dremel cut off wheels for the moment...
Drill out the head of the bolt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Sponsors

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
MotorBicycling.com