Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
Bike was running like crap, so I had to replace the exhaust gasket, I also cleaned the head while I was at it.

I also figured out why these things have clutch covers, so you don't get the hem of your pants leg shredded.

Guess I need to get the cover back on.
Yeah I hate it when my pants legs get messed up from riding a bicycle, motor or not. I have some velcro straps that I use to keep the legs of my pants clear of the bike. It also helps to keep from getting grease on your pants legs.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
Bike was running like crap, so I had to replace the exhaust gasket, I also cleaned the head while I was at it.

I also figured out why these things have clutch covers, so you don't get the hem of your pants leg shredded.

Guess I need to get the cover back on.
Right now I only have two pair of pants shredded like that. I wait to put the cover on a new build untill I'm sure everything is adjusted properly. I'm expecting more shredded pants in the furure.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM

Not exactly MY bike, it was a customer build, but I just gotta show ya'all this really cool side draft carb intake I made yesterday. I had it on a OCC chopper build I never sold, but it was never really put together right back then. So I finally got a torch and some silver solder and put it together solid. The bike I put it on didn't have room for the carb to sit behind the engine like the stock one mounts, So I did it like this. The guy got his motor from Motovelo, over priced but I gotta admit, it ran just fine right out of the box. Thing is, the guy knows NOTHIN about mechanics, never even pulled a spark plug his entire life, so he didn't really appreciate the effort and just plain coolness that went into this.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102.jpg (326.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Not exactly MY bike, it was a customer build, but I just gotta show ya'all this really cool side draft carb intake I made yesterday. I had it on a OCC chopper build I never sold, but it was never really put together right back then. So I finally got a torch and some silver solder and put it together solid. The bike I put it on didn't have room for the carb to sit behind the engine like the stock one mounts, So I did it like this. The guy got his motor from Motovelo, over priced but I gotta admit, it ran just fine right out of the box. Thing is, the guy knows NOTHIN about mechanics, never even pulled a spark plug his entire life, so he didn't really appreciate the effort and just plain coolness that went into this.
fatdaddy.
@fatdaddy...not that there is anything wrong with the carb...just curious why you decided to go on that side of the engine with the carb? Again just curiosity...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
@fatdaddy...not that there is anything wrong with the carb...just curious why you decided to go on that side of the engine with the carb? Again just curiosity...
The clutch cover side comes up higher than the drive gear side. I woulda had to either take it WAY higher or bring it out WAY further.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 PM

Thumbs up Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
fatdaddy.
Awesome work. It's too bad some people have no idea what it takes to do it.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abikerider View Post
Awesome work. It's too bad some people have no idea what it takes to do it.
Yeah abikerider, After he took it away he must have called me 6 or 8 times cause he couldn't get it started again. He said gas was leaking all over the place. I figured it was a stuck float. Turned out he had the choke on and didn't know, after I told him 14 times, that you don't really NEED a choke in California. I guess I'm just losing my patience in my old age, cause this guy is starting to get to me. Guy's like that have NO IDEA what goes into a build. When he first brought me the bike and motor he was just gonna HANG OUT while I installed it. After all, Motovelo said it only takes 2 hours to do it.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Staff

Har, LOL FD. My first build, I raced to beat the "Can be installed in under 4 hrs" Think I came close. The bike lasted from the driveway to almost the edge of the yard.>100 feet

Last Chinagirl kit I put on a bike took me 2 days. Way more fun too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 AM

ok well the flying horse came in yesterday...around 2 pm in connecticut...got her up and running by 6...sooooo quiet...great power...looks great...out of the box i had some issues...no fuel filter, no clutch cable and get this after getting her on the bike and everything all set she wouldnt disengage from drive...so during my down time i did quite a bit of research and just happened to remember that i watched a video on how to adjust the clutch if it was too tight...removed the flower nut, friction plate only to find there was no return spring for the friction plate...luckily i still had the parts from my old kit...threw in the spring, tightened the flower nut and she fired first time with almost no pedaling involved...took her to the auto parts place where they know me and when i walked in they asked where the bike was and i pointed outside...the comments were amazing...this kit really is a pretty kit...nice grips too... pics to come soon...

Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 AM

Hey Wicked, From what I understand and BikeBerry is saying, that spring is no longer installed in the new engines. I've always said it's not really needed anyway, now the factory agrees with me. I don't know why your clutch was stuck, perhaps put together too tight at the factory, but that little spring could really have nothing to do with it. It's not strong enough to hold anything much more than the clutch plate slightly away from the pads. It's not strong enough to JAM anything.
Anyway, Glad yer up and running. Sounds like you put it together right,

Good Luck bro,
fatdaddy.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner