Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
actually vik, i found out this morning that i will not be homeless after all...things have worked out, for a while at least, and i will still have a place to warm me bones...got a flying horse on its way and am going to be stuck using the same old solid mountain bike i used on the last build, but its comfortable for me...im 5'11" and the 26 wheels are great...need to acquire a springed seat, and maybe find someone junking an old motorized bicycle with spring or shocked front end...the rigid kills me...pics to come of the new old build...
BRO, You don't know how glad I am right now for you. Like I said, I've been there and it ain't no fun.
Let us know how the F.H. works out. Do ya still have the rear sprocket hooked up on the Mountain bike? Thats the hardest part of the build. And yeah, I'm looking to put suspension forks on mine too.
Anyway bro, Glad things are workin out fer ya. Keep us updated.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Man, I was thinking the same thing. What a time to be out on the street and not at least have a ride to rely on and no chance to get another one soon. Tenting in the woods in New England in winter is not any joy that's for sure.

Glad to hear that things are working out. Hope they keep going well.

Steve.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Yeah BoDean, 1/8th turn. BEEN THERE. I was out riding with Ocho Ninja a little over a week ago. I had just rode the bike the day before, so when it started vibrating I thought, OH CRAP, Somethings gone very wrong with the China Girl. My butt was vibrating like my girlfriends,uh, well, never mind that.... So we cut the ride short, I rode it home and started thinking about it. YEP, 1/8th turn, DONE.
fatdaddy.
P.S. By the way, you're not allowed to say CRAP on the other site. It'll get bleeped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNut View Post
That is a good album by a band called Tesla too.

Today I swapped my bars, only to end up swapping them back. The old bars don't feel the same on my new frame. I also fixed my gas cap. One of the little tabs had retracted inside the cap. It was like a puzzle getting it back out. Had to use THREE TOOLS AT ONCE, which was pretty difficult, me having only two hands and all. I noticed that my chain is rubbing the chain-stay. Got to fix that tomorrow.

@fatdaddy When I built my first bike, I had an incidence in which it started vibrating so much that I had to stand to ride home comfortably. Got home and realized that there was a mounting nut COMPLETELY GONE! Yeah, so I had ridden home on just the rear mount. No wonder it shook the seat so much. That's all that was holding the little chunk of asian aluminum known as a china girl on the bike. My last frame (which is currently broken) seemed to be build for the motor, as the mounts were almost perfectly aligned. My new frame has a similar shape, but the angles are not quite right, so the rear mount is touching on a ridge, causing the whole thing to vibrate at the slightest loosening of any motor mount bold. It's time to get some JB Weld.

@GearNut: Yeah, Tesla rocks. Don't know if I've heard that album though. Nikola Tesla studied mechanical resonance alot. Makes sense now.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM

@fatdaddy...thanks brother...I'm beyond relieved myself...actually just woke up from a much needed nap...the fh has shipped and I'm gonna do a few things differently with this build...more rubber under the mounts...used hand grips on the previous build...chunks of mud flap this time...and ive figured out how to wire up a 6 volt flash light to use as a headlight...7.4watt light instead of the 4.8watt one that is standard in them...my previous failures were due to me trying to wire into the white wire and black...not realizing I needed to go to the white and blue...definitely super excited for the new build and much cheaper than a friction kit...$3 for the light...$1.09 for the brighter bulb and about 10 minutes and some solder...voila...now my neighbor is bright as heck runin strong...thanks to everyone for your well wishings...
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM

white and blue to wire a headlight? Thats interesting. Personally, I just got a mini-generator to run my headlight, but thats an interesting idea for wiring a headlight.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
...I'm gonna do a few things differently with this build...more rubber under the mounts...used hand grips on the previous build...chunks of mud flap this time...and ive figured out how to wire up a 6 volt flash light to use as a headlight...7.4watt light instead of the 4.8watt one that is standard in them...my previous failures were due to me trying to wire into the white wire and black...not realizing I needed to go to the white and blue...
Search the forums here about rubber mounting and using the white wire for a light. The rubber is a bad idea as it only worsens the chances of breaking a frame due to vibration. While you may not feel it your frame certainly does. However slight, the rubber does allow some movement and that will, over time, cause a frame failure.

If you wire a headlight to your white wire it tends to rob the spark plug of too much current and your bike wont run as strong.

Both of your ideas have been discussed MANY times.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 PM

Ok so I'm limited to searches due to my crappy phone...what would be your suggestion on wiring the light in...and ok about the rubbers...
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM

If you have a muffler shop near you,this is the best way to mount the engine will remove enough vibration,I know from experience.

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=14
Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 PM

I made an air swirler for my intake from a fan that came out of a computer.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 PM

great link...very self explanatory...dont have a local welding shop but my neighbor works at united rentals and he welds for them...may have to try that out...whats the stuff wrapped around the bike frame? is that neoprene?

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner