Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I made a leaf spring fork tonight,

LabRat that golden pos ya got with the homescooled monarks

coated pistons
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42853
Old 11-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonerdizzle View Post
I made a leaf spring fork tonight,
Dang Dude, THATS COOL. I've always been more into the things people make rather than just buy it off the internet.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM

Worked on the motor mount more. More pics in the build along with a question.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Hey big. HOW do ya go two months without riding yer bike? You must have more than the one bike. If I have to go more than a week my eyes start to cross, my stomach get upset and my brain starts getting foggy.
You DID say you have a 2 gallon tank though, maybe it was just left over gas.
I know you said it's purring pretty good, but did ya get a power increase with the 93 and new head? More top end?
fatdaddy.
Well, to tell you the truth, its been sort of a combination of things. My mother-in-law passed away just over a month ago, and I have been staying home with my wife, because she was very close to her mom and she took it pretty hard.Also, the bike needed work done to it, and I tried not to take too much time away from my wife to do that, so it kinda got done in bits and pieces. I wanted it to be done close to perfect before riding it much, cause I'm starting to get really anal about every little detail. Yes, the bike does seem to have developed a bit more power. This may seem kinda strange, but I think its sorta like a break-in process with the high compression head. Here is why I think that. I did ride my bike a few times after installing the hi-hi head last month, but not very far. And it didnt seem that much different to me the first few times. Coming home yesterday after filling up, it still didnt seem that much different. Today, I went to the same place where I filled up yesterday to return some dvd's to redbox. On the way there, didnt notice much difference, except she pulled a little better. On the way back, I began to notice a definite difference in rpm's. I wasnt flying at warp speed, but I felt a little more oomph. I am betting that after a few more rides, especially a longer ride, I will begin to notice a bigger difference. Once I get out for a nice long ride, I'll take my speedo with me so I know exactly what kind of speeds I'm hitting, and I will report back.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM

heres a couple shots of my z80s china girl...i love the straight pipe...so much more nut when i ride

cant get the pics to upload but they are in my pic folder if you wanna see them

Last edited by Wickedest1; 11-11-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
heres a couple shots of my z80s china girl...i love the straight pipe...so much more nut when i ride

Pictures didnt show up I dont think, but I will tell you this. It wont run good for long with a straight pipe. At first, it will seem like you have more torque and probably better speed. Eventually, what will happen is the open pipe will mess with the port timing. First you will lose power intermittently, as if your clutch is slipping or something. Eventually, you may lose power altogether. I'm just telling you the fact is that ported 2 strokes need back pressure to maintain proper timing.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutterbean View Post
Pictures didnt show up I dont think, but I will tell you this. It wont run good for long with a straight pipe. At first, it will seem like you have more torque and probably better speed. Eventually, what will happen is the open pipe will mess with the port timing. First you will lose power intermittently, as if your clutch is slipping or something. Eventually, you may lose power altogether. I'm just telling you the fact is that ported 2 strokes need back pressure to maintain proper timing.

they dont need back pressure for proper timing, timing is controlled by the ports in the jug and do no change unless you do port work. piston ported two strokes need back pressure to keep the motor from over scavenging the fuel charge from the cylinder.

LabRat that golden pos ya got with the homescooled monarks

coated pistons
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42853
Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 PM

I'm afraid Moon is right Big, I've been running a "fake" straight pipe on mine for MONTHS, YEARS if I include all of my bikes. What I mean by fake is that I take an old used stock pipe, cut the heck out of it, leaving the honeycomb baffle for a little back pressure. Just a peice of pipe with NOTHING inside (no pressure at all) will allow the fuel to flow directly through and simply spew unburnt fuel out the pipe. 2 strokes do enough of that without using a true straight pipe, add a completely unrestricted pipe and you double that problem.
fatdaddy.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 PM

I did a number of things today. Fixed a broken pedal (too cheap to replace them, plus they are vintage and I like them). Also adjusted my bottom bracket and my chain tensioner, which is on the pedal side. Lubed my chain, fixed a broken wire connector on my batttery that powers my brake light, put some air in my tires.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

picked up a springer front end

more pics here at the bottom of the page
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42985&page=2

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner