Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Yeah Brad, If yer going for Warp speed ya gotta upgrade. Just make REAL SURE the motor sprocket is EXACTLY in line with the rear sprocket. I have a very easy way of checking this if yer interested.
fatdaddy.
After the chain tensioner was put on it ran like a champ. I've been riding on the bay trail and gets kinda bumpy so I figured it caused it to fall off. After I un-F***ed it, it ran ok, but not well enough for me to try And get to work. What's your way of checking? I just hold the bike and look down to the chain and check like looking down a sight on a rifle.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradb1287 View Post
After the chain tensioner was put on it ran like a champ. I've been riding on the bay trail and gets kinda bumpy so I figured it caused it to fall off. After I un-F***ed it, it ran ok, but not well enough for me to try And get to work. What's your way of checking? I just hold the bike and look down to the chain and check like looking down a sight on a rifle.
Yeah, Thats pretty much it. Just move the chain left and right untill you can see that the drive sprocket is dead center on the chain. Then without moving it, bring it straight back. THATS where yer rear sprocket SHOULD be. If it's off even the width of a thin washer, fix it.
Some guy's use a straight edge, I find it harder that way. I also don't use the rag joint anymore on my personal bikes. That cheap thing makes it a lot harder to get the rear sprocket set up right.
fatdaddy.
Got a pic? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 PM

its the slide aka plunger.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Yeah, Thats pretty much it. Just move the chain left and right untill you can see that the drive sprocket is dead center on the chain. Then without moving it, bring it straight back. THATS where yer rear sprocket SHOULD be. If it's off even the width of a thin washer, fix it.
Some guy's use a straight edge, I find it harder that way. I also don't use the rag joint anymore on my personal bikes. That cheap thing makes it a lot harder to get the rear sprocket set up right.
fatdaddy.
Got a pic? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Hey now. If I could figure out how to get em on here ( don't have an image hosting site, yet) and when I figure it out I'll show ya.

Last edited by Bradb1287; 11-08-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer ya about where I'm from. San Bruno
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Hey now. If I could figure out how to get em on here ( don't have an image hosting site, yet) and when I figure it out I'll show ya.
A lot of pics are too big and the site wont let you. I send them to myself and my email automaticly resizes them smaller so they'll fit here. Then I put it back in my picture folder and go from there. This is a little older pic. I have since added a billet intake with a better air filter, A set of Schwinn forks with the cantilever bosses for better brakes, A real tail light/brakelight, and a windscreen.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 056.jpg (333.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Brad, there's a sticky in the pic section on how to post directly through the forum, or using Photobucket.com. Pic Section Link. I just eyeball my chain too.

Today I had fun Cutting up a Frame, but tough choice to make before welding it back up...
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
Brad, there's a sticky in the pic section on how to post directly through the forum, or using Photobucket.com. Pic Section Link. I just eyeball my chain too.

Today I had fun Cutting up a Frame, but tough choice to make before welding it back up...
Came across the help area of pic section myself and....

I also saw where it mentioned about a freeware Picasa program that does resize for email and also I guess just to save resized and then can upload where ever.

I already have and old version and will see if I'll just use that.

MT
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
A lot of pics are too big and the site wont let you. I send them to myself and my email automaticly resizes them smaller so they'll fit here. Then I put it back in my picture folder and go from there. This is a little older pic. I have since added a billet intake with a better air filter, A set of Schwinn forks with the cantilever bosses for better brakes, A real tail light/brakelight, and a windscreen.
fatdaddy.

Wow, makes me not want to put mine up. Nice lookin bike mine is just on a mountian bike frame.

Thanks everyone else, I'll have to try that when I'm on a computer.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Oh I also hooked up my license plate.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Wow, makes me not want to put mine up. Nice lookin bike mine is just on a mountian bike frame.

Thanks everyone else, I'll have to try that when I'm on a computer.
Don't worry about what someones bike looks like, The only thing you worry about is DO YOU LIKE YOUR BIKE. I've spent the better part of a year getting mine to where it is now. What will yours look like a year from now? Probably different then what it is right now.
Anyway, here's a newer pic with the forks, tail light and windscreen. I lowered the screen after this pic, it just looks better that way. The light was all wrong and I got a real cheap camera, but you can get the idea of what it is anyway. I put on the billet intake, chrome air cleaner and the boost bottle after this pic.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (239.2 KB, 39 views)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner