Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors



Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4491  
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Bradb1287's Avatar
Bradb1287 Bradb1287 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Bruno
Posts: 21
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Yeah Brad, If yer going for Warp speed ya gotta upgrade. Just make REAL SURE the motor sprocket is EXACTLY in line with the rear sprocket. I have a very easy way of checking this if yer interested.
fatdaddy.
After the chain tensioner was put on it ran like a champ. I've been riding on the bay trail and gets kinda bumpy so I figured it caused it to fall off. After I un-F***ed it, it ran ok, but not well enough for me to try And get to work. What's your way of checking? I just hold the bike and look down to the chain and check like looking down a sight on a rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #4492  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradb1287 View Post
After the chain tensioner was put on it ran like a champ. I've been riding on the bay trail and gets kinda bumpy so I figured it caused it to fall off. After I un-F***ed it, it ran ok, but not well enough for me to try And get to work. What's your way of checking? I just hold the bike and look down to the chain and check like looking down a sight on a rifle.
Yeah, Thats pretty much it. Just move the chain left and right untill you can see that the drive sprocket is dead center on the chain. Then without moving it, bring it straight back. THATS where yer rear sprocket SHOULD be. If it's off even the width of a thin washer, fix it.
Some guy's use a straight edge, I find it harder that way. I also don't use the rag joint anymore on my personal bikes. That cheap thing makes it a lot harder to get the rear sprocket set up right.
fatdaddy.
Got a pic? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Reply With Quote
  #4493  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
obesepolice obesepolice is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: irving, texas
Posts: 106
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

its the slide aka plunger.
Reply With Quote
  #4494  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Bradb1287's Avatar
Bradb1287 Bradb1287 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Bruno
Posts: 21
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Yeah, Thats pretty much it. Just move the chain left and right untill you can see that the drive sprocket is dead center on the chain. Then without moving it, bring it straight back. THATS where yer rear sprocket SHOULD be. If it's off even the width of a thin washer, fix it.
Some guy's use a straight edge, I find it harder that way. I also don't use the rag joint anymore on my personal bikes. That cheap thing makes it a lot harder to get the rear sprocket set up right.
fatdaddy.
Got a pic? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Hey now. If I could figure out how to get em on here ( don't have an image hosting site, yet) and when I figure it out I'll show ya.

Last edited by Bradb1287; 11-08-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer ya about where I'm from. San Bruno
Reply With Quote
  #4495  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradb1287 View Post
Hey now. If I could figure out how to get em on here ( don't have an image hosting site, yet) and when I figure it out I'll show ya.
A lot of pics are too big and the site wont let you. I send them to myself and my email automaticly resizes them smaller so they'll fit here. Then I put it back in my picture folder and go from there. This is a little older pic. I have since added a billet intake with a better air filter, A set of Schwinn forks with the cantilever bosses for better brakes, A real tail light/brakelight, and a windscreen.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 056.jpg (333.2 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4496  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
killercanuck's Avatar
killercanuck killercanuck is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wallaceburg ON
Posts: 1,752
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Brad, there's a sticky in the pic section on how to post directly through the forum, or using Photobucket.com. Pic Section Link. I just eyeball my chain too.

Today I had fun Cutting up a Frame, but tough choice to make before welding it back up...
__________________
Cards, 29er, Trailer, Hack'em'up
Build with pride! Build to ride!
"A clean shop is a sure sign of a cluttered mind" ~ fasteddy
Reply With Quote
  #4497  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
MEASURE TWICE MEASURE TWICE is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,779
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
Brad, there's a sticky in the pic section on how to post directly through the forum, or using Photobucket.com. Pic Section Link. I just eyeball my chain too.

Today I had fun Cutting up a Frame, but tough choice to make before welding it back up...
Came across the help area of pic section myself and....

I also saw where it mentioned about a freeware Picasa program that does resize for email and also I guess just to save resized and then can upload where ever.

I already have and old version and will see if I'll just use that.

MT
Reply With Quote
  #4498  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Bradb1287's Avatar
Bradb1287 Bradb1287 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Bruno
Posts: 21
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
A lot of pics are too big and the site wont let you. I send them to myself and my email automaticly resizes them smaller so they'll fit here. Then I put it back in my picture folder and go from there. This is a little older pic. I have since added a billet intake with a better air filter, A set of Schwinn forks with the cantilever bosses for better brakes, A real tail light/brakelight, and a windscreen.
fatdaddy.

Wow, makes me not want to put mine up. Nice lookin bike mine is just on a mountian bike frame.

Thanks everyone else, I'll have to try that when I'm on a computer.
Reply With Quote
  #4499  
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Bradb1287's Avatar
Bradb1287 Bradb1287 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Bruno
Posts: 21
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Oh I also hooked up my license plate.
Reply With Quote
  #4500  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
fatdaddy's Avatar
fatdaddy fatdaddy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradb1287 View Post
Wow, makes me not want to put mine up. Nice lookin bike mine is just on a mountian bike frame.

Thanks everyone else, I'll have to try that when I'm on a computer.
Don't worry about what someones bike looks like, The only thing you worry about is DO YOU LIKE YOUR BIKE. I've spent the better part of a year getting mine to where it is now. What will yours look like a year from now? Probably different then what it is right now.
Anyway, here's a newer pic with the forks, tail light and windscreen. I lowered the screen after this pic, it just looks better that way. The light was all wrong and I got a real cheap camera, but you can get the idea of what it is anyway. I put on the billet intake, chrome air cleaner and the boost bottle after this pic.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (239.2 KB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Sponsors

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
MotorBicycling.com