Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

A few days ago I received my mirrors, 36t gear, and front brake set from Spooky Tooth Cycles, and front motor mount from Sick Bick Parts. The other day got the mirrors, front brake, and front motor mount on. Must I say that the SBP front motor mount is nothing short of amazing. The motor is rock solid and sitting at a very astetically pleasing spot. If you have a cranbrook or variant of it I HIGHLY recommend this part. Now to talk customer service. I have never in my life gotten such great service as I did from Spooky Tooth. They didnt have my choice of front brake in stock so I said just send the other one. They express mailed it to me and I got it in two days. I paid for regular shipping for all the parts(they came later as to be expected). They also sent a pair of upgraded brake pads. Every email I sent was returned very quickly and with all the info I needed. Sent them a very nice email regarding service. Now to what I did today. Lost my exhaust bolt after hitting the end of my exhaust on some snow. Noticed it was getting louder so I looked down going about 20mph. I saw it wiggling off. Stopped and tried as best I could to screw it back in but couldnt do much. About 2 blocks later it got LOUD. Lucky me I was only about 3 blocks from home. Riding loud enough to wake the dead I got home and inspected. Lost the bolt and blew threw the exhaust gasket. Took off the exhaust when it cooled and looked at the piston, lucky me fine again. Not so lucky the (replacement) exhaust bolt stripped the threads ever so slightly "again". Mixed up some JB Weld and put it on the threads of a new bolt, slid in a new gasket and bolted up the exhaust a little loose, will tighten it up when cured. Hopefully it will hold. Well that was my little adventure, anybody else have a fun story to share with the class?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Looked at it is about all. destroyed the rag joint and chain on my bike the other day - waiting for my new sprocket adapter and until then, not even going to attempt to ride that thing. I know some people in here are frickin einstiens with those rag joints - i'm just over um period. The rag joint worked ok on my first build, but when i removed it and put it on my new bike holy sh it - things went south in a hurry. Couldn't get the right alignment on it.. so that's what i did
Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 PM

rode her like a boss!

also pissed some people by riding in the street through a construction zone.

hey, speed limit is 25, bike can do 25, it's fair game at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:26 AM

That oring on the washer on the clutch handle pin is a good idea, Mine managed to pop the washer right off, acting as sorta a slide hammer.. Added some C clips, but meh, eventualy changed it to a twist grip, havent looked back

I finaly got my shift kit bike running.. And bought the seat post today.. Still need to make a shim for it... oh well.

Gonna install some washers in the muffler to act as baffels to try and quite it down somewhat after removing all the muff outta the muffler.
Left the petcock open, leaked a cup of fuel on my garage because the carb is not 100% level (CNS carb tilting back with the air filter down = slow leak, allways tilt up!)
Learned the puddle would not even ignite! maybe im using too much oil :P Or most of the gas evaporated by then I guess.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:37 AM

Went to the flea market and found some cylinder saddle bags for "Merit".
Old 12-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Decided to take one of children for a long ride. But first had him follow my lead and wipe the entire bike down, checked every bolt, fender, cable, chain. Just to show him that a little pre-inspection goes a long way into safety.
We found a lose screw on the rear fender of his bike, a chain with a little too much slack on mine. 5 min of wrench time, and we had ourselves a wonderfull 12 mile ride.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Staff

Purty awesome Mr. G. Those kinda lessons last a life time and are far-reaching in to so much more then just MB'ing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-28-2010, 09:26 AM

good habits to form
Old 12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Staff

Tore down Worksman front drum brake to see if I did infact have it backwards. hehe, nope, didn't matter. I think. Tested it by power sliding in slush. Going down hill to a stop sign. (A "clenching" moment)

...and rode into a snow drift and got stuck.

That was kinda fun. Going now to buy much better boots. Or rivet an old tire to see if it will work as studs/winter tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM

I lowered my seat 3mm.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner