Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksdG2 View Post
swapped my mountain bike forks w/disk brake and shocks along with the handlebars on it, completely changed the look and feel as well as the riding experience. stopping is amazing and the steering will take a little getting used to but so far i like it...

couldnt find the motivation to swap out the rear white wall for a all black tire, but i will eventually
Looks great IKsd, Bet it rides better too. Thats kinda what I wanted to do to mine but shocked forks are harder to find in 1". 1 1/8" all day long. I'll eventually find what I'm looking for at a price I can afford then I'll have mine set up like yours. Good work, great bike.
fatdaddy.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 PM

Well, Hurricane Sandy blew my cover off my bike and broke the mounting tab off one of my side safety lights (thank you, Sandy). So I took the bike down to the basement, where it will stay until the storm passes. I superglued the light back to its mounting hardware, changed the batteries in my tail light, and moved my mirror a little bit because I didnt like where it was mounted. One day this week, I will also be adjusting the tension on my clutch spring.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 PM

WELL, wrecked it, AGAIN. (I don't want to talk about it.) except to say I have some more work to do. I was supposed to go riding with Ocho Ninja on Thursday. Gonna try to get it fixed in time. I'll get back later with a post on what I had to do to get it back on the road.
fatdaddy.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Staff

Dang FD! you OK Mon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 10-30-2012, 12:54 AM

Oh don't leave us hanging, FD. What happened? Are you ok? No road rash or sprains I hope!

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM

I'm OK everybody, all except for my pride. What little of it I had left from my first wreck got left on the road this time for sure.
I stayed the night at my girlfriends apartment and locked my bike up outside. She is blind and lives in a secured facility. A LOT of other types live there also because they can't be left on their own without some supervision. WELL. my gooseneck stem was tight when I rode it there. I took 2 pedals, popped the clutch and the front wheel went one way, my handlebars went the other way and I went another direction, AGAIN. I KNOW one of the mentally challenged persons there had to loosen it, (Hey, WATCH THIS, IT'S GONNA BE FUNNY.)
Like I said, it wasn't loose when I rode it there. Now I need to replace a cracked neck, a broken windscreen and straighten out my turn signal brackets and a few other things.
From now on it goes in the apartment, gas smell or not.
fatdaddy.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
From now on it goes in the apartment, gas smell or not.
fatdaddy.
Glad you're ok. Wounded pride heals in time. lol

I have always stored my gas bike in the house. I would turn the petcock valve off and run the carb dry when I was arriving at my home and that really helped with the smell of gas in the house.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:14 PM

No problem when I'm home nunya, I have a garage that I turned into my shop. No cars, lawn mowers or yard tools there, just a lot of motorized stuff, tools and a few bikes.
Now where my girl lives, there are SUPPOSED to be security guards walking around. It's maintained by state and federal grants, So I KNOW there are laws about storing gas in the apartments, in a tank or otherwise. But like I said, I'm taking it inside from now on anyway untill they say something about it.
Thanks for the tip on draining the carb,(or letting it run dry,) That should help a lot.
fatdaddy.
P.S. Perhaps I should change my name to Crashdaddy.

Last edited by fatdaddy; 10-30-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Crashdaddy
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

couldnt get my new wrist pin bushing in so i took an old needle bearing that i had and removed three of the needles evenly spaced and it fit perfectly. bike has been running for 3 days now with no problems. has anyone else tried this? and should i expect it to fail soon?
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM

Glad your okay, sucks wiping out at any speed. Better start doing a 10 point walk-around inspection every ride with your luck, heh heh.

Another thing that would work for smell is wrap a bag around the carb and twist-tie it so it seals as best you can. Remember your air filter has gas on it too. You could do the same thing over the gas cap, vent = reek. Don't forget a rag for the exhaust drip

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner