Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

thats sooo cool man go register with the local police dept so you can tow all the OUI'S on bikes...

Around here they just make the ''SUSPECTED DUI PERSON'' leave their bike on the side of the road , or so I've heard anyway. 3 of my buddies took their mountain bikes ''w/ NO MOTOR'S'' to the 4th of July fire works and all 3 got DUI'S on their bicycles . I could never understand busting a person for riding a bicycle especially with no motor for OUI in this state the law says ''shall not operate a motorized vehicle'' Now I can understand perhaps A PROTECTIVE CUSTODY FOR A NIGHT AT THE GRAY BAR MOTEL IF THEY ARE A DANGER OF HURTING THEMSELVES but an oui i feel is way out of order

sorry BOUT THE CAPS MY KEY BOARD DOES WHAT IT WANTS TO MY NEPHEW DROWNED IT IN PINE APPLE JUICE

Last edited by Jumpa; 10-20-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: TYPO
Old 10-20-2012, 12:02 PM

Changed spark plug and went on a ten mile ride. When ever I complete a long ride say ten miles or more I have this feeling right after like I pee'd myself... also my hands and wrists are completely numb. as well a few other parts that I cant mention on here due to politically correctness and a want to not be vulgar at the present time . This really boggles my mind because I used quite a bit of vibration reducing materials when I BUILT IT .

It doesn't really vibrate too much but still I'm shaking like a 2 dollar crack whore when I stop from a long jaunt . I wonder if the tires could be causing it.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:06 PM

FRAG OUT!!!!

These guys stupid or what / watch these I-D-TEN-TEEES

May as well move to another spot now
FISH. are not going to bite now they know that they you are there now..... dummies

(on a more serious note... I hope they are ok and didn't get blowed up too bad )

Last edited by Jumpa; 10-20-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Changed spark plug and went on a ten mile ride. When ever I complete a long ride say ten miles or more I have this feeling right after like I pee'd myself... also my hands and wrists are completely numb. as well a few other parts that I cant mention on here due to politically correctness and a want to not be vulgar at the present time . This really boggles my mind because I used quite a bit of vibration reducing materials when I BUILT IT .

It doesn't really vibrate too much but still I'm shaking like a 2 dollar crack whore when I stop from a long jaunt . I wonder if the tires could be causing it.

Rubber mounting actually increases vibration, It leaves a little wiggle room for the engine to move. Try it without the "vibration reducing materials". Just make sure the engine is tight. I started getting that kind of buzzing in my (blank, blank,) parts, snugged the engine, no more vibes. I used to build with rubber mounting, It doesn't really work.
fatdaddy..
Old 10-20-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Rubber mounting actually increases vibration, It leaves a little wiggle room for the engine to move. Try it without the "vibration reducing materials". Just make sure the engine is tight. I started getting that kind of buzzing in my (blank, blank,) parts, snugged the engine, no more vibes. I used to build with rubber mounting, It doesn't really work.
fatdaddy..
I don't even think full blown motorcycles have rubber mounts on them for the same reason.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 PM

What did I do to my motor bike today? I picked it up off the asphalt. Well, I picked myself up first, then the bike, then my shoe that flew off, then my sunglasses that went in another direction, and last but not least, my helmet that came off before I even hit the ground.(I gotta tighten that strap.)
I've always said that the thing about coaster brakes is they either don't stop you or they just lock up. And thats what happend. Thank the gods it was a low speed turn when it happend. I just touched the coaster after applying the front brake and it locked in the middle of the turn. It skidded out so fast I didn't have time to say, Oh S**T. And I'll tell ya bro's, I'm a little to old to be fallin down like that. I hurt ALL OVER right now. Broke down and went to the E.R. to get checked out. Nothin bad, just some bumps and bruises. So just some friendly advice, Don't use a coaster brake in the middle of a turn.
fatdaddy.
P.S. And most importantly, The bike is fine.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:03 PM

good to hear you didnt do any real damage to you or the bike it could have been a bad one from how it sounds glad you arnt to hurt

Schwinn jaguar with a 66cc flying horse
they all run fantastic till they don't

smoke tires not drugs
YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPVC4YxDlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_...eature=related
Old 10-20-2012, 01:15 PM

Thanks Jonny, It's my first wreck on this bike so it's no longer a DROP virgin. (and I haven't been a virgin for YEARS.)
And yer right draco. Some do rubber mount, but at more than just two points, and with REAL MOTOR MOUNT RUBBER. At least three points would probably be OK. But the chinagirl has only two. Rubber just lets it move around.
fatdaddy.

Last edited by fatdaddy; 10-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM

yea i remember my drop i was run off the road and i have stitches to remind me

Schwinn jaguar with a 66cc flying horse
they all run fantastic till they don't

smoke tires not drugs
YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPVC4YxDlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_...eature=related
Old 10-20-2012, 01:57 PM

I rode mine to Home Depot to get some snap ring pliers. You can't disassemble an old Marzocchi fork without them.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner