Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 AM

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I did quite a bit today. Re-wired my headlight switch, installed a Puch hi hi head, put my saddlebag back on, installed a side safety light, installed a sited fuel gauge, and painted my rims black. Yesterday I adjusted my shock forks because there was quite a bit of slop in them. Took care of it pretty good though. Tomorrow I need to hook my front brake cable back up and adjust my fuel mixture. Then its time for a test ride to see what the hi hi head does.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKTR View Post
Sure is... I wish the trail was longer though
Yea that would be nice, I've been searching for a way to get inside the fence of the reservoir so I could ride up that huge mountain to the east with the towers on the top of it, but its probly better that I havrnt found a way, probly could get in some trouble for that...

For now I just settle with riding up that little mountain just north of there, there's a ton of trails up there going all over, lots of fun but probly hard on the little two stroke
Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Did a quick tune up (cleaned air filter, changed out spark plug, and cleaned clutch plate and pads with brake cleaner) then checked out mounting hardware etc. and adjusted seat post height up a bit as I had been getting some tire scrubbing on heavy bumps. Also ordered a new head from CR Machine.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksdG2 View Post
Yea that would be nice, I've been searching for a way to get inside the fence of the reservoir so I could ride up that huge mountain to the east with the towers on the top of it, but its probly better that I havrnt found a way, probly could get in some trouble for that...

For now I just settle with riding up that little mountain just north of there, there's a ton of trails up there going all over, lots of fun but probly hard on the little two stroke
Yeah they don't want people back there since that's where our water comes from. I've been back there for work related things and it would be a nice trail... but I can see why it isn't open to the public

There are several parts along the trail where I need to assist the engine by pedaling or the engine will die... and there is at least one part where I had to walk the bike because of issues with incline and traction
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothered View Post
Installed my new front wheel.

It is a 26" Worksman with a drum brake. I'm still not sure how to use the strap in the 4th picture to keep the brake arm from moving. Notice the boss is making sure it get all done right.
The brake arm strap is simple. Just wrap it around yer frame at the brake arm hole. Use the strap hole that makes it the tightest. Then stick a nut and bolt through it and yer done. It works just like a regular brake arm strap on a regular bicycle. Bend it around and make it fit.
fatdaddy.
P.S. You have a very cool boss.

Last edited by fatdaddy; 10-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Had to fix it because my dumbass drunk friend tried riding it while it was locked up through the wheel...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codiferous View Post
Had to fix it because my dumbass drunk friend tried riding it while it was locked up through the wheel...
At least he didn't get far enough to harm himself... gl with yer spokes though
Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM

This is my 1995 Clear Creek 100th Anniversary Schwinn.. AKA Blue Bomber as my brother calls her! She hit a top speed of 38 M.P.H. in her hay day. Today lugging my lard ass on her I could cruise at 30-34 pushing it but I usually cruise at 18-25 M.P.H. tops

Last edited by Jumpa; 10-18-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=VIKTR;433066]Got tired of waiting for the registration/ license plate to come in the mail... went for a little ride.

I hear that bro I just scored a Specialized Super Sport at a yard sale the other day for 10 bucks i couldn't pay the guy fast enough. I picked up the bike and ran out of there before any one figured anything out.

It cleaned up sooo nice , it's green and I'm debating putting a motor on it .

Hey Vik, how do I tell the year of a Specialized bike ? Also is that a spare quart of gas under your tank or is it really gatorade or some kind of human juice?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=Jumpa;433313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKTR View Post
Got tired of waiting for the registration/ license plate to come in the mail... went for a little ride.

I hear that bro I just scored a Specialized Super Sport at a yard sale the other day for 10 bucks i couldn't pay the guy fast enough. I picked up the bike and ran out of there before any one figured anything out.

It cleaned up sooo nice , it's green and I'm debating putting a motor on it .

Hey Vik, how do I tell the year of a Specialized bike ? Also is that a spare quart of gas under your tank or is it really gatorade or some kind of human juice?
Nice find... I have an Iron Horse that I was originally going to put the engine on but ended up keeping it as a mountain bike/ road bike hybrid

I had to read your post twice... 10 bucks??? My dad once got a road bike at a yard sale for 175 and was able to sell it for 1500. Some people have all the luck haha

I don't know if there is a surefire way to tell the year of a Specialized bike without the paperwork. You could always go on google and look for one that best matches yours and adopt that year

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner