Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

got the bike tuned in a little better today. i hit 27 mph motor is still running a little rouph cuts out a lot but i got the fuel foaming up issue fixed
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

finnished doing the full rebuild on my bike its incarnation 3 now painted the engine mounted it better(very little vibration at high RPM) black sealed the NT carb on the manifold finally able to use the chrome muffler also put my rear rack on and took her out i got up to at least my previous best of 32 MPH this time without all the vibration there is no police radar trailer to run past to check speed

Schwinn jaguar with a 66cc flying horse
they all run fantastic till they don't

smoke tires not drugs
YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPVC4YxDlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_...eature=related
Old 09-14-2012, 03:29 AM

I sourced a heavy duty "piston" BMX stem and welded-brace bars, caliper brake, and lever off one of my old bikes. I'm going to put it on my grubee beach bike instead of the old BMX stem and single bar. I am tired of the cheesy twist grip throttle anyway. I'm going to put the caliper brake on the back and run the lever on the clutch side, and convert my coaster hub to freewheel. Then I'm putting a thumb throttle on the right side.
I think it will be much nicer to ride with some real solid bars and fixed grips, and with the ability to move the pedals around where I like. I thought about parting out this bike or selling off the motor, but I think I'll just change it up a little and ride it for all it's worth.

http://images1.americanlisted.com/nl...a_24968177.jpg The BMX is too small for me and the wheels suck. The frame, bar and stem seem pretty good though.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 AM

I did a couple things over the last week. replaced my homemade throttle setup with a kit throttle that another member gave me. The little plastic pin was broken off (a common occurrence on the kit throttles) so I drilled a hole and put a spare exhaust stud through it. installed it on the handlebar and it aint going anywhere. I installed two brand new tires, a new rear motor mount, a new brake lever and cable for my front drum, a new kmc Z410H-NP (nickel plated) chain. Had a time with the chain. The side plates are 20% thicker than regular 410 chain. I had to wiggle the chain back and forth a bit and help it out with a pair of pliers. I moved my bar-end mirror from my right handlebar to my left, and moved my clutch lever about an inch closer to my stem to give my hand a little extra room. I also installed a new rag on my sprocket recently, and used nylon locking nuts this time. No more red loctite on those.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 PM

Here's some sock forks,finally!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=56590120002

Not the right brakes for me,but that coloring is PERFECT for my bike,of course. And the bidding could get nasty.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

I discovered my headlight and brake light going dim about the same time. So, being a payday, I was able to pick up a crapload of batteries. Enough to have spares. Headlight and brake light are once again as bright as ever. (Then I remembered I had spares in the trunk.)

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Ordered another kit today to keep for myself (famous last words)
Old 09-15-2012, 02:41 AM

What are you using for lights? I get most of my batteries from the dollar store, when I'm not using rechargeables.

I have a motor powered headlight and tail-light on the grubee, but I haven't figured out how to run lights off my friction drive yet, so I've been using 2 x AAA rear blinkers and 3 AAA bicycle headlight, and a helmet light.

I sometimes use this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_355538-346-5...ght&facetInfo=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
I discovered my headlight and brake light going dim about the same time. So, being a payday, I was able to pick up a crapload of batteries. Enough to have spares. Headlight and brake light are once again as bright as ever. (Then I remembered I had spares in the trunk.)
Old 09-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
What are you using for lights? I get most of my batteries from the dollar store, when I'm not using rechargeables.

I have a motor powered headlight and tail-light on the grubee, but I haven't figured out how to run lights off my friction drive yet, so I've been using 2 x AAA rear blinkers and 3 AAA bicycle headlight, and a helmet light.

I sometimes use this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_355538-346-5...ght&facetInfo=
Brilliant! A 9 volt lamp puts out a beam!

Great idea, uh, how do you mount it?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_gizzle View Post
Here's some sock forks,finally!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=56590120002

Not the right brakes for me,but that coloring is PERFECT for my bike,of course. And the bidding could get nasty.
Looks like it already got nasty d giz. Almost $70 (after shipping) for USED forks. I know the good stuff goes for 3 or 4 hundred bucks new, but I'm not using my bike in competition, I don't need the best, just adequate. This is why I gave up and put solids on. I did get over to Bicycle Express and got some harder pads for it. They seem to be working fine so far.
I'm kinda wishing now that I had got a bike with a 1 1/8" headset, But so far thats the only thing I would change on my bike.
Just got an old 1940's Walker Turner drill press that works better than my newer one. ( pic is one just like it.) They used to build things to last. I'll be setting that up today if my girlfriend don't get in my way. (But that might be OK too.)
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7684-B.jpg (47.5 KB, 41 views)

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner