Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

That's cool. Rigid forks on a bicycle are right at home, even with a motor. You have to use your arm muscles some more and "pump" the bike over railroad tracks and things, but it's not so bad, especially when the fork never needs anything from an oil can, grease gun, or air pump. Fat tires are cheap suspension. Thick tubes do make a difference. Have a good ride.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Rebuilt top end of Skyhawk 80cc, started building clear gas tank for new morini build and started designing a V-Twin crank case to hopefully build on a CNC machine and eventually start selling them.

~Albert Einstein
Old 09-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Finally got my bike the way I wanted it, kinda. I really wanted a suspension fork but proved either too expensive or too much trouble for my taste. Did I ever tell ya'all I'm a cheap, lazy SOB.
Anyway, got my wind screen, speedo and cantilever brakes all hooked up and ready to go. I'm gonna stop by Bicycle Express to get some harder brake pads this morning. If everything goes alright then I'm riding it out to my girlfriends house for a little R&R. Thats about a 26 mile round trip, Wish me luck.
A couple pics if ya wanna see it. One is the entrance to my shop. Sorry about pic quality, my camera bites.
fatdaddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Finished Bike, Kinda..jpg (7.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Shop Entrance.jpg (6.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-12-2012, 12:20 PM

Fatdaddy if you are looking for cruiser disc forks,try these:

http://www.chainganglowrider.com/mob...ault.aspx#P860

I have a set and they are 20 times better than the ones I took off.

And they look kinda factory on the "Suicide".
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Maybe this link will work.

http://www.chainganglowrider.com/Pro...L%2DFRK%2DDSC1

And I'm sure you could paint them to match your ride,which looks pretty good,by the way.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks d giz, They have some great prices. The v brakes are better than the calipers I had but could be better still. Looks like I'm going with disc after all.
Thanks for the compliment on the bike. I've put a lot into it and am just enjoying riding it now that I'm finished with it, (kinda). I'm on my girlfriends computer and it's another 13 or 14 mile trip to get home. The bike ran great all the way here and should do the same going home.
So I'm gonna start saving my pennies for the disc fork and wheel setup. Stuck with the V brakes for now. That will change ASAP.
fatdaddy.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:26 PM

For US buyers, check out http://custommotoredbicycles.com/yah...795130_std.jpg Custom Motored Bicycles website. She has a generic mountain bike suspension fork with 1" threaded head tube, disc tabs and v-brake posts! $60

She has a bunch of springer forks, too. I think she has kits for disc brakes, and they can use a rear hub/wheel with an adapter screwed on instead of freewheel, to hold the brake rotor.

Thanks for the link. I will have to see what the shipping and duties bring that to in Texas.
I will just stick with the rigid fork and v-brake plate, but I'll pass it on for the Dax Friction Drive Fan Club and friends.

Edit. I thought I saw a disc brake suspension fork in there, but maybe I'm mistaken. They do have a 26" rigid fork with disc tabs and 1" steerer, though.

http://www.chainganglowrider.com/Sea...lts.asp?Cat=37
There. You have to buy the "disc brake kit" and the springer fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_gizzle View Post
Fatdaddy if you are looking for cruiser disc forks,try these:

http://www.chainganglowrider.com/mob...ault.aspx#P860

I have a set and they are 20 times better than the ones I took off.

And they look kinda factory on the "Suicide".

Last edited by happycheapskate; 09-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM

No prob Happy,jusy trying to help. You may want to buy the disc kit from cyclesus.com as their dollar is worth more than ours so make sure to convert from cad to usd.

Chaingang and cyclesus both sell Zoom brand disc calipers,I believe.

I actually bought quite a lot from them at one time. One of them being the rear freewheel to convert to a front disc wheel,and disc brake w/adapter. Needless to say,although they advertise that this is possible,I'm here to tell you its not.
The rear wheel in question(24" wheel) is dished for a freewheel cluster. Tried it out anyway. Wouldn't fit in the custom forks I bought from them!

So now I have a sprocket on a ragjoint mount(temporary) on the regular wheel and a top hat adapter for the disc rear wheel I also bought.

Not to crap on them,just so you know,you know?
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator

i ordered a mount for my headlight from them and just received it.i found the site thru a google search for a light mount. i also talked to her on the phone. nice lady with a nice business and lots of ods and ends available
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
For US buyers, check out http://custommotoredbicycles.com/yah...795130_std.jpg Custom Motored Bicycles website. She has a generic mountain bike suspension fork with 1" threaded head tube, disc tabs and v-brake posts! $60

She has a bunch of springer forks, too. I think she has kits for disc brakes, and they can use a rear hub/wheel with an adapter screwed on instead of freewheel, to hold the brake rotor.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 PM

Having my old rear hub overhauled; bearings went out, so I talked to the LBS and they ordered me another "identical" wheel. Turns out it doesn't have disc-brake mounts, so I can't mount my sprocket because even a rag-joint doesn't fit, and I don't want to use that anyway. I want to use the Top Hat adapter I ordered for the wheel. I can't return the wheel, but they're getting new hardware for my old hub so I can use that again. Spokes have a little bit of wear from the ragjoint I had on them, but when they go south I'll just relace them with heavier gauge.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner