Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

So my china chain broke finally. It could have been worse. Gonna get one that says usa on it. Then american bolts for a tensioner that i didnt haveinstalled. I just broke the chain and it was a straight wheel to engine thingy. Sooff to a small engine shop tomorrowso its fixed before work.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Brake arm got here, finally. It's a Wald and it's about 1.5x as thick as the CYY Chinese one that broke. I need to find someone with a oxy torch to heat it up and bend it. My propane torch won't come close to getting it hot enough to bend and I don't need to break another.

The X is here so it's takeing me forever to get this posted
If your torch can burn MAPP gas too, that should be able to get it cherry red hot, plenty hot enough to bend it safely.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 AM

You might also be able to get a wood fire that hot in a burn barrel or something, by using a small fan. I made and tempered a ferrous steel lawnmower blade by heating it in a wood fired bbq pit.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 AM

I rode mine today down some country road being re-worked by the county. Right now it's a dirt road and traffic is slow, good for motorized bicycle riding around the neighborhood. A big mean labrador at the end of the road came out of its yard to chase and growl. I thought I'd fixed this one's wagon, but it took an interest in my kid in the trailer. I hit it in the chest with a big old rock and it ran off crying back to its nest. Hooray. Hope that old pest learned (again) not to mess with me. :-)
Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 AM

Changed the oil,rebuilt the custom throttle linkage,and then went for a 15 mile ride in town. Had problems with the one way but I can now pop it back in with no tools so no big whoop. May start building/selling for my local community. I want to see everyone riding a MB!

Last edited by d_gizzle; 07-16-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Nice Kitchen. That's my kinda Kitchen
Quote:
It was one heck of a lucky guess man.
OK so a few days riding with my new spark plug set up and the WOT section of the carb a bit way too rich to test my plug. It would almost flood completely out engine off at times lol, but would wake back up in good order when playing with it at flat out. The plug came out with flying colors seams as I can't fowl it now!!

So now I have managed to lower my needle to the second notch tonight . My goal is to finesse this needle to the first notch. Why?? I will have the carb slide open just a smidgeon more for MORE AIR to get in .. Want all I can out of this 21mm carby during all phases of lower cruising throttle! So far so good.

Got bored lol wanted to chase that little two or more percent of power. Have not changed the main jet just the needle got sanded in the one spot and the fuel adjustment screw opened up a lot. basically WOT is stable on the mark now perfect and lower throttle is just a tad foggier off the line with a new experimental higher flow air filter to boot.

So speculating sanding it one more time , dropping to the top notch and putting a bigger idle jet in

Sometime next week.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 PM

Soldered my front disc-brake cable in place because it was slipping, adjusted my rear brakes, and rode out on some old country roads to find, to my happiness, that I can get 30mph going up a slight grade. =) And with my completely new clutch, I can idle LOW. Really low. It just purrrrs. Hoping some of my aberrant engine noise quiets down so it's always that quiet.

I'm new to 2-stroke motors, and when I was running my first batch of break-in mix my motor never got too hot to touch. Well, I put in some 36:1 and wow! More power, but it gets hot fast! I thought this was unusual so I added a little more oil in to bring it down to about 25:1. I googled it later and I guess it was running at more-or-less appropriate temps, so I'll dilute it after I burn some of it off... just another excuse to go riding around =)

I'm finally getting assisted by my motorized bicycle instead of the other way around =) All I have to do now is get a proper fuel/oil mix and then check air/fuel mix, I know I'm rich on the top end...

Last edited by xenodius; 07-20-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Gutter Rider

Concluded my jetting I think this is as good as it gets? Took my PHBG 21mm Dellorto carb from w7 needle 3rd notch down and a pilot of 48..... After re-timing the needle. ''sanded the tip down a bit chucked up in a drill'' That dropped my needle to the middle second notch and put me into a 60 pilot jet. ''never touched the main''.

This leaned out the bottom end a lot by dropping that sanded w7 needle a notch. For a couple of days had to think real hard where I would go with it next. Had the fuel mixture screw sitting right at 3 turns out . Just teasing me until tonight. lol. Now it is 2 turns out and just a bit too rich. Should be great! Dead on there in the winter. Prolly will have it at around 1 1/2 tomorrow.

What did I get from it it? A stronger lower RPM torque on through to the top. Nearly lost my 10 mph cruise ability tho. Cannot go as low as 5 mph at times any more.

Concluded that any more mods will be going backwards? It will be a on off switch lol. Had to do my jetting late at night because it is cooler outside and later into fall weather I could get my curiosity satisfied as to how well it will do in the winter? Perfection..just when I thought I could never top what I had?

Working in a small engine shop has broadened my horizons . Jetted a lot of crap lately! Just did a little Chinese 50cc street legal moped last week. Boy howdy did that thing run rich at this altitude until a main jet fix. Soldered and re-drilled.

There Is No Solder In My Del 21mm.................

A simple touch of the Idle air fuel adjustment and its all gonna be rock and roll. Rock be rocked or step aside! Morini baby
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Staff

Quote:

Rock be rocked or step aside!

Morini baby
LOL Goat, when I get the shop set up, remind me of this and I will make you a tshirt or bumper sticker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
LOL Goat, when I get the shop set up, remind me of this and I will make you a tshirt or bumper sticker
That would be Kewl as all get go! I will go for that ! Got to ride more today. Went out for a big ol full size Strawberry rhubarb pie and milk. Got home and quickly busted into the pie. Went for a swig of milk and the milk was sour lol.

Had not run into that scenario in about ten years guess it was about time to try that again? Promptly went back to the store for a gallon with a different date. Almost ruined a darn good pie! I quickly got over it.

Turned that screw down to just about one turn out. Ran flawlessly.. could go slow enough to fall over and everything in between. Gotta put a tac back on it it to check? Idles perfectly down really low!

Guessing about 900 or so mebbe slower? It has a neat gurgling sound idling . When idling around the neighborhood it is very quiet and has a gentle crackle to it when off the gas that never occurs any other time. Loving the sound note of it! Pretty darn happy with it.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner