Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

for over $50 I ask that it be sent signature delivery even tho it does cost a $1 more
Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 PM

That only work if the mail carrier service actually rings your doorbell. I pay for signature delivery on EVERYTHING I order online. I got a pair of handlebar grips 3 days ago and the box looked like they just kicked it around. Did the postman ring the bell?

NO!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 PM

I emailed Suburban Bike yesterday to check on the status and no response as yet. They are a pretty well established business and for the price of the part I would assume they will use tracking so I'm not too concerned about the fork getting "lost". I'm just anxious to have the fork and to get it installed!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 PM

I could be wrong,but unless it says so on the website,you are the one that picks the type of shipping.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Staff

I feel for you Harold. I think we all have had our hopes dashed as the truck drives past but to have them stop and still nothing! That is just wrong.

Should be studied by the AMA. "Drive-by syndrome" (LOL, OK, that needs work)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 PM

Motostrano site shows the fork out of stock as well and I'm pretty sure at this point I would have rec'd notification that it had shipped with a tracking number. I just thought it was a mildly amusing anecdote. Grown man, waiting at the mailbox for his latest toy....
Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Staff

LOL, big time birthday morning thing feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Wish me luck. I'll be heading out tomorrow to a Ride-in Bike Show at Indy's own Eiteljorg Museum, as sorta part of the Steel Ponies exhibit. It's not so much a big formal thing, but Easy Riders Magazine photographer Michael Farabaugh is supposed to be there. And I intend to take a few pics of my own, and post some here. So I have spent most of this evening going over my bike, top to bottom, tightening any nuts or bolts that seemed they should be tighter (not many of these) and checking my engine mounts, chains, cables, fuel delivery, tire pressure, lights, etc. etc.

Then, of course, I went out for a very pleasant evening cruise. And I have to say, I am probably the last guy to jump on the "China Girl Haters" bandwagon. While I have to agree: these are certainly not Morinis or even Hondas, I must say mine is fairly decent by a long way. And probably more reliable than any HT 2-stroke was ever expected to be. As my old Dodge Caravan grows more temperamental with each passing year, I find myself making more local jaunts with the bike. And trying to keep most jaunts local.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 07-13-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 PM

Got my new headlight from wonderful creations on ebay today and installed it. It has a built-in voltage regulator, so I'm running it off the white wire with a toggle switch in between. I don't really like the mounting position I chose as much as I thought I would, so next chance I get, I will use the clamp it came with to mount it on my handlebar stem. Other things I dod today were adjust my rear axle and bottom bracket and make a support to keep my improvised saddlebag out of my spokes. The spokes were rubbing it a bit and giving me a wobbly feeling at high speed. I also put the original coaster brake clamp back on. I previously had used it for another project that I no longer needed it for, but didn't realize I still had it lol. I was using some cheap aluminum strapping on the coaster brake arm that was starting to bend, so when I realized I still had the original clamp, I decided immediately it was going back on. So that's what I did today, lol.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
Wish me luck. I'll be heading out tomorrow to a Ride-in Bike Show at Indy's own Eiteljorg Museum, as sorta part of the Steel Ponies exhibit. It's not so much a big formal thing, but Easy Riders Magazine photographer Michael Farabaugh is supposed to be there. And I intend to take a few pics of my own, and post some here.
Wow, that sounds awesome! Good luck Looking forward to those pics, for sure!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner