Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Wow! Your choke does something? Mine only kills the engine!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Blew out a crankshaft bearing on my morini s6c water cooled. Pulled the engine off the bike, and took the engine apart. Swapped out the bearing and seal from another engine, and put it all back together. Also rethreaded the mounting studs on my friends china girl, and repaired his cluth pin. Quite the day of bike repairs. Happy riding!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

A friend and fellow MotorBiker gave me a iridium spark plug and a high performance plug wire. I gave away my last NGKB6HS on a customer repair so all I had left was a Denso plug, (junk.) So after I changed out my carb jet to a 64 and it STILL wasn't running right,(rich,) I was just gonna go get a B6HS. I put in the plug and changed the wire and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The beastie still takes a minute to warm up, but once she does the little thing SINGS to me.
I always knew the plug and wire could make a difference, I just didn't know HOW MUCH untill now.
I was so happy I rode it over to my girlfriends house, (a 20 mile round trip,) to celebrate.
fatdaddy.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLongueCarabine View Post
Wow! Your choke does something? Mine only kills the engine!
Well, I only really need it below 6o or 65 degrees. But I do quite a bit of riding in the evening when it's cooler.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 06-11-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletinman View Post
I replaced the rear tire (it was an old mtb tire what made me feel every bump in the road) with a Kenda K838 Slick Wire Bead Bicycle Tire (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00) and wow what a difference! It rides sooo smoothly on pavement and off road. Plus a LOT better grip on asphalt.

I then tuned my carb by moving the needle from the mid position to second from the top. I gained 5-7 mph to my top speed (i was only getting 20, with a 66cc, and 41t). Most of my four stroking problem is gone and I have a lot of power. Going to move it to the top position next and see if that helps anymore.

I then re-installed my rear rack and put new screws in all the holdings, two had fallen out over the last few months.

Next i'll be adding my turn signals!
For turn signals I did this on front,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280594187859...84.m1497.l2648

And I used some trailer side lights for the rear. If you don't have boxes on your bike you could use these front and back. their not too expensive and it's kinda a bullet light.
fatdaddy.
I gotta get a better camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear signals.jpg (7.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Front Signals.jpg (7.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Nothing today, but I think tomorrow I'm going to flip my tank over and fix the gas valve again to keep it from leaking, then mix up some "broke-in" fuel.

I've put 50+ mi on it and 1 gallon of gas, I'm ready for less oil. lol
What should I run? 32:1 or 40:1? I am running synthetic, not dino.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletinman View Post
I then tuned my carb by moving the needle from the mid position to second from the top. I gained 5-7 mph to my top speed (i was only getting 20, with a 66cc, and 41t). Most of my four stroking problem is gone and I have a lot of power. Going to move it to the top position next and see if that helps anymore.

Remember, the slide needle has very little to no effect on throttle positions greater than 3/4 open throttle.
If you are still experiencing a rich condition beyond 3/4 open throttle, a re-jet is in order.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 06-12-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge dude94 View Post
I've put 50+ mi on it and 1 gallon of gas, I'm ready for less oil. lol
What should I run? 32:1 or 40:1? I am running synthetic, not dino.
Either ratio should work well. The ultimate decision breaker is the ratio that your particular oil is designed to run at. Research it if the bottle does not give this information. If researching it comes up with nothing, better to err on the safe side and go with 32:1.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNut View Post
Either ratio should work well. The ultimate decision breaker is the ratio that your particular oil is designed to run at. Research it if the bottle does not give this information. If researching it comes up with nothing, better to err on the safe side and go with 32:1.
I use the same oil for my string trimmer (40:1) and chainsaw (50:1).
The bottle has fill lines for both ratios. I currently have gas for my trimmer handy, should I throw some of that in it to see how it runs?
I know some dirtbikes run 40:1 and those engines make more power and produce more heat than our HT engines, so that's why I was wondering.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:52 AM

When considering a ratio for these cheap, made from recycled beer cans and coat hangers engines, the more lube in it, the better for the poor quality internals.
There are a few highly regarded exceptions to that train of thought though, Opti2 comes to mind.
If you want an "education" on the subject, sit back, grab your favorite beverage and snack food, and read this: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=9850

Last edited by GearNut; 06-12-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner