Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Yaaaaa payday

Went downtown and got the tank parts I needed. Cycle Salvage for the gas caps and Andy's Supply for the brass parts. I've been watching eBay for the caps but they might as well be made from gold, $50-60 for the caps + shipping . I found a chrome cap for the dummy cap and a black plastic vented one for the filler. I can run a vent tube over and into the headpipe.

Found a guy to rebuild the front wheel with the Sturmey Archer Drum Dyno hub. I'm having him try the 4 cross lacing first, I might not have to get new spokes that way. At a $1.50 per spoke x 36 that would be a pretty good savings.

Still need to order a hub sprocket, 3/4" dia shaft. It's ment to be an engine hub. I have an old 1" gokart axel that I'm taking the disk off of. Its held to the hub with 6 rivets, grind the rivet heads off and I have a disk to go on the hub This is for Scotto's disk break setup on a jackshaft. I've had a brake for minibikes/lawn tractors/gokarts for years. Pretty simple but effective.

It's all coming together

Last edited by DaveC; 06-02-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:00 PM

did a few things recently. changed from cruiser bars to straight bars, moved my brake light to the back of my rack so I could put my seat all the way back, put metal shims in my luggage rack mount, and have been working on installing a smaller pedal gear for easier pedalling. That will be done tomorrow. took the pedal gears off of a mountain bike.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 PM

went to go out for a ride ... made it down the block ....downpour of rain ..... hit the apron of my garage rear tire went flat , got new tube changed that out, found out rear bearings had gotten a smidge loose snugged those up , eyeballed a change to my chopper thats comming over the winter street sweeper chrome rear fender with duck tails an front the same . rain quit an finally got a nice lil ride . almost did the fender swap before the rain stopped but really wanted to just ride .
Gary
Old 06-03-2012, 08:19 PM

got my bike all done today. finished installing the smaller pedal gear. also put some exhaust putty on my head pipe to seal out leaks, put a little air in the tires, adjusted the brakes, and took a few pics. renaming the bike "Something Wicked".
Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM

I finally got around to putting the ammo box/side cases on my Hussy. I've been talking about it for three months so it was about time. I THINK that's the last thing to go on it, well, unless I can think of something else.
I now have headlights and tail lights, brake light, turn signals (front and back,) and a horn. My battery and electrics are tucked away in the left box, and the right side is for tools and rags and such. So far it's been working out great. All that's left is to put a lock on the boxes.
Big Red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ammo Box side case.jpg (9.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 AM

Sweet!!! are those .30 cal boxes?

meanwhile, I took my beastie out for a romp, had a grand old time! not so much as a hiccough! More reliable than my first car and three times as pretty! This thing is in it's third year of operation and it just gets better... OH! If yer carb float tends to flood with fuel (common on the NT carb), here's what you do-
use the smallest drill bit you can find and drill into the SIDE of the float right where it's glued together... rotate 180 and drill into the opposite side, Use a bit of air pressure on one hole to expell fuel from the other. Allow to dry for a week. Swab the inside fenistration (created hole) with grey PVC cement (assuming this is an NT carb) as well as the seam where it's glued together covering the holes you drilled. Allow to set for 48 hrs. Assemble your carb and forget about it.
the Old Sgt.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Those are 7.62mm cans. Got em from San Carlos Surplus here in San Jo. I think their Just a little smaller than the 30mm boxes. So now I have all my electrics neatly tucked away and the other side for tools, rags and such. Still need to put some kind of lock on them.
I don't know if my bike is more reliable than my first car, I know I use it more than I use the car I have now. The only times I don't use my bike is if it's too cold or too wet. I'll be riding it around today again to go pay some bills. No parking problems with the Hussy.
fatdaddy.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:13 PM

played with the bike a bit today. Put the Banana seat a little lower. Played with the tensioner a little. Took it for a spin, and it runs like a dream.

This is probably the last pic I take of it. I'm going to take the motor off this one, and put it on the other one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike1.jpg (178.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg bike2.jpg (104.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-04-2012, 03:49 PM

Was planning a good cruise till a dang tree decided to come down Saturday night...

Gonna be sore for a few days I think.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Staff

Oh man killer! Glad no one was under that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner