Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

got the drifter put together and running,still need to trim and mount rear fender also plan on reinforcing the flimsy mounts. need to finish painting engine,then its on with the for sale sign plan on getting 600 for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-CIMG0421.jpg (193.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Put a Briggs tube muffler inside my broken exhaust pipe. Used Tiger Patch wrapped around the Briggs tube to make it fit snugly, then drilled and put a bolt through the pipe to hold the tube muffler in. Sounds good, runs good, problem solved.

Where'd I ride to? Rode an abandoned railroad bed from Clarksville, IN to New Albany, IN, then rode along the Ohio River back to Clarksville, then back home to Jeffersonville, IN. Not to mention my trip to Sunday night church a couple miles up the road. It's fun having a China Girl as a daily driver . . .
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Guy came over couple days ago. He'd been here before, we got his bike to going after he made contact with me here. He'd been back a few times, need ing this and that. This time it was a spring clip lock for the master link. Seems he was helping a friend on his build and it snapped. I just happened to have one for a Chinee chain. I'm switching to 41 chain on my bike so there was no problem with that.

I'll be getting back to what I was doing as soon as the new aircleaner gets here. Didn't want to have problems with clearance. I got the smallest K&N to fit the Dellorto I could find but I had to have it before making motor mounts. Now I can move ahead
Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 AM

I rode mine about 45-50 miles today, to do some farm work. I made the round trip (20-25mi each way) on less than 1/2 gallon of fuel. The US Plastics tank was great. I filled it up 90% before I left, and it never sloshed or spilled out of the cap. The ride was very stable and it was nice to just floor it the whole way without worrying about running out of gas.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 AM

I took a ride to my AAA office to pay for my truck tags & insurance. Talked to a guy that has a china girl, said he was going to the Venice ride on the 20th. From Riverside...
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM

think i may have broken my connecting rod :<

went over a really nasty bump and now i hear rattling inside the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM

welp wasn't the connecting rod, or anything inside the engine for that matter. hhmm nothing to worry too much about i guess, just keep an eye on the drive train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:01 PM

well ive got everything pretty good sofar i found out that when t took the filter off it ran just right i recken cause of the cns carb more air thru it is better cause of the way my float is so i took a pair of knee high <black> and streched it over and still bogen so now i just covered with one layer before it two layered so may be this will help someone else but i have yet to run it with one layer <rain> reply if u no of some thing better tried another filter same bogin but without it is really startin to be funnnn
Old 05-08-2012, 06:54 PM

Arrow Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rubber plumbing boot over carb or velocity stack, hose clamp or zip tie over big Ace bandage. Works great, lasts a long time, and it's washable or disposable. A $3 roll makes 15+ filters.

You can even lay out the new patches on a board and hit them with spray paint a little bit, still works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weediez View Post
well ive got everything pretty good sofar i found out that when t took the filter off it ran just right i recken cause of the cns carb more air thru it is better cause of the way my float is so i took a pair of knee high <black> and streched it over and still bogen so now i just covered with one layer before it two layered so may be this will help someone else but i have yet to run it with one layer <rain> reply if u no of some thing better tried another filter same bogin but without it is really startin to be funnnn
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Had to take everything off because I put the donut pads on wrong. Put the 2 donuts on the rim on one side when your suppose to one inside the rim AND outside the rim. I didn't have to unscrew everything but everything needed to be loosened. DUH!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner