Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
What is 'JetHot' coating?
Sounds good!

HCS... I kinda like that schwinn avenue bike.
Where can I get a bargain deal on those fancy wheels in the following pics?
I'd like to try them one day. :-)
rc
http://www.jet-hot.com/
Old 04-13-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Sounds good!
http://www.jet-hot.com/coatings/

It is an awesome coating that easily outlasts chrome and boosts performance too!

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 04-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Gutter Rider

GN, did you get the Extreme 2000 with the gritty, textured coating, to help subdue the engine sound?
Kool stuff!
rc
Old 04-13-2012, 05:51 PM

After a short discussion on all the different coatings and finishes that FSI offers, I just decided on Jet-Hot, no particular one other than I am over budget on this project and I want it polished. I assume that it will be the Extreme 1300 polished. FSI outsources the Jet-Hot as they do not do any polishing in house, only coatings. I could have had the exhaust copper coated, brass coated, nickle coated, titanuim coated, all sorts of coatings to choose from. But.....I wanted it all done under 1 roof so if the unexpected happens they can take care of it right there instead of me driving across town from one business to another for the separate coating and polishing procedures.
One stop shopping.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 04-14-2012, 05:16 AM

The Schwinn Avenue is a Walmart special, $240, half that or less at garage sales around the country. The stock tires are decent, and the bike is a practical commuter and pretty tough. I used to ride it fast on singletrack mtn bike trails just for the heck of it. It corners well, but the narrow tires and low bottom bracket make it challenging. It's more like a cheap cyclocross bike with mtn handlebars.

The "fancy" wheels came on it. They are dirt cheap conventional hubs with chinese aero rims. They have survived some beating, but I am very particular about my wheel run-out. I'd rather have a 36 hole 3x set on this bike. Under pedaling power, with road tires, the aero rims do make a noticeable difference. With super tubes, fat urban tires, and a motor, its just for looks.

If you buy this bike, grease everything bc. the factory didn't! And tighten up your spokes before you move it 1 mile. Then it will be a durable bike, esp for a low cash bike.

Quote:
Sounds good!

HCS... I kinda like that schwinn avenue bike.
Where can I get a bargain deal on those fancy wheels in the following pics?
I'd like to try them one day. :-)
rc
Old 04-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I have done nothing today, I am a very new user and cannot figure out how to start a new thread or post or whatever its called. I do have a project scooter with a homelite 240 engine on it. I am needing help with my direct drive set up. if someone could help me figure this new post stuff i'd appreciate it
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Staff

Howdy Native. To start a new thread, go to the section you want. Say 2 stroke. Just above where it says "Threads in forum" is a button marked "New thread" Just click on that. (Upper left)

Just below "2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits 2 stroke motorized bicycle engine kits need careful installation and setup, find out how from our professionals here!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySW7X2STmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Last edited by Dan; 04-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

$#@%$#@ing cold front! It's been lasting for days. This Alumaweld I've been using on my new tank is finicky. Even with an electric warming plate helping me out, if the temperature goes below 60 degrees F. I can't do anything good with it. So here I am at home, inside, waiting for a warm front. Longing to finish my new tank.
But the rest of you feel free to keep writing. I read your stuff so that I can get my motorized bicycle fix vicariously.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I finished my build today...... only took me a week but all that matters is that its done and running. When I was finally able to take it for a ride I went all the way to my friends house to show him and let him take it for a spin. This bike already is so much fun to ride and I can't wait to spend more time on the seat.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:50 AM

Ride safe and enjoy motorbikelasvegas,

You may encounter some frustration along the motor biking way, but just look at it as part of the process and part of the fun of wrenching on something so unique and fun, these motor bikes are an adventure that continues, but it's well worth the effort for those who really love it.

Peace, Map

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner