Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Last night after the crash I fixed the gas leaver and went for another ride and glad to say it was just a throttle adjustment. Funny thing is though that when I was on the ride home after the crash whilst the gas leaver was broke I thought I was pulling the cable out all the way there must have been just a slight difference. I still can not figure out what exactly made the difference but I don't care I do not want to hurt the brain any nore and besides it is back to the way it was. Now I need a good brake leaver and a way to put the stop in the new leaver. hhhhmmmmmm time for a fresh hot bowl of leafy salad greens to make the imagination get going peace out

Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 PM

Mounted my Stewart-Warner with what looks to be precisely just enough cable.
SWEET!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Staff

Some awesome work Solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM

on my way to work just over half way my motor gradually lost speed and died at w.o.t. i tought it was starving for fuel or something so i coasted into a parking lot let out the clutch and it started up fine but started making a grinding noise i thought that it may be bearings going out cause my crank shaft slides in and out. Well i left it at work cause it didnt want to mess it up the grinding noise is from motor cause it does it in nuatral and there is no vibration runs like normal revs high same acceleration but makes grinding noise

any thoughts on what this could be im thinking bearings but then there would be wobble right? and vibration?

Last edited by 2door; 12-17-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Im at the last of my boardtrack build, spent the first part of the day on my vertical mill machining up mounts for the nitrous tank and a trigger system. Spent the afternoon on small test runs and adjustments. I am waiting for a one-way bearing to get here but in the mean time I machined up a solid pc of steel with a key way both on the inside bore and on the outside diameter and let the centrifical cluch do the free wheeling.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 AM

so i stored the beast runt outside of work aver night and almost couldnt start it the only thing that kept me cranking err over was the thought of peddling all the way home

it mae the noise all the way home but therre was no loss in performance im sure its a bearing going out it reminds me of a water pump going out or a bad pully
Old 12-17-2010, 02:44 PM

Sat at work and tracked 4 packages being delivered to the house coming from all different places with parts for the bike. And I'm still stuck at work. Oh well...It will be a fun weekend. COME ON 4:30!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:09 PM

I bought a tank for $35.00 to put on my OCC chopper, the guy threw in a bicycle with it.

2 Bicycles
Old 12-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Staff

Score Hammond! cool

Played with the mixture screw. Huge difference. Smooth and idles sweet! Aside from that, not a thing. (does getting gas count? snork) Pretty much rode around all after noon doing nutton but grin.

This is by far my favorite build. Just butter smooth, with half the calories. The springer forks are a now must have part of my builds. The cheap kmart bicycle is awesome and gonna buy a few more. Never did finish shoring up rear fender aside from the strap.

Stopped to see some buddies and drop off their presents. (Holiday's) We are talking about renting or buying a barn or old factory to use as a shop and store. Is to be called the "Man-Cave" Sort of a used car, scooter, ATV, MC, tools, junk, ultralight aircraft and motorized bicycles store geared and with a target consumer of folks like us here. Ya know, the not quite right and half a bubble off plumb crowd. (hehe, that's gonna be in the mission statement)

MBs. Got off of work and was tired. Not unhappy at all but not thrilled with it all either. Before getting out of the drive way was ecstatic and just happy about it all. Bunch of stuff I won't bore you with goes great and every thing is better with a sunny day and a cool MB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-17-2010, 11:50 PM

Got tired of getting flats from riding along the motorways to work due to bits of short metal strand about the thickness of a lever cable from ppls tires finding there way into my tyresand piercing the tube.
Got a mid-worn slick cut off the sidewalls and chucked that between the outer tyre and the thick slime tube yet to see if I can make it a week without another slow leak on my hands. Fingers are crossed anyways.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner