Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Talking Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
today, outside of visiting the forum a coupla times to check on saturday's race pictures and stuff, i did absolutely nothing with motored bikes today. didn't even look in the garage.

tomorrow i need to buy and install a fuel line for my daily rider.

after working on my bike all day at the track, then breaking the frame in practice, i kinda don't give a crap about my bikes right now.

it'll pass, though. no worries...
What this really means is Baird is working on a super secret race bike that you won't know about until you line up at the next race. Shhhhush, don't let him know I told you.....it is top secret. Act surprised on the starting line and let him get the hole shot......he'll never suspect a thing that way

ps don't let him win or the cats out of the bag.....act natural and deny any and all allegations......and don't laugh....it's a dead givaway!
Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy respect.....you have to earn it"
==================================================
Old 04-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well haha took the advise of someone to take off head check engine for shavings and advised I really didnt need a torque wrench. (This was pre build check) I got one was just too lazy to dig it out of the pile in the corner I got during a remodel i have going on.

But on point so when I tightened head after checking I was way light i guess. Head gasket leaking like crap after first ride Blowing oil all over. SO off with the head ( dug out torque wrench) and reassembled. UH OH put head on backwards DUH Took off head and that was the third time using metal gasket. Tightened to 150 lb but then i thought I saw space between gasket and seal. Off with the head again. Looked at gasket and dang it had a great seal. Was afraid to use gasket for the 4th time but then it dawned on me get Copper gasket seal. SO I did painted gasket good and put it on and then torqued down to 175 lb.

Sealed her up good and off I went chug chug varooommmm..... I would of never known how tight to go with out torque wrench though...I would of never tightened that much by feel. Glad i did that... She is holding steady and running like a bat out of he11
Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Smile Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

This afternoon i added a choke cable to my dellorto, even though it dosent need it. and ran out of fuel....

P1000616.JPG

P1000617.JPG

P1000618.JPG
Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Got close to putting the 47:1 ratio 6 pulley 2 jackshaft 3 belt to a test, but it got dark and will line up the pulleys better and see next time.

I looked at the approximate ratios as it goes Centrifugal clutch pulley about 2 inch to 10 inch top 1st jack shaft. This makes a Reduction of 5.

From that live jackshaft top across to a 2 inch pulley and on downward to 2nd lower jackshaft with 4 inch pulley. This makes a Reduction of 2.

From that live jackshaft back the other way across to a 2 inch pulley and back to the 10 inch drive pulley mounted on the rear wheel spoke for drive tire 26 inch diameter. (discounting the tire diameter just yet) This makes a Reduction of 5.

Approximate 5 times 2 times 5 equals 50 Reduction total. The more exact pulley sizes I recall I checked gave the ratio of 47:1.

Now if I were to want to switch from parade speed that the 50:1 makes about 3.5 to 5.5 mph with 2200 rpm to 3500 rpm, I’m looking at swapping the 2 inch pulley that goes to the 4 inch pulley reversed. This will be a gearing up of 2 then. So call it a divide by 2. With the other two ratios left the same as a pair of 5’s then, 5 times 5 equals 25. 25 divide by 2 equals 12.5 which make 14 to 22 mph with 2200 rpm to 3500 rpm. I’m going to want about twice that at a 25:1 ratio for 7 to 11 mph for some good hill climbing speed for dirt bike off roading.

Brain $^%U, an ahhha … all I need to do is take the 4 inch pulleys out and replace with a 2 inch pulley an extra to have around. Then 2 inch to 2 inch does neither gearing up or down. Then I retain 25:1 that I will have to see how it handles with the centrifugal clutch trying to get up to speed without heating up the clutch too much between to idle at 1750 rpm getting going 2000 rpm to 2200 rpm where the clutch shoes to be solid on the bell housing.

MT

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 04-09-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:08 PM

cleaned out the garage for a rebuild. I think I'm taking the motor off my cruiser & putting it on a mt bike.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 PM

I ran a few errands on it. Other than riding it, I did nothing to it. It's perfect, just perfect.

And I do know how dangerous it is to say stuff like that.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Gutter Rider

Simply road it ..
Old 04-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

shoved my muffler full of Stainles steel wool, i used stainless because it dosent burn like the normal stuff
Old 04-10-2012, 04:47 PM

I made some 4-to-a-page flyers/cards for the curious georges, and I'm getting some fresh gas and snacks for a ride today, if it doesn't rain this evening.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM

Redesigning a mount for my 31cc friction drive so that it fits a Next-Avalon 7speed full suspension bike.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner