Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Fugit, does your cable or throttle system have a barrel adjuster to lengthen the housing overall length? (should be one on the carb if it's an NT, and one near the throttle twister. That might help to keep the cable end from springing out.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I Finished Tuning my Engine Since i Installed reed valves on it XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR4dqSf16xE
Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugit View Post
I fired up my second build today using the 66cc motor on a 3g Isla Vista. She went chug chug chug varooooommmmm....

Pirate Adapter/Sprocket/Chain upgrade. Manic's moutor mounts. That baby frigging sruises. I stripped out the kill switch throttle housing somehow so the throttle goes past the "0" point forward and kicks the cable out of the housing. I ordered a new kill switch to correct.

But I stil lam breaking it in I just need to be a bit careful not to push thrpottle past that point. I have the needle valve set to 2nd to lowest setting to start but opened her up and put on third from bottom. Checked everything for tightness.

Also, bought a wireless turn signals ( bicygnals) and set all that up but ended up removing them. They are not working right for me for some reason. They worked fine without the bike started but after rolling around with engine on the back turn indicators didnt work. I tried it a few times but I think that they vibrate too much and that screws up the "synchronicity" between units and/ or some how the 2.4 ghz signal gets jammed. Oh well

I will try the cheap chinese ones next.
You know, I wondered about that, Fugit. Your's is a 66 cc China Girl, right? With my first bike, about two years ago, I went out on a ride and I took my cordless phone handset with me to test the range. I can't remember the brand anymore; it was a translucent purple 2.4 gig thing that I don't have anymore. But I remember that no matter how close I was to the house I always had static. I just thought it was the phone, but now I wonder, because it worked fine when I was on foot. When I had the bike idling - static. Maybe it needs one of those things (can't think of the proper name) that they put in cars to cancel static coming in on the radio speakers from the motor.
Say, I wonder what havoc I've been causing by just puttering around our community here. How many people have been on the phone, heard me coming, and thought "Aw crap - not again!"?

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 04-07-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Gutter Rider

Nice looking machined parts you have on your engine, RSP!
A very nice chinagirl!
Have the reeds helped out your bottom end a lot?
rc
Old 04-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
You know, I wondered about that, Fugit. Your's is a 66 cc China Girl, right? With my first bike, about two years ago, I went out on a ride and I took my cordless phone handset with me to test the range. I can't remember the brand anymore; it was a translucent purple 2.4 gig thing that I don't have anymore. But I remember that no matter how close I was to the house I always had static. I just thought it was the phone, but now I wonder, because it worked fine when I was on foot. When I had the bike idling - static. Maybe it needs one of those things (can't think of the proper name) that they put in cars to cancel static coming in on the radio speakers from the motor.
Say, I wonder what havoc I've been causing by just puttering around our community here. How many people have been on the phone, heard me coming, and thought "Aw crap - not again!"?
just go to the junkyard, find the domestic car area and pull a spark wire that has the correct end you need.

these china girls come with a solid core wire that throughs EMF everywhere. cars use resistance wire which doesn't through nasty radio waves everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:45 PM

realized that i somehow got a small burn on my knee from the exhaust... header wrapped that bish! no more burns c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Smile Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
Nice looking machined parts you have on your engine, RSP!
A very nice chinagirl!
Have the reeds helped out your bottom end a lot?
rc
Hi mate i got my engine fully machined in australia by a group called rock solid engines, i love them so much as that is my name , infact very few parts of my engine are chinese , even the internals where custom machined to be exact 70.5cc & i didnt really feel a big difference in the real low end like taking of but at 1/4 throttle man it pulls like holy cr*p all the way to about 3/4 throttle then i come on the pipe thanks to the sbp expansion chamber, and i zoom to 60km/hr full throttle, i got measured by a car and im using the stock 44t sprocket
Old 04-08-2012, 01:09 AM

No burns is always good Skarrd

That's a great description Rsp! Did you have to mod your piston/transfer ports much for the reed?

Drop that 44 down to at 32/36, for more *cough* mileage
Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 AM

I fabricated a new exhaust out of scrap tubing, flat stock and a lawn mower muffler.
Will take pics of it after the sun comes up tomorrow.....hopefully.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 04-08-2012, 01:57 AM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Talking Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I raced it at Grange today......and won my class!

Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy respect.....you have to earn it"
==================================================

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner