Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I had a good ride on my friction bike. I haven't gotten the grubee out in a while, waiting on that Howard Sprocket Mount. Plus, it's not as fun as the Tanaka bike.

I rode the friction drive with my kid, to the park, and did a little light off-roading with it. We pulled up some steep hills in the rich neighborhood with the bike and trailer. The little 33cc was working hard, but didn't shake or stall. Bet the clutch got hot though.

A very nice time though. I really like the Diamondback Softee gray BMX v-brake pads. No squealing, and lots of fine control of the brakes, great stopping power.

I have been working on tidying up my cables (getting rid of the bird's nest) as I have replaced them in routine maintenance. I got a new brake cable and thicker housing, way better than the walmart stock cables on the Schwinns.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Gutter Rider

Put my Maxis Hookworms 24x2.5 on they do look smaller. I wish they made these in 24x3.0. I liked the look and feel of that larger tire. The Berm Masters I had looked very large in girth compaired to the Hookworm.

I road around on them and they do grip the road really well! I look at them and they are a great heavy duty tire. Now that I am running slicks I recon I better watch out for any patches of sand on the asphalt tho.

I am almost ready to put the L/C BoXer together. This old A/C BoXer has been a good buddy to me. Got to ride with the HookWorms more to make up my mind. The Berm Master 24X30 has been my favorite so far.

Putting a tire on my Large Marge rims has goten way easy tire spoon wise I found a great trick! My problemy now is putting fresh duct tape on the rim and the tape not sliding over when putting a tire on lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 PM

Try Gorilla Tape. It's my favorite rim tape now.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 PM

I went out for a night ride ,over to the V.F.W for pool league ( also wanted to park in the row of harleys over there hehehe) note to all who build there own head lamps pay attention to the focal length I need to move my lamp back to get a more focused beam doing that tomorrow night. other than that fantastic lil ride.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

hi to something that can help me first im new to fourms but pretty been reading this for hours and hours but short intro my is Kyle been biking and working them forever so i dont no how post just what to hear something of guick tip list of things to REALY put one together for a china girl? like loctight clean tank not afraid to take a motor also main things cant find anything on 24in wheel cruiser style frames i had some cool ideas like 26in wheels on it typing kind of cause im on ps3 thank you
Old 03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

It really sucks big-time when you haven't even got enough money to buy a gallon of gas. My bills are all paid, but my bike is empty. And this Friday is not a payday.

So, to console myself, I went over the bike in great detail, seeing what I could fine-tune, or lube, or adjust, or in general make it work better. I put some nylock nuts in places I wanted 'em but didn't have 'em before. Checked my wheel and chain alignment. Dragged out the multi-meter and checked batteries. On & on.

Oh, and earlier I finally finished the restoration on my wife's bike once & for all. It's under the thread "Lovely Bike for a Lovely Lady". She loves how it looks now. Even with her trade-mark poker face, I can tell she's pleased.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-20-2012, 05:45 AM

NOTHING. For the first time since I built it about 6 weeks ago, I parked it after a long ride and there was nothing came loose, or out of adjustment, or anything. It felt weird.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:15 PM

Finished the exhaust on it, she's coming together quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:04 AM

I have done a few things to my bike lately. Not all in one day, but in the past week or two. I put a slime tube on my rear tire, so now both wheels have slime tubes. The other day I made a new air filter cover out of an empty soup can. Today, I found a better way to mount my mirror. I took the screw out that clamps my clutch handle to my handlebar, drilled a hole straight through, and put the end of my mirror through it.

"and my time is a piece of wax, fallin' on a termite, that's chokin' on the splinters"

"If we change the way we look at things, the things we look at will change"
Old 03-21-2012, 03:07 AM

like that mirror idea i to have slimed my tires this week took the old tube and wraped them around my slime tubes then pumped them up .

holding good and i feel it ads a extra layer of rubber from the road gremlins

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34006 Link to INFIDEL 99cc predator build
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39541Link to Recumbent golden eagle build

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner