Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Yep that could have gotten a bit ugly A_Wrench.... glad you caught that when you did.

Makes me want to go over all of my spokes real good before the next ride, and I will..!

Peace,Map
Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Gutter Rider

That's very up-scale, MSR !

Looks nice!
rc
Old 03-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Spokes are the inherent weakness of spoked wheels, but mag wheels of all types have a similar weakness: any damage to them may make them unsafe to ride. But if parts are irreplaceable on a mag wheel, the whole thing is a goner. I think the best thing for mabs is 32 or 36hole double wall rim wheels with big flange hubs.

I installed a Sunlite $10 front cargo rack. It looks nice, sort of really finishes the "moped" look, for me. I installed it so I can carry a 1gal can for long rides. It was simpler than replacing the fuel tank and lines.

I put Diamondback Softee BMX v-brake shoes on the bike. I like them. They seem to grip really hard, and have thick pads. They were $2.50 a set!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrfan View Post
Thanks happy. It's a Briggs with a stock carb and moped tank.
Nice filter chrome top!

I thought that unless you were joshing me the carb was to go without an airfilter on this bike.

The pleated paper filters are I think less restrictive than the foam so I know it should be a powerful bike with the big engine.

I got my Ebay used housing parts for a thin foam pre-filter and pleated paper filter for my Briggs carb that has no needle valve adjustments and was bogging down at full throttle. Now it runs perfect at idle and all range to full. I was toying with point gap but it seems that mixture and point gap can interact and I was getting it to run somewhat better by tinkering with point gap, but the less restrictive filter was the answer I found.

I might be guessing here, but I think some carbs without adjustment are meant to match with a specific filter and the foam type was actually for a Tecumseh carb which might have been leaner or had needle valve you could adjust. I skimped for the type without adjustment, but anyway with the right filter I am happy as I got this thing solved.

MT
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 PM

changed tires,bald eagles to off road knobby's. then put them to the test in rough terrain. gave ol sgt. scruffy good ol work out in field full of ruts and mud.had a blast,cant wait till tommoro to do it again.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 PM

Been wondering what ole blacky would do at top speed since I put the 32T sprocket on the 24'' wheel & tire, this evening my brother was over on his Yamaha V Star so I ask him to ride beside me at WOT so I could know what the bike was topping out at before I bump the compression up, cleaner the ports up, change the exhaust and put a billet intake on it which I have planned for it soon.

Had a bit of a head wind but not bad, I could tell it was doing all it could on the rough dirt road and when it had hit the top he siad his speedo was straight up on 40mph, that was nice to know, I figured I was somewhere in that range but since I dont have a speedo on that bike I wasn't sure, this is my oldest engine that has had nothing at all done to it accept new mounting studs and a better intake gasket behind the stock alum. intake, it's an older BGF kit, I had a speedo on it once before and could only get 38mph with the 26'' rear tire and a 36T sprocket so it seems I picked up 2 mph by going with the 32T on a 24'' wheel, this engine has around 1500 miles on it now by my approx. figures since it had 1300+ on it when I took speedo off.

Hope this one last a very long time, it sure is a sweet running booger and it really likes the Opti2, it's all I use in all my 2 smokers.

Peace, Map

Last edited by mapbike; 03-15-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrfan View Post
My friend made a new air filter cap for me and I installed it on my race bike.

Dang! Looks awesome MSR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 03-15-2012, 01:13 AM

Here's my dax bike, towing the kid trailer. The softee brake pads are great! I wish I had found these years ago! I'm upgrading all my bikes (even road) to them in the future. They are 1/2" shorter than standard v-brake pads and just a little softer, with thick blocks. They should fit on most caliper brakes, and if they hit your fork on a road bike, you can saw them short on one end or put a nut on the brake stud.
http://www.amazon.com/Diamondback-So...bxgy_sg_text_b short version

Long version http://www.amazon.com/Diamondback-So...owViewpoints=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duc7u...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 AM

I just had my magneto out today, crimped the rivet on it tight-also had the cylinder out today and clean the carbon out of the cumbustion chamber-I hate cutting the shim gaskets out for that-the first one I cut I had to throw it out-the holes did not line up and man was I ever mad. -Almost broke one of the rings while puttin the piston back in.
Also had the carb off today and had to cut gasket for that one too. I end up throwing on a new carb so another gasket yet I had to cut.
Today, I also had my exhaust pipe and baffle off and I cleaned it out-and soaked it in gass . And had to cut yet another gasket for that out of shim material.
And then I threw in a new Champion plug.
It is now running real good!!!!.......once again. I'm putting this motor away for the summer soon anyway. Also cleaned out the exhaust port in my cylinder and cleaned the piston.

Last edited by Blakenstein; 03-16-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: adition
Old 03-16-2012, 01:03 AM

Sounds like a day well spent!

Does not come with a fortune cookie."

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner