Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I got to ride my bikes today, in between doing yard work! My black bike is complete, I still have to add front brakes a morror and lighting on the other.

http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?...pictureid=3773

Last edited by Greg58; 03-10-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Murphy's Law would dictate that, at the far end of my evening ride - not nearby home but at the other end, the bulb in my headlight would burn out. My younger self would have been left cursing the darkness all the way home.
But HO! Murphy is defeated! The older, wiser me keeps a spare bulb in my trunk and carries a mini-flashlight on his keychain. Without the need to utter a single curse word, I merely open my trunk which contains tools & spares of all necessary kinds. In somewhere under five minutes I have light. "Be prepared" was my motto in the Scouts (whether I liked it or not) and I admit: it's finally sinking in how well that works for me.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 03-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Sold my brand new Kawasaki 66 CC motorized bicycle yesterday.. 2 M/B's bikes in the living room, was too much for wife to handle. So I sold hers.
Cant build a garage town wont let me, tool shed too small , cant even fit a lawn motor in it.

Pulled the head off my 1995 100th Anniversary Edition Schwinn 66 CC pulled off the head cleaned/ lubed it all up changed out the BP7HS NGK . Took clutch pucks out cleaned them put it all back together.. !!! Runs better

Last edited by Jumpa; 03-11-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
Murphy's Law would dictate that, at the far end of my evening ride - not nearby home but at the other end, the bulb in my headlight would burn out. My younger self would have been left cursing the darkness all the way home.
But HO! Murphy is defeated! The older, wiser me keeps a spare bulb in my trunk and carries a mini-flashlight on his keychain. Without the need to utter a single curse word, I merely open my trunk which contains tools & spares of all necessary kinds. In somewhere under five minutes I have light. "Be prepared" was my motto in the Scouts (whether I liked it or not) and I admit: it's finally sinking in how well that works for me.
Bravo M8
I even keep a spare chunk of fuel line in my "Possibles Bag" Now just remember to replace the replaced bulb!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM

LIKE A BOSS....

re: 2 M/B's bikes in the living room, was too much for wife to handle. So I sold hers.

That sucks that you got zoned out of building a shed. See if you can have a pre-built one like the Home Depot types,that can be moved on a truck and aren't permanent. Or even an enclosed pickup trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Sold my brand new Kawasaki 66 CC motorized bicycle yesterday.. 2 M/B's bikes in the living room, was too much for wife to handle. So I sold hers.
Cant build a garage town wont let me, tool shed too small , cant even fit a lawn motor in it.

Pulled the head off my 1995 100th Anniversary Edition Schwinn 66 CC pulled off the head cleaned/ lubed it all up changed out the BP7HS NGK . Took clutch pucks out cleaned them put it all back together.. !!! Runs better
Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM

Maybe you can have a "greenhouse" with motor bikes and a few tomato plants.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:42 PM

today i....had to to tighten my sprcket mount..it wore and the chain keep coming off onto the hub it ate away a lot of my kings 27 tooth sprocket..pissed me off luckily it wasnt the alignment of the motor tho =) than i un bent my ape hangers. it sucks when your bike falls over with ape hangers. had to redo the chain...now im about to see how it runs shoudl be good as new... thinking about porting my exhaust....well i tried it and my chain broke...I guess it is the engine alignment. i re aligned it. (damn stingray mount) hopefully this fixes it. i wish the wind would quit blowing so i could test it out

Last edited by DIANY; 03-11-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 PM

The NOS Diamondback multi-speed cruiser frame arrived yesterday. It took 23 days via Parcel Post to reach me, but no probs with that.

The BIG problem is that the 6hp Robin/Subaru engine will NOT fit in there, even without the motor mount.

Soooo, I trial-fitted a Tanaka 47R engine in there, again without a motor mount. There's a LOT of room for this 2-stroker to fit in there w/a 4-stroke shift kit, so I'll try that.

Harbor Freight is selling Predator 212cc engines for $99. Shipping fees usually kills the deal (up to $100 more). However, UPS-Ground is charging $6.99 freight for two 212cc engines, so I bought a pair of them.

Looking for a frame big enuff to fit the Robin or the Predator.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:30 PM

went test riding my crapbrook, pk 80, this morn. sprocket adapter bolt came out, munched my brake arm locked up rear wheel, walked it 1/4 mile back home. inspected damage, toasted mm sprocket adapter. so this afternoon got ol scruffy out, painted it military style, added ammo style saddle bags. rode it till i ran out of gas. what a great day.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

What a great day. Really made up for last time. The weather being fantastic as it was, I got out all the bikes. Sophie wanted to race again. And in general the girls and I had a grand time puttering and pedaling around the mobile home park. My bike, Tempus, was running like a top.
And in order to make utmost use of a sunny day, I fired up the charcoal grill and laid on some bratwürst. And inside I was cooking saurkraut and seasoned potatoes. A marvelous Sunday all around.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner