Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I put 15+ miles on ole Blacky Roadmaster today, have to ride to a neighboring small town to pay my water bill, wind blowing like the dickens here out of the south so the ride there was a bit rough at times but on the way back it was really nice, wind to my tail the entire way.

Rode the Karaoke up the road today, first time it's been out in about 6 months, fired right up on the Opti2 and ran like a champ, Fired up the Moon Dawg Kaluna ran like a champ also, but I noticed I have lost a front mount screw so I shut her down until I get that replaced, may be tapping this one out for a 1/4 20, threads where a bit sloppy from the get go on this older case.

today is my only day off work this week so I didn't feel like and repairs today so that fix will have to wait until next week.

Really like the way that Dax RT Carb. is running on the Karaoke though, really nice.

Peace, Map
Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Dan I don't wanna let it set still long enough - promise good pics on very next day I ride .
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Messed with my chain tensioner and think I finally have it right. Took my bottom bracket apart and replaced the one piece to three piece conversion kit with a cartridge. It feels a lot more secure now. Test ride tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Gutter Rider

Oh gosh Happy, I'm not hardly serious abt anything.

and I certainly don't have a grand to drop on a bicycle!!!

It does occur to me that there's most likely affluent members here, at motorbicycling.com who might enjoy a carbon fiber/string timmer racing machine.

It would probably take a bit of study, as you point out, but it could be done...
back when I was messin' with flying aircraft models, there was a guy building CL racers... he built his own engines from scratch and carbon fiber airframes... showed everyone exactly how he did it... they used a little clown head for the pilot in them things! lol

got boxes of them little engines and stuff... I should sell it off and maybe buy one a them kestrel bikes! and a tanaka 37r. then I could run it on 40% and head for the salt flats and race Auggie!

Fun stuff!

Well I tore my motorized bicycle apart today.
No mas.
finito.
Muerte.

It's a pedal bike with a gas tank left on it, now.

Used the rag joint wheel and the 48 on the bike I got for #2.
(Not really little more than guesses what might be wrong with the slant motor, so I'll deal with it later, and the rear wheel had a busted spoke from a tensioner encounter and the rag joint was made up poorly.)

I'll have him running tomorrow, or the day after.
Then I gotta get my own running!
I'll probably finish the Giant Butte with the Red Bat engine.

Best
rc
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Gutter Rider

Rusty them peppers are gonna be smokin hot! I made many a grown man cry with those darn things. I have to admit I looked for victims sometimes. I would wait for somebody really ornery to nonchalantly give it to. I built up quite a tolerance for them over the years. lol. Trick is I can eat one or two and make it look like its a totally casual thing. Then hand a stranger one and look out!

Ok verdict is up on the spoons and my new tire adapted Large Marge rim approach. This should be good lol but will mebbe make sense?

First off I took my friends his set of spoons over last night and had to work on my truck. We dropped one of the spoons accidentally from the work bench and it did bend slightly. Was a bit bummed there, yet it did not hurt it at all. Still these spoons have a thin , way wider profile that proved to me so far to be very forgiving and make the job a breeze!

Tonight at home I just did my problem child. What I learned was a little more finesse. I had a few nights sleep since the front tire blow out and just now got my Maxis Hookworms in. I went to mock up the tire and put it on granted this is a different brand make of tire. So bear with me..

The first bead slipped right on but I thought for a second and pulled the tire off to make good and well there were no burs on the rim.. When I went to put the tire back on the first bead fought me a little. Thought that was strange. No there is absolutely no hop in this wheel.

So I lubed it up and prepared to talk dirty to it lol. The second bead fought me a tiny bit fiercely , yet not like the previous tire... So i said to myself there is no hurry here.. I began to do something different.

I would get it to where it was binding up and just could not do that final flip. . Then simply popped the second bead partially off and traveled to a different spot on the rim systematically. I did this 4 or 5 times and walla it squirmed to a magic spot to where it finally relaxed and flipped over the final spot of the rim peacefully! This might help somebody else dunno?

Normally on a skinny rim I can practically man handle it with just my bear hands. The large Marge rim is really hella wide! Substantially and evidently to me this is my newer approach. Also trying to keep the tire scrunched together to mimic a skinny wheel I still thinks helps. I have to confess tho the last few times moving to a new final flip spot I stopped checking that as the tire seamed to be staying scrunched together mimicking a skinny wheel with out any fight..

Oh yeah the 8 inch long forged steel spoons are still totally worth it it in my book!

I checked over that thick brick cruiser tire and the bead was still on the rim. The tire side wall itself ripped clean off a section of the bead.

My Hook Worms are rated for 15 more psi than that cruiser blow out. It was rated for 40 psi the H.W 65 psi. Last the H.W has better grip and a wire bead. Mebbe I had a fluke of a bad tire? A bad batch? Dunno? I feel extremely lucky!!!!

Last edited by Goat Herder; 03-07-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Looked like an unusually beautiful day for March in Hartford, CT, so I made my first commute to work for 2012. Honda GX35 FD ran flawlessly - hopefully it will also run flawlessly going home!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Why?? lol. I knew someone who had a home garden full of cayenne peppers and other vegetables. Over the years, the bell peppers were quite hot to eat, and the hot peppers were tasty but scorching! He used to walk out there and yank one of the hottest ones off and just pop it in his mouth like a Cheetos chip. haha

re: Rusty them peppers are gonna be smokin hot! I made many a grown man cry with those darn things. I have to admit I looked for victims sometimes. I would wait for somebody really ornery to nonchalantly give it to. I built up quite a tolerance for them over the years. lol. Trick is I can eat one or two and make it look like its a totally casual thing. Then hand a stranger one and look out!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Put gas in my latest bike today for the 1st time and ran it around the neighborhood. Its that mcdonalds fixie bike from walmart. Drive chain seemed to loosen up very quickly. Made some adjustments and rode around some more. I think I'm gonna buy a micargi stretch next. They look cool.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM

What chain did you use? Everyone seems to experience rapid stretching on the kit chains. KMC dirt jump chains are popular, and hardware store industrial chain.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 AM

Talking Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Went for a fang on the ktm 50 rep. Omfg this thing is so much fun.... It should be illegal. Oh yeah it is
Nothing like whole shotting the cars and beating them to 80km/hr.
I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference with this power plant but leaning ride down with ur chin near the hangers keeps ya in a strong band from 25 to 80.
2 words, absolutely wicked

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner