Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Thrashed the bejesus out of my new ride on my 2nd tank now. Lookin at gettin this ASAP http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/vi...id=21568339785 and a carb to suit.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNut View Post
Got a new air leak perhaps?
my local freinds gonna take a look at it im on some real crazy hours and hes bored hopefully he gets i know its somehting simple that i just overlooked it always is .

realy eyeing those predators though hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34006 Link to INFIDEL 99cc predator build
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39541Link to Recumbent golden eagle build
Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Kind of a weekend update. I purchased myself a toy for it being the weekend (thats an excuse right?). Got the bike running this week. My shock is en route and should be hear Tuesday so hopefully I can get some videos up. I still need brakes for the bike though. Chainreactioncycles.com kind of messed me over so I need to reorder from elsewhere. After I ordered they put the brakes I bought on backorder until June haha. So right now I only have a BB7 up front which just isn't going to cut it. Probably just needs new pads though.

my mock shock just didn't cut it
Old 02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

has anyone got any ideas to hook an engine so you can use shimano direct drive and change gears?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:43 PM

Stewpedassle - a shift/jackshaft will do that. Checkout SBP:
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 PM

I rode my Tanaka bike at the park with my daughter today. She loves riding in her kid trailer. We pedaled around the park and motored around the neighborhood. I got 2 flat tires though and got annoyed, so we spent the rest of the time letting her ride her tricycle and play in the playground.

Some people asked nicely about the bike, and I think I have a new motorized bicycle fan. Only one guy was negative, saying "That's cheating!" with all the solemnity of a preacher condemning someone to ****. . I told him I worked to buy it, worked to build it, work to drive it and drive it to work. He just pouted and went inside.

The boost bottle system I made worked nicely. The engine warmed up fast and pulled hard. The high idle was cured by turning the idle stop screw out 1/2 turn.

The flat tire problem should be cured by a new heavy duty tire and super-tubes this week.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Gutter Rider

Road my Boxer to a friends house with a tube and rim around my neck and shoulder hanging. Spokes and tools in a back pack. Made a bet i could re-lace my rear hub to a large Marge rim with no truing stand and have a straight as a whistle wheel in under an hour.

My first two wheels I ever built from scratch are still sitting here. About to finish my next bike. When I ever get a day off again. lol.

This wheel building stuff is getting to be very easy for me. I can't believe I hadn't done it sooner. I just step it in when tightening it up using the spokes heads as a reference. I get the idea that is how the machines in factories do it? The heavy duty double wall construction of these rim are very forgiving too!

This Bike feels way different and better to me I think with the extra wide rim. Gotta ride it a few more times and report back. Looks hella kewl!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 AM

Check out the Problem Solvers Holy Driver if that is your approach. You are supposed to be able to do that with a small drill, to speed up wheel building. I just use a cheap screwdriver ground to fit in the spoke holes, and basically do that. http://www.amazon.com/Problem-Solver.../dp/B001CJXH1M

It will give you a starting point, but since spokes come in lengths several mm different between sizes, and you have to remember to correct for dish, I wouldn't raise a high tension with the initial few rounds of spoke tightening.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2239968 View Post

my mock shock just didn't cut it

Pffftt some duct tape and zip ties and your good to go
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Gutter Rider

I like using a drill to remove spokes/rims I would like to save. To assemble I go all by hand. So many years of wrenching working with my hands. A wheel to me is a touch feel type thing.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner