Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEASURE TWICE View Post
==================================

I bet it was those gound hogs, there awakening and go around widdeling loose ground connections.

But really, I have a Briggs and they use screw/machine thread and nut with external tooth starwasher. The thing that is really a mess is the solid wire that is very brittle for the kill switch/points that broke off on me right down next to the epoxy (primary larger diameter wire thankfully). I melted with a crummy old solder tip to gain access to a 1/4 inch of this coated magnet wire. Then exacto knife scrapped away insulation and the soldered using the good tinned tip an extension wire. Used High Temp RTV and had it all back together using stranded high temp wire like the stuff for volt meter probes. No breaking that way!

I just have to add this.... once happened when a ground wire on the blower motor on the air conditioner in car had got loose. I had a cloud starting to rise from below the passenger side floor under the dash board. I was driving freeway speeds and was freaked out. It was really an opaqe cloud expanding upward. The installation on the AC was not good. They did'nt use an external tooth start washer on the wire lug or even scrape away much paint to get a good ground. Just letting you know if you are not driving through fog, but are actually transporting it

MT
You've got as Briggs??? Those are good motors. My winter motor is Bridgestone Titan which has proven to me to be very tough.
Just got back from a ride to get goodies and smokes-running good -tonight I go out again. Today is Feb 4(Sat.)
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Installed a shifter KIT 2 day ^_^
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM

Today, I bought a neck brace for riding:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECK-BRACE-H...item58915f62f2

It is red, and will match my red motorcycle helmet and red chest protector.

It will be part of my Iron Man riding outfit.

I also bought a leather jacket for $101.00:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leat...item337074585b

My red chest protector and elbow/forearm guards should be able to fit underneath.

It will be part of my Rocketeer riding outfit.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 02-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:33 PM

just got my pirate cycles 36 tooth sproket and adapter,5 min install,love it buying one for my occ build,highly recomended.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSaustralia View Post
Installed a shifter KIT 2 day ^_^
kinda wish i never sold mine now.. how do you find the shift kit?
Whatever you do dont follow trucks to get unreal speeds....and dont go to the ancient indian burial ground :-/

On another note I was riding hm from wk this morning in thick mist I was actually wet by the time I got hm.. never realised how much the high humidity knocks the performance around.

Last edited by breno; 02-05-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: retarted
Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 PM

I'm finishing up the dishes and going to go ride mine, alone. lol. I'm hoping some people call /write for the DMBR, else I will just sleep half a day and go to the firing range instead.

I started a club for metal fans/bicyclists/mb riders, also.

I'm pretty bored here. Too rainy to mtn bike lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
Dallas motorized bicycle ride and Pizza dinner, Feb 19 Sunday, 2012, Message for details. If it rains, we can move it another week. 50 mile ride starting at White Rock Lake in Dallas, buffet pizza.

I didn't do anything to mine today but buy a spark plug, and I'm getting a section of radiator hose for a air intake tunnel for the Tanaka33.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 PM

Five years ago, I had a trailer project w/a BOB trailer and a 6hp Robin EX17 169cc overhead cam engine. I bought the new engine on Ebay for $105.00. Unfortunately, the engine was locked up and the crank wouldn't spin. I also realized a bike "pulling" a trailer @ 45mph might draw too much attention, so I shelved the project.

With so many huge engines being installed mid-frame bikes lately, I decided to pull the 40lb. Robin engine/Comet CVT off the shelf. After removing the fuel tank, air cleaner and muffler, 5 lbs. were lost. The engine had been packed very well for shipping. However, the seller had used "peanut" styrofoam, which jammed every nook and cranny of the engine's outer surface. After removing the pullstart and engine sheet metal, I found a stray bolt stuck on the magnetic pickup. Removing the bolt freed the engine, allowing the crank to spin free!

So now I have a new, trimmed-down 6hp Robin/Subaru engine w/Torq-A-Verter, awaiting another project.

http://robinamerica.com/pfeatures.aspx?pid=8
http://gokartsusa.com/subarurobin6hpengine-2.aspx

The more I research this engine, the more I realize it is a truly OUTSTANDING one.

Annnd, it is EPA compliant!

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 02-06-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:55 PM

built a new race bike for the 2012 design logic bikes east coast race series
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM

Built a friction drive in the last few days. The first from a kit, also with a clutch. It was a BGF kit, I do not advise anyone using this kit unless you are a machinist fabricator, this is defiantly not a install and go kit. After completely rebuilding this thing I got it installed on the bike. I like the friction drive thing, except for the looks. It could be easy to install if you get the correct kit, (not this one) The engine is large I don't think you need an engine this big or powerful. It is fast as the kit uses a large roller. As you know the size of the roller dictates the top speed, It acts as a literal wheel the larger the faster you could go. If I were to build another I would use this kit and find another engine to go with it, you can see the quality in there kit. bikemotorparts.com Have fun, Egor
Old 02-05-2012, 10:44 PM

Brought my bike down!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner