Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Nice score 5-7!

lol anim8r, horz shaft briggs make nice pusher trailers Small engine troubleshooting applies to any engine. Fuel, air, compression, spark = happily running. Easy to remember acronym when you start cussing, heh heh.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
Nice score 5-7!

lol anim8r, horz shaft briggs make nice pusher trailers Small engine troubleshooting applies to any engine. Fuel, air, compression, spark = happily running. Easy to remember acronym when you start cussing, heh heh.
thanks, killercanuck.

Thanks for the acronym too. fuel.....air.....compression.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Couldn't find the really big 36" pipe wrench so I used a 24" pipe wrench to bend the crank arm on the LA Cycles BigMo. Now I can put it on craigslist!! Now that I can sit on an see exactaly how I would have fit on it...there's no way without a massive chop, hack, and weld-up. The Dynacraft West Coast Limited is much better for motorizing
Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM

got a new wristpin bearing in (10x14x15) threw it in and let her rip. felt so much better than the crappy bearing it came with.

also put a new cylinder and rings on to get a proper break in. just need to keep running her until it gets dialed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 PM

The work continues on my Stiletto Rat Bobber. Today I fabricated a disc brake adapter for the OCC front wheel I'm using. Installed a 160mm disc, everything is straight and true. Fabricated a chrome front fender and added chrome braces to the rear fender. Insalled the dual brake lever from BGF, not sure I like the idea of both brakes on one lever. Have ordered wide cranks to clear the new pulll start. Still working on a way to mount my high output LED headlight. To celebrate my progress, will take the Red Hornet out for a ride to the marina and back first thing in the morning.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 PM

I MADE MY FIRST SALE!!! And there's snow on the ground. Guy needs transportation badly- we're waiting for schwalbe hobnails to show up so's he can get to work and back in this weather. Huffy 'Panama Jack' with Howard Hubmount and prototype Home Depot headlight with cheap chinese tail/brake/turn/horn/annoy unit as well. Guy's as happy as a teenage boy with money in a cathouse. I gave him a one year on parts and service... I wanna see this succeed. I wanna see this really work for him. He's got a 12 mile round trip daily commute going on, the little beastie ought to handle it well enough :usflag:
Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Just the usual maintenance. You know...washing it..hugging it. Haha!

Seriously, I cleaned it today. Now, I don't want to take it out with all the snow.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:37 AM

hey, Anim8r. I think I had the same snowblower. I picked it out of a guy's trash and all it needed was a new rubber gas line. I made a friction drive bike from the engine, I think it was a 3 or 3.5HP Tecumseh 2-stroker with recoil and AC electric start. I took the starter motor off to make it lighter. The engine was strong and pushed the bike pretty good, but I couldn't keep it from burning up my tires. That bike is long gone, but am thinking about making a chain drive bike with the engine. You should be able to get it going if the engine is still sound. A little tip, mine came with a mikuni diaphram carb. If the unit has been sitting for a while the carb will probably need a good cleaning or rebuilt. Kits are cheap and there are instructions for rebuilding online. Other than that, the ignition is CDI so there shouldn't be anything needed there. Good luck and let us know how you come out.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:49 PM

hey Scootmeioster, here's a link to my continued ramblings about it...
http://motorbicycling.com/f28/there-...arb-36515.html
After the minibike swap meet tomorrow, I'm coming home to start rebuilding/redesigning it. It's about as structurally-sound as a destroyed lawn chair lol but it did its job this morning

Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 AM

My new Tanaka 47R engine arrived today! Just as advertised, not a drop of gas or smell of gas.

The next step is to have it ported.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner