Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

For my birthday today I got 68 degree weather! So I took the bike out for a spin. Stopped by the local NAPA and showed the fellows what I've been doing with the parts I've been buying there. They loved the bike. I got some interesting looks from the other customers also. Fun day. Nice ride. Pretty good birthday.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Happy Birthday Allen...
Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 AM

Happy Birthday!

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 01-07-2012, 06:43 PM

WOOO!! I finally got my first build up and running! I still got to fix the rear bikes and a thing or two here and there but man was the few minutes I was riding it were fun or what! First up on the modification menu is getting the pedaling noise down with all that chain racket. But still gobs of fun, can't wait to take it out tomorrow. Got to cold to keep goin here
Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Let the donor bike's daddy ride it today....

Ear To Ear Grin!!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Woohoo! This mid-sixties weather in January is the bomb! I've been out and about lately, just puttin' around the neighborhood. And answering the occasional question of "What is that?" with a simple "It's a motorbike." I love doing that.

BTW: Thanks guys for the birthday wishes. For all I've been through, on good days I don't feel that much older (until I look in a mirror, which I only do when I have to).

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM

I started work on my chainguard, using generic aluminum channel. There's a LOT of exposed chain when you use a Scooterguy mount.

Also working on my shoulder strap. I'll be using this to carry my bike up 2 flights of stairs after every ride.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:35 AM

Got the seat tube adapter to use the Dynacraft seat and post in the LA Cycle's BigMo I'm fixing to sell. The BigMo has a 31.5 post hole and the LTD post is 25.5mm. I'm sitting on the bike and notice the chain side crankarm is bent in I'll be getting the BIG pipe wrench out to bend it back out. Then chain it to the gas pipe in the front yard and sell it
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Motor View Post
WOOO!! I finally got my first build up and running! I still got to fix the rear bikes and a thing or two here and there but man was the few minutes I was riding it were fun or what! First up on the modification menu is getting the pedaling noise down with all that chain racket. But still gobs of fun, can't wait to take it out tomorrow. Got to cold to keep goin here
congrats on getting it running, R_M!
I had the same problem when I got mine going....I had to adjust the motor mount so it tilted forward a little, & then I also opened the drive sprocket cover & used a file to wear down the parts (a little) where the chain was grinding against the motor. Your problem might be different, but those are decent places to start.
DEFINITELY get those brakes fixed lol have fun

Old 01-09-2012, 01:14 PM

Rode around for 45 minutes recording with my playsport zx5 in my phones holster clipped to my brake cable. Really shaky vid, but youtubes' video editor cuts that down to a minimum. Got a few good "looks". Got chase by 2 dogs. Smaller dog was maybe a lil' over a foot long, 2nd dog was a good 3 foot long, and about 1 ft wide. The smaller dog was trying to get himself ran over by my front tire. Before i saw them, i heard barking, and as i got to a coldesac, this small dog come barrelling out of his owners drive way, with his friend not far behind. Both barking the whole time, the bigger dog ran a good 2 ft to my left for about 30ft then gave up the chase, the smaller dog snagged my pants leg and then let go(so glad). I didn't want to have to pull his remains out of my rear chainstay and friction drive. The smaller dog kept getting closer and closer to my front wheel and then darting out right in front of my wheel, so i had to keep jamming on my brakes and swerving to the left cuz i was inches away from hitting mailboxes on my right side. I finally swerved quick enought that the smaller dog rolled over trying to turn back to his left and i gunned my engine and escaped. Fun little adventure. caught some air on speed bumps. Top speed so far: 26.4mph

The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon. - George Washington

I'm Jesse James
Semper Fidelis

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner