Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
I need to do something about my tires to prevent from getting frequent flats. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I am also an avid mountain biker and we commonly use downhill racing tubes.
Michelin Aircomp Competition Downhill Racing 26 x 2.2-
Cost a bit more but you will never flat again. These are made to drop 10ft and not pinch flat. I also carry a light weight spare and a patch kit, C02 inflaters are a great item will inflate a tire in seconds small and light weight. http://www.bikewagon.com/Bike-Access...-p8435075.html

Last edited by Motorbikermark; 12-19-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
I commute (17 miles each way) on my motorized bicycle and flats were a major issue. I am now using: the thicker "thorn resistant" inner tube, nylon liners inside the tire and good, thick, unworn tires. After averaging 2 flats a week I have now gone a month without any.
I want to switch to the Kevlar tires but at $45 each that is gonna wait till after the holidays.
I have considered the solid "puncture-proof" for $95 each but the guy at the bike shop warns me that they tend to slip off the rim. Sounds bad @ 40 mph.

Also, search under "slime" in this forum. Some users swear by it.
i've had baaadddd experiences with those solid tires. ruined a bike one time because of it.

was rounding a corner on a sidewalk when the tire slipped off, rim made me skid into the street when the bike frame got bent from the impact. (it was electric and going at about 20mph)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikermark View Post
I am also an avid mountain biker and we commonly use downhill racing tubes.
Michelin Aircomp Competition Downhill Racing 26 x 2.2-
Cost a bit more but you will never flat again. These are made to drop 10ft and not pinch flat. I also carry a light weight spare and a patch kit, C02 inflaters are a great item will inflate a tire in seconds small and light weight. Avenir Quick Burst CO2 Mini Bike Pump / CO2 Combo
My tires are 700c X 42, I couldn't find my size for the Downhill racing tube on the site you post but I did find these. Are these any good?

UL 700X18-23 52MM PV 700x18-23 52mm PV
Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=KDB;351143]I commute (17 miles each way) on my motorized bicycle and flats were a major issue. I am now using: the thicker "thorn resistant" inner tube, nylon liners inside the tire and good, thick, unworn tires.

The nylon liners, do you put it between the rim and the tube or the tire and tube?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
i've had baaadddd experiences with those solid tires. ruined a bike one time because of it.

was rounding a corner on a sidewalk when the tire slipped off, rim made me skid into the street when the bike frame got bent from the impact. (it was electric and going at about 20mph)
You have to make sure you take proper measurements. It's all about the compatible tire for the rim. Myself, I found rims that fit the local tire shop's solid tire inventory, and now I replace the back tire yearly and move the old one to the front.

The first go about it was difficult, as I was having some slipping probs as well, but now I'm sold on them. Military grade bicycle tires - WHAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96gcKODYJY
Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Gutter Rider

I did make a lucky discovery of the Schwinn Bike computer I had bought a while back, but did not mount it one the mab...

Scored two discarded mtb's yesterday, in my travels.
Think I might switch out my motor to the diamondback, which seems the more interesting of the two. still no front suspension. shucks!

Saw a bike, through the window of a thrift store, last night... an 'english styled' womens bike.. not in very good shape... but it's got a stout looking rear cargo rack that has collapsible side folding baskets with it. ...gonna have to go look at that today!
...still gotta get horn, mirror, and lites.

Best to all
rc
Old 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
My tires are 700c X 42, I couldn't find my size for the Downhill racing tube on the site you post but I did find these. Are these any good?

UL 700X18-23 52MM PV 700x18-23 52mm PV
700cx42 = 29"x1.75 mountain bike, try these 2mm thickness at the rim and 4mm at the wheel in comparison to .7mm thickness of the 700c road tubes
Universal Cycles -- Q Tubes 29r Thorn Resistant
Don't worry that it says 29x1.9-2.3 .15 of an inch isn't an issue.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Took her out on her maiden voyage. it runs amazing!

the piston i notched so it clears the intake fully, then also cut a tiny groove (boost port i think it's called) so it starts the intake a little before the skirt opens the port.

anyway, here's a picture of the beauty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004small.jpg (630.4 KB, 44 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:36 PM

Your bike's looking good there, Skarrd!

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 12-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

just got my cruiser back up and running today after a break down and then a rebuild. opened up the intake and exhaust for some more airflow. modded the bike to mimic cafe styling. some more torque, a better look, and now it's loud as ****. I know a lot of guys on here are about making these motors quiet, but I'm not one of them! pics and vid to follow tomorrow in the cruiser section!!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner