Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anim8r View Post
took the air filter off my china girl for a test run today, just to see how it works with more airflow. DANG what a difference! I couldn't believe the improvement at takeoff. I liked my red skull, but it looks like I'll be replacing it with a microphone screen or a mini strainer or something.
I was already planning to drill into my muffler this weekend and now I think I'll do both mods.
Thanks.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Your mileage may vary, but mine ran like poo without the filter, just trying it out. The little inlet hole seems to drown it at idle, if there is no restriction at all (filter). I have had good luck with the "skull head" and the coffee strainer type filter box. I like the coffee strainer one better, keeps more dust out, and the screw to release the cover is on the side. The plate stays on the carb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anim8r View Post
took the air filter off my china girl for a test run today, just to see how it works with more airflow. DANG what a difference! I couldn't believe the improvement at takeoff. I liked my red skull, but it looks like I'll be replacing it with a microphone screen or a mini strainer or something.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Gutter Rider

OK, I'll give it a try...

Tnx guys....

My engine is wore out anyway, won't hurt it a bit to run it without an air cleaner. I'll post back if I notice any different results.
rc
Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 AM

I'm waiting for daylight, so I can ride to work.

It must've rained last night, 'cause the roads are totally wet right now. Yesterday had wet roads in the morn. In the afternoon, it was dry, but it drizzled on the way home. I've never fallen on my motorized bicycle in wet weather.....yet.

Just for grins, I think I'll ride slowly to work on the sidewalks this morning. It'll take longer to commute, but it'll be safer.

One of the bosses told me I was brave to ride to work every day. "Foolhardy maybe", I replied. "No, brave" she replied.

I save about $5,000 a year by replacing one of my vehicles with a motorized bike. I'm also spared the aggravation of looking for parking on crowded streets, walking in the rain to my car, washing off the bird poop, etc. I get to park for free in the parking structure, while car owners pay $100-something monthly fees or $40 DAILY fees. It's in a bike rack in a covered spot on the fourth floor. It's totally safe and I use a cable to secure my front tire and a FUGGETABOUTIT motorcycle chain for the frame and rear tire. I leave the chain and cable on the rack, so I don't have to carry its 15lbs with me on the bike. In a 4-story building filled with hundreds of working people, I am the ONLY bicyclist.

That's so freaking sad! Everyone is totally dependent on their 4-wheeled cager. There are almost three hundred vehicles in this building, but only one bicycle, one moped and two motorcycles!

The majority of island people are either afraid of riding bicycles in traffic or simply totally dependent on their cars. The ones who can't afford to own a vehicle depend on the bus. I slowly pedal on the grass, past a main bus stop on the way to work. I can sense their urgent dependency, waiting for the bus.

There is such a feeling of freedom and independence in riding a motorized bicycle! I am very surprised that more frustrated commuters don't build and ride MB's. The TV channels show the congested traffic in morning and afternoon rush hour traffic. Over 100,000 vehicles on not-so-many roads on this island.

I tightened up and cleaned my new windshield, also adjusted my brakes and wiped down my MB.

I am anxiously awaiting daylight!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
OK, I'll give it a try...

Tnx guys....

My engine is wore out anyway, won't hurt it a bit to run it without an air cleaner. I'll post back if I notice any different results.
rc
just use a layer or two of nylon stalkings.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I mounted two headlights to my frame (resembles a cafe racer)...halfway through my tear down / rebuild. I had busted my chain after breaking spokes on my rear wheel and sending the chain into the frame when running

so I decided to take it all apart, clean it, and modify the bike itself to make a whole new beast. now I'm just waiting on spokes and a master link in the mail til I can get back on the road
Old 12-10-2011, 02:32 AM

Waiting for my last order of parts, a lot of cutoff 1/4" stainless steel allthread rod that will be a part of the truss rod mount for a Morini S5 E. Then I'll be able to go back to posting in my thread
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scud View Post
I mounted two headlights to my frame (resembles a cafe racer)...halfway through my tear down / rebuild. I had busted my chain after breaking spokes on my rear wheel and sending the chain into the frame when running

so I decided to take it all apart, clean it, and modify the bike itself to make a whole new beast. now I'm just waiting on spokes and a master link in the mail til I can get back on the road
I got a price break at 10 master links.
$1.80 each. very happy with that decision.

Note to self: stock up on spare spokes.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:49 AM

The roads were completely wet from last night's rain. While riding thru the heavy industrial area, I found that the ocean tide had backed up into the storm drain and completely flooded the intersection and sidewalk. I tried to circumvent the area by walking my bike on a building's private sidewalk, but it was purposely blocked. Oh well, so I tiptoed and rolled my bike thru the salt water. I wasn't worried about corrosion, since the city streets were wet and would rinse the ocean water off my bike.

At the end of the day, after riding on wet roads, I ALWAYS reflect back and think.....Man, riding on wet roads is SCARY!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 PM

primed up my frame!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner