what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Saw a Felt Deep 6 in Dark Cherry with a natural leather spring seat at a bike shop today........just didn't see the extra $800 in my wallet. That thing was just pure sex!!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK

Saw a Felt Deep 6 in Dark Cherry with a natural leather spring seat at a bike shop today........just didn't see the extra $800 in my wallet. That thing was just pure sex!!

Kinda like me fantasizing about this motor in a bike.

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/256422-Troy-R2.html

Its really not that big for 11hp. What would I mount it to is my next question.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

My bike ran crappy on Tuesday when I put half a gallon of 92 octane and Opti-2 in the tank. I remember years ago when I had the same issue. So I raised the idle and opened the Low screw 1/4 turn. That solved the problem.

On Tuesday's & today's morning rides, I was hassled by two different dogs @ a homeless camp on the bike path. I got away easy enough. This afternoon I called 9-1-1 and reported the incidents. Dispatcher wanted me to met cops there. Nope. Dispatcher told me I shoulda stopped and immediately called for police. Nope. I pass there twice daily. don't want hassles w/mad people right on the bike path, ESPECIALLY if their dogs are confiscated.

On the way home, I saw a drug addict tying her pit bull to a tree w/a short rope. Cops musta been there.dance1

Jacob1807

Mar 3, 2013
Cadott,WI

Hey, i was wondering if it is possible to move the drive sprocket that is on the engine. Maybe if i could just move it out a hair this would get it away from the tire. thanks again!!

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada

Hey, i was wondering if it is possible to move the drive sprocket that is on the engine. Maybe if i could just move it out a hair this would get it away from the tire. thanks again!!
i had considered this myself a while back,removed sprocket and started pondering my conundrum.
i have a large assortment of shims/washers and even a lathe to make
circular objects.
between the keyway and the oil seal and the remaining threads on the shaft
i didnt think the work involved gained much clearance (i dont think i could have got 1/8") clearance after mucking about.

only solution would be an offset sprocket.

on another note,
i dragged my bike out of storage and added fresh gas.hopped on and went for a ride.runs as good as the day i put it away.
it was a long cold winter that lasted almost seven months.
i really missed my bike,putting on the hybriped sprocket this weekend.

Jacob1807

Mar 3, 2013
Cadott,WI

Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm really hoping to get out on it today without wrecking my tires.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.

Jacob- I think the best people do without major changes is to adjust the engine as far left as you can on its mount plate, make sure your kit drive gears' cup shape is facing out on the rear wheel, and making sure to keep your engine drive gear and rear wheel drive gear directly in line (lot's of discussions here on how to) tighten your rear wheel in it's final position trying to eek out a milimeter or two for clearance, or put on skinnier tyres (apparently they're not as hard of a ride as I thought). It seems that your chain only slightly touching your tyre will be ok. If you can wipe your sidewall clean after a ride, and there's no loss of rubber, I wouldn't worry. Just keep it all adjusted how it works. Ride!

Jacob1807

Mar 3, 2013
Cadott,WI

Thanks for the advice. I'll go out to the shed and tune up a couple things, tighten the engine and try it out!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA

you can get about 1/16th inch on that sprocket with a washer cut with a slot for the woodruff key, but this may cause the chain to chew on the rear forks instead of the tire - just did one yesterday - dished wheel over, then added 3 washers to axle to get tire back in frame-center (chain just misses hitting frame tho)

Jacob1807

Mar 3, 2013
Cadott,WI

Jacob- I think the best people do without major changes is to adjust the engine as far left as you can on its mount plate, make sure your kit drive gears' cup shape is facing out on the rear wheel, and making sure to keep your engine drive gear and rear wheel drive gear directly in line (lot's of discussions here on how to) tighten your rear wheel in it's final position trying to eek out a milimeter or two for clearance, or put on skinnier tyres (apparently they're not as hard of a ride as I thought). It seems that your chain only slightly touching your tyre will be ok. If you can wipe your sidewall clean after a ride, and there's no loss of rubber, I wouldn't worry. Just keep it all adjusted how it works. Ride!
Thanks, i just went out to try some adjustments and realized that the back motor mount nuts were not even tight!! When i was riding it about a week back I did notice that the engine was extremely rattly. This did fix my tire problem.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.

Nice. Glad it was simple!
I hear bad things about these contraptions rattling everything loose. Mine does it's fair share.
Best to check over the bike, front to back after every few miles, there's a thread about intervals here somewhere.
Be safe, enjoy!(^)

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX

Took her for a ride today and tell me how the headlight bracket breaks?!
Maybe from the bumps in the road but I saw it "bobbing" up and down a little while riding and thought that a bolt and nut had vibrated loose.
But nope it's completely broken. This one from http://custommotoredbicycles.com is complete garbage anyway. Loose connections for the battery broke away the first day I got it...and loose connections for the on off switch...will it turn on or won't it situations. I tweaked it and got the battery box good to go but I don't know how to tighten down the switch without tearing it up. Also it drains batteries QUICKLY..and the screw to pop open the lamp must have took a vibration beating too because its missing.

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I worked on my bare frame/mid-engine buildup today. Scrounging used parts laying around. 4.5hp CY460 engine. Spare crank arms, freewheels, sprocketS. 5:1 tranny. Fiddling around with mid-engine placement. My Scooterguy-mounted bike sidles next to me for comparison notes and measurements. It is an excellent commuter bike. I have to fight the urge to clone it.

I need to configure it in such a way that the SBP/Happy Time expansion pipe will fit tightly. I have the stock muffler (loud), a Dominator pipe (super-loud) and the SBP/Happy Time pipe to choose from. The SBP pipe is the best one to fit into the build. Even tho the engine port and exhaust flange is grossly mismatched (rectangular engine port/ round pipe flange port), the pipe works extremely well. Besides quietening the loud engine to the point where you can hear the engine's reciprocating parts, it makes excellent power.

Back to fiddling.scratg

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington

Sledge and I remained at motorized bicycle in the shop till sun rise. Then we took off on a dawn raid.

Grabing the FSC & RMLL, we hit Ruston Way; dropped down onto the water front; blasted the round about/s. zipping along the shoreline to downtown Tacoma.

Where we again hit the shoreline drive through the marina around to the tide flats (industrial area). We then cut a large loop past the gantry cranes and shipping; looped back across the 11th street draw bridge. (Photo)

Up and through T-Town again hitting the via duct that drops us back onto the Ruston Way water front drive where we blasted WOOT all the way home.

We ride side by side at WOOT and the sound is just in creditable! The sounds of these two bikes spooled up beside each other; well it just gets me fired up!

Now seeing it was about 0545 when we headed out about 0700 we passed out and its 1130am time to hit it again .... WHERES MY BEER!

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Great pic LR.

I went down to a favorite chill spot with a few beers in the backpack in the milk crate. By the time I left, the beers were gone, milk crate and backpack were stuffed with garbage... Is nuts what people will just chuck out the window, gah!

I guess I'm the type of guy that doesn't like garbage looking at me while chilling by the river :)

survive1990

May 14, 2013
tucson

so my chain is rubbing on both sides?? how do you adjust.. also i think my cns 66 carb is running rich i think i either need to change the jet size or just get nother carb not shure my bike needs help...