Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Gutter Rider

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

For me I am gonna use 24x30 tires they are very large. This profile of tire in 26''would be a little to big for the bikes geometry. A 24x3.0 tire has a profile very near a 26x1.75. My over all handling and smooth feel of the road will be superb!!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I agree. Fatter is better when you have the muscles or the motor to move it all. I put 2.25 beach cruiser tires on my motorized bicycle and it was a good change. I have run them on my full suspension mtn bike in the summer and they were great but didn't corner so hot off road. haha.

I think my wife is sold on the motorized bicycle now. She wants me to put the weeder motor kit on her mountain bike. Yay!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home purchased one gallon of milk, one gallon of bottled water and a frozen grape juice from concentrate can. Hung all that off the handle bars too.
Goat look around for a free "Instep" tarailer I use it for when I go get groceries In fact Im gearing up to go out in 20 weather I will hopefully hook up my trailer get some milk and a few other essential items [/I]
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Goat look around for a free "Instep" tarailer I use it for when I go get groceries In fact Im gearing up to go out in 20 weather I will hopefully hook up my trailer get some milk and a few other essential items [/I]
I can definitely understand 20degree weather being a bummer! At some point I am way better off just plain ol peddling to stay warm. lol. Can't hold on to a bike and go straight down the street shivering so hard to even hold on to it!

I have the balance of a circus bear at a pretty good pace like this.Years of peddling and playing hard has left me fairly well familiar and muscled for it I guess. I use my king size forks like a trailer. It prolly helps that I am pretty tall too. My center of gravity is not that alarming to me at all. The bigger forks for me make the bikes I ride fit my stature.

For me the big plus side of that equation is I coincidently get sweet tire clearance to do the likes of this.

I usually stop by the store fairly frequently this is a nice show off load. lol

Pict of the currant BoXer bike. I had small forks on this one. What I mean is the forks will not clear for a monster tire. Other than that this thing is so smooth on the cities rough bumps I love it. Lower Lumbar honestly just gets a message.

This bike works great I just travel the city with it. The next bike will be totally pimped out wheel wise. Gotta take it a day at a time eventually a well intended plan will come together lol.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 10-31-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM

If you get a chance click my name then go see the photo's of my trailer "instep " I hooked up ya cant even feel it when ya ride till ya hit a bump for the folks that want to see these pictures better. I noticed when I have my Picasa Picasa download in progress running it shows those tiny photos that end up in the top left hand corner HUGE . and its free Its awesome Picasa is . And you can store thousands of photo's on their site so if you ever crash or want to show some one a picture you took but your not on your PC you can access it from any PC in the world ..As long as you know your user name and password .It's free why not have it ? Ive had it a few years and it saved my Pictures one day after a complete melt down

Last edited by Jumpa; 10-31-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:01 AM

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/how-re...asa-13741.html
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/how-re...ket-13551.html

Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 PM

Heck yeah, those are great! I have one that I use for my pedaling around with my daughter. I have another one I use for hauling stuff. the Instep one has a c-clamp type hitch, but you can replace it with Burley or aftermarket stuff or put new rubber on the grip jaws when the coating wears out.

The Insteps have sealed-bearing wheels and roll nice!

Cut a few 2x4s and ziptie them to the metal rails for support, carry all your goods in laundry baskets or sterilite bins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:52 PM

Talking Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I rode mine around in costume for Halloween. ;-)

I dressed as Johnny Blaze from GhostRider

http://moviegrrlreviews.files.wordpr...st_rider22.jpg

I used a $1 store skull mask, and a trash bag tied under a bicycle helmet. The bag is painted like flames so it billows with the wind. Pictures to come, surely.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:17 AM

After I got home from work I re-aligned the rear wheel. When I did the carrier install yesterday, I didn't double check the wheel alignment afterward. When I went to ride out this morning, the tire was rubbing the chainstay, and the knobby tread kept pulling at the cable for the rear gears. I have a love/hate relationship with quick-release wheels. When you have a flat or need to replace the tire they're great, but fine-tuning the alignment between the chainstays when you're pulling against two chains is a three-handed job.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 11-01-2011, 01:48 AM

You can get a toe-strap like track racers use on old style pedals, and use one to secure the front brake. This helps when you have the bike upright and need to pull on the back wheel for alignment.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner