Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

RC: Ill bet its a Shimano HG 34. not as big as the old suntour but still a low gear. A few years ago they tried that, but I don't think it went over that big(neither did the Suntour). What's old is new and old again. Since the memory of the consumer here is like the lifespan of a fruit fly I bet somebody will try it again as a "new" technology.

Back to the subject line, road out to the store yesterday and I think my float lever is too low because my engine is cutting out when I give it W.O.T. It seems to happen in "waves".

mike
Old 10-30-2011, 05:18 PM

Had an issue with motor not getting spark once again....lol.... After swapping everything in the ignition system out (magneto, CDI) and after pulling the plug and seeing a little spark, I was at my wits end so I went the direction of fuel being the issue.....swapped the carb for a new one even drained the gas and put newly mixed gas in it....still no start....its always the last darn thing you do that corrects the problem right?....lol.....so the only thing I didnt swap was the plug wire....got one off of the Kawisaki ZRX 1200R I wrecked 2 years ago and wouldnt you know it fired right up.....man I cant get over the the crap that comes on these china girls...down to the POS spark plug wire....oh well live, tinker, and learn theres a quality plug wire on it now
Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 PM

Let's see, I put a SBP oversize tube adapter. So now my engine is properly mounted, and hopefully won't tilt to the left anymore. Put in a carb manifold gasket on my NT. Ported and polished intake and exhaust. Matched the gasket with the holes.Ground down the welds on intake and exhaust so my nuts would seat properly and put it all back together and rode it for about 10 minutes. And the damn thing even worked right!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM

I had a nice day.

Fixed the flat rear tire, finished up, painted and mounted the new exhaust and rode 15 miles of errands on a 73 degree sunny day.

Heard a new noise that I hadn't heard yet, a "ticking" sound when decelerating. Yup intake noise. My new exhaust is so quiet I can now hear intake noise.

A good day -
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM

I changed out the spark plug (NGK) & wire that I had acquired from Autozone; the old wire took a bit of time to get it out of the CDI. Sealed the connection with gasket maker. Also changed out the engine mount studs front & rear. I ran out of time to install the exhaust and other loose ends. I should have it complete tomorrow and hopefully be on the road again.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Minor maintenance day here, quick check of the mounting bolts and so on. Removed and replaced a broken rear carrier rack, so now all my gear is back on board. The old one suffered a support shearing down near the axle on the way to work the other day. Must have finally hopped it's last curb, at least it didn't go into the spokes. The new one looks a little sturdier, hopefully it'll hold up.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Gutter Rider

Threw my new S6C L/C Morini motor in my back pack and road my BoXer bike across town to one of my buddies house's to show it to him. He had not road his M.B. in two months and needed a little inspiration he had repairs to his truck that needed doing. I let him ride the BoXer that set the mood and we got his H.T. back going.

Have not had to add any air what so ever to my said rear tube it is rock hard and steady. I love Slime its been over 15 gallons of gas now.

I got my Large Marge rims coming in tomorrow Vy UPS for my custom 24'' wheels I will be building and I found some Killer hella thick motorcycle tubes to use on them coming UPS as well. I am guessing that I will have the new BoXer bike up and running in the next two weeks.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Gutter Rider

WoW !

What a guy!!!

...ridin' around town with a motor in his back-pack... lol
Like one a dem guys with a violin case. lol

Can't wait to see how the new bike comes out, GH. Should be real nice.
I gotta go back and search out your logic for the 24" rims and tires... I been thinking abt a smaller wheel, also. My reason is lower center of gravity/pressure.

Best
rc
Old 10-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Gutter Rider

I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home purchased one gallon of milk, one gallon of bottled water and a frozen grape juice from concentrate can. Hung all that off the handle bars too.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
WoW !

What a guy!!!

...ridin' around town with a motor in his back-pack... lol
Like one a dem guys with a violin case. lol

Can't wait to see how the new bike comes out, GH. Should be real nice.
I gotta go back and search out your logic for the 24" rims and tires... I been thinking abt a smaller wheel, also. My reason is lower center of gravity/pressure.

Best
rc
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of a 24' wheel vs. 26' wheel?

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner