Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

That is a really cool trailer but I bet it is heavy!

re: teenagers. I was taken cycling frequently from a young age (carried on baby seat first, then got a trike, etc, through BMX and cheap mtn bikes. By the time I turned a teenager, my parents did not ride anymore, but I was very much into road cycling. Neighbors used to take me on mtn bike trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
Heh heh, she's so cute, like the rest of you light haulers... heh heh I kid, but 6 24s in the trailer doesn't.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Well, I adjusted the clutch, installed a cheap digital speedometer I had from moons ago, and generally went over the whole bike, checking fasteners and such. Took it out for a spin, and spent some time using my handheld GPS to verify the speedo, got it on the money ! The handheld, my phone and the speedo are all showing the same speeds.

Now, I think I am gonna go take another ride...
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
That is a really cool trailer but I bet it is heavy!
Ohh yea, when its loaded I'm glad there's no hills around here. To start from a stop and get'r running isn't too bad(when its flat). I should look into a hitch pin instead of a double nutted bolt, so I can start the bike first, then hook up the loaded trailer. lol

F/R discs really help. D'oh, no pics of it behind the 29er. But yea, the brakes really get a workout.

Right on iflyos, gotta love getting things dialed in
Old 10-23-2011, 02:06 AM

I got my grubee bike back out today. My wife said, over dinner, "What if I want to ride it before you sell it?" I thought she was joking, but she waited. I said, yeah, baby, I'll go get it right now. She is short! I hope she can get on it. She couldn't get a leg over my Schwinn Avenue, even with the sloped top tube. haha. I told her don't worry, if she wants to try the motor I will put the Dax on her mtn bike and we know it will fit her. What a PITA if she does, but I was kind of hoping she would want to try it bc. maybe she will want one, then I can get her to come along. If she knows she can motor back to the car when she poops out, maybe she will exercise more and get to play with us at the park more.

I saw a great trailer once, very light but strong. It was a regular kid trailer, with the top and fabric all stripped off, just leaving the square frame. It had green wire mesh from the garden center pulled over the top and doubled back under the bottom, and a box of zip ties pulling it all tight. Cargo boxes could bolt on with through bolts and 2x4 pieces on the bottom, or strap things down with motorcycle straps and bungees.

Last edited by happycheapskate; 10-23-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Staff

I have not had a nano second to play with my motorized bicycles of late. New contract for my little courier gig. Saturdays and Sundays are rough but about 12 times today I could see in my minds eye a lil "Cindy Loo Who" lookin' lil one clapping and cheering when she saw a trailer being broke out and tethered to a MB.

Was a great lift Happy. Thank you.

Cool Dad fer sure. Get vids for her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 10-23-2011, 02:59 AM

I showed my motorized bicycles to my wife's friends today when they came to socialize and go watch a show. The husband seemed most impressed with the "hog", but liked the dax stuff till he heard what it costs. "$$$$ for THAT little thing?" I just smiled and said, yeah, it's heavy duty stuff and it gets you around. The beer store guy says I should put them on bikes for money as a cottage industry job. I said I will for friends, but not just anybody bc. I think some idiot will sue or want their money back after breaking it JRA.

Here is my daughter modeling with my mb. Glad it cheers you up.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 AM

One of the clamps on the rear rack of my Diamondback broke. The rack was also bent from a fall, so I bought another one from the LBS. They said it'd fit; sadly, it doesn't, so I'll look for a different mode rackl. My fuel tank mounts atop the rear rack, so I need to find a replacement quickly.

I changed tires from 26 x 1.95 Armadillos to 26 x 2.35 Schwalbe Big Apples. They're wider and softer, so the motorized bicycle should have a softer ride. Then I swapped the off road tires on my Trek/Staton/NuVinci bike for my used Armadillos. Both off road tires were flat when I bought the used MB. It's a royal pain to change/fix the rear tire. Maybe that's why the previous owner simply let the bike sit neglected for three years.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 AM

My disc rotor mounted sprocket rattled out, so I got to replace 4/6. Fortunately, there's no damage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96gcKODYJY
Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Went to a local motorcycle shop and picked up replacement spark plug wires & tubing. Went with an NGC waterproof connector and about 2 ft of cable. When my plugs arrive I'll change out the stock and see how she runs. Also washed my bike. Other than that is was all

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa bwaa bwaa bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chuga chuga bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I know you were hearing your own engine in your head, admit it 8-)

Last edited by East82; 10-23-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 AM

I rode my Dax/Tanaka 65 miles today from White Rock Lake (pedaled 10 miles), to Highland Park & Katy Trail area, and to Fair Park in South Dallas. Almost everybody was nice to me today. Only 1 cager rager acted out, and just honked at me a couple times for no reason other than he wanted to turn right and couldn't wait 5 more seconds for the light to change. The people at the gas station were fascinated by it as I bought 1/2 gallon of gasoline and mixed up a couple big sport-drink bottles worth. At the lake, some bicyclists were curious and asked where I bought it (bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor) .

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner