Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

found out i have a very slow leak in my rear tire, nothing fix a flat wont patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
make sure you have a 3 cross spoke pattern for that adapter. i build all mine with 4 (sometimes 5, if i wanna get really old school bmx on it.)
i've got 3 cross pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:17 AM

today i was riding home from work and the temp was 3 degrees with a windsheild of 13 to 15 haveing proper clothing makes the difference from a horrible ride to a fun ride i swear its more fun to ride during winter and my motor seams to run better but is definetly harder to start after over 8 hours sitting in 3or 4 degree weather it took about 60 yards to start my bike and about 200 before it ran good thats without a choke or a primer
Old 12-02-2010, 07:17 AM

so today was a good day for me i finally found a decent pair of snowpaints to fit me that dont look to bad and since its about 3 degrees outside they came in handy so i know this isnt really something i did to my bike but rather something i did to make my biking experience better

and since my rain paints i was using before got all sloped on with black gunk from the motor and looked really ugly i put cardboard on both sides of engine to keep the splatter of oil grease off my nice new snow pants
Old 12-02-2010, 03:24 PM

got a cargo rack in the mail

glad it doesn't bolt to the axle like the one i used to have couple years back... don't think my axle could handle anything else bolted to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Staff

Came home, no time for a ride but started her any way. Just sat for a minute or 3 and enjoyed the smell and watching the clutch shoe spin. Really like the sound of this build. Thought a bit about fabricating a fairing. Thinking from axle to about eyebrow height. Wind cutter for yr round resistance and winter warmth. dunno

Went with the MC, fleece lined gloves. Just a preference and the cuffs go over jacket cuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Didn't get home til late last night and tonight will be another late one but yesterday I did get a small sediment bowl from a 50's Evinrude outboard to use as my fuel filter on my build. Spent a little time cleaning the heavy crud off of it, seems like it will clean up real nice and add to the vintage look I want.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Staff

Installed winter air filter cover. Instead of chicken wire or solid stock, it is the stock cover with a hole drilled over the carb's intake. Engine is still breaking in and I should have waited. It now has 4 or 500 more RPM. Will switch it back. Thinking it is just the engine wearing in.
Vid does not sound any different when switching between st8 pipe and or muffler but can hear it in person.

Put flap on helmet that covers the back of your neck. Huge difference! A lot warmer.

RiverSide :: Mufflerandopenpipe.mp4 video by dan3xd - Photobucket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air filter cover winter.jpg (128.0 KB, 43 views)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 PM

I rode my bike five miles to town for a quick meal, then donated platelets at the blood bank. No bike problems, a pleasant surprise!

Top speed 40.1mph. My cheapo LED speedo only registers kilometers, so it keeps me thinking, lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Put my fenders back on after taking them off due to the rear one having clearance issues. Cut the rear one down using tin snips, and it fit great. Just snowed here in chi town, about 2 inches, so I thought fenders would be a good idea. Then I decided to go to the local 7-11 to try her out in the snow. Got there and ran into a friend talked a while and some random person came up and started asking ?'s, you guys know the usuall stuff, where, when, how much. After chatting a bit another friend ended up comming by. Talked a bit then finally went into the store and bought what I wanted. A 99 cent arizona iced tea. Got home and realized that an hour had gone by, the store is only 3 blocks away! BTW riding in the snow is freekin scary.
Oh also ordered a bunch of new stuff. 2 headlights a rear turn signal/rear light/horn combo, speedometer, bike alarm, and goggles for the amazing price of $66.

Last edited by skiball83; 12-04-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiball83
BTW riding in the snow is freekin scary
word it is very very scary i know too well the dangers of riding in fresh snow i plan on buying a set of nokian extremes on payday that should help a bunch ive seen guys come to a complete stop on slick ice without a problem then set there feet down to balence and slip

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner